login

Author Topic: Divx players and being online  (Read 3631 times)

Offline orionpaxxx

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • ...in a secret Halliburton bunker I wait
Divx players and being online
« on: March 08, 2008, 01:16:38 AM »
I love the Divx concept and I just downloaded 4 Rifftrax for my Dvix player to watch when I come offshore. But in order to watch them it seems I need to be online to veiw them. I do not have internet in my room. Is there a Divx player that does not require me to be online or is there a way around it so I can watch it when I am offshore? I have the internet in my office out here but its not good practice to watch while I work >:D Can someone offer some advice and helput please
If there was a transformer that was a hybrid, do you think the other Autobots would make fun of him or be envious?

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: Divx players and being online
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 05:36:21 AM »
All I can think of is Burn them all on one DVD and keep that DVD in your laptop tray.

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 10:50:28 AM »

Yeah, the best route is to burn the shorts to DVD. And the DivX player itself actually allows you to do that. Another option is to load the movie, and simply leave the player open on your desktop when you disconnect.

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline orionpaxxx

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • ...in a secret Halliburton bunker I wait
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 10:02:00 PM »
Thanks guys I will give it a shot
If there was a transformer that was a hybrid, do you think the other Autobots would make fun of him or be envious?

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 241
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 11:12:33 PM »
This is a concern of ours too, and it does upset us that you need to be connected. Fortunately I have asked the folks at DivX and it turns out they ARE, in fact, working on an update that lets you watch your VOD content even after you've disconnected. (Good for if you are travelling). Unfortunately the timeline isn't set in stone yet, and could be sometime later this year. We'll keep you posted when we hear more.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 733
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 11:19:50 PM »
Good to know.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com