Author Topic: Ongoing LOST season 4 thread WITH SPOILERS!  (Read 30697 times)

anais.jude

Re: Ongoing LOST season 4 thread WITH SPOILERS!
« Reply #435 on: June 04, 2008, 09:42:45 AM »
but were any Dharma people born on the island? I don't think they ever said they were

No, because Juliet said that the women died before (I believe) the end of their second trimester. I'm positive it has something to do with the difference in the movement of time on the island.

If you conceive on the island the mother dies but off of the island the baby dies. 

i know. it just seems odd that Charlotte could be looking for where she was born and wanting to stay on the island

Why does that seem odd?

the implication is that she was born on the island, but no one can be born on the island....wait yes they can unless they were conceived on the island...whatever, i will shut up now

Offline Maverick Joe Six-Pack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #436 on: June 04, 2008, 10:53:30 AM »
but were any Dharma people born on the island? I don't think they ever said they were

No, because Juliet said that the women died before (I believe) the end of their second trimester. I'm positive it has something to do with the difference in the movement of time on the island.

If you conceive on the island the mother dies but off of the island the baby dies. 

i know. it just seems odd that Charlotte could be looking for where she was born and wanting to stay on the island

Why does that seem odd?

the implication is that she was born on the island, but no one can be born on the island....wait yes they can unless they were conceived on the island...whatever, i will shut up now
http://www.youtube.com/v/6Em12p4vnak&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Em12p4vnak&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]
"Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #437 on: June 04, 2008, 01:10:31 PM »
Heh!

Smoke monster = nightmares and trees.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Fortis

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
  • I'd just as soon kiss a wookie!
    • Jacob's blog on, life, the universe...everything!
« Reply #438 on: June 04, 2008, 01:29:12 PM »
I'll just hold my questions till the next time I'm in an elevator with Dr. Jack!

I miss seeing Maya Rudolph in SNL, she was great. I really like Andy Sandburg though...heh, "Purgatory."

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #439 on: June 04, 2008, 01:35:58 PM »
I'll just hold my questions till the next time I'm in an elevator with Dr. Jack!

I miss seeing Maya Rudolph in SNL, she was great. I really like Andy Sandburg though...heh, "Purgatory."

I'm pretty sure she's still on.  She took some time off to have a baby though.  She had a sketch with Shia Le Beuf this season, I know that much.
"Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #440 on: June 04, 2008, 09:29:03 PM »

That's all fine and well... but how do you explain Aaron's birth?

my entry made my girlfriend laugh a few times, the best I can hope for really.

I'd say Whalberg definately qualifies as really good.

Offline Grillslinger

• Magneto-cent Member
    • Grillslinger's Creations
« Reply #441 on: June 05, 2008, 06:09:20 AM »

That's all fine and well... but how do you explain Aaron's birth?

Juliet explained that she had been working on something. They medicated claire with the newest version of it. Aaron was conceived off-island.

Juliet also said that Aaron's was the only successful delivery since she'd been on the island.

As far as what causes the deaths....I suspect it has to do with the island's healing powers...white blood cells are supercharged. She explained that the deaths occur because the white blood cells turn on the fetus...treating it as if it were a disease.

Offline Fortis

• I'd just as soon kiss a wookie!
    • Jacob's blog on, life, the universe...everything!
« Reply #442 on: June 05, 2008, 12:41:20 PM »
Interesting article from Ken Jenning's (that guy who was on jeopardy forever!) blog...

Hmm...so the island is Narnia?

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #443 on: June 05, 2008, 02:05:54 PM »
Gooooolly he's smart

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #444 on: June 05, 2008, 05:21:31 PM »
Gooooolly he's smart

Well, he did earn over two million dollars 30-40K at a time in a SINGLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT!! (not to be confused with a DOUBLE elimination tournament)... you gots to be the smarty-man to pull that off. :)

I missed the Charlotte Staples bit (mostly because I forgot what CS's middle name was, if I ever knew it at all), but my wife and I were talking about the whole secret room behind the coats thing when that episode aired. Ken's my man... he never misses anything.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline James of LinHood

• Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #445 on: June 19, 2008, 10:59:18 AM »
This could make watching season 5 of Lost even more fun than it will be.  The Lost season 5 Fantasy League.  Read up on it here:

http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2008/06/announcing-season-5-darkufo-lost.html

I'm in the Spoilerfix league.  Sign up and we can compare our scores from week to week.  If enough people sign up maybe we can have our own little contest to see who gets the highest score on the board.  The prize could be a Rifftrax gift certificate.  Just a thought.  Anyway, sign up!

Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #446 on: June 19, 2008, 11:15:57 AM »

Event: Visits the statue - New Point Value: 20

That needs to be like, plus one hundred points. I swear, those filthy writers better get back to that freaking statue sometime next season. Even if it's something lame like... "Dharma faked it for some reason." You can't just ignore something that huge (literally) for almost two years! Argh!

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #447 on: June 19, 2008, 12:52:22 PM »
I joined up.

Go team "k1 stole Hurley's french fries"!