Author Topic: Ongoing LOST season 4 thread WITH SPOILERS!  (Read 29342 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 742
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Ongoing LOST season 4 thread WITH SPOILERS!
« on: February 15, 2008, 01:51:48 PM »
Hey let's talk Season 4 here without using the spoiler tags!  They are quite annoying. If anyone reads this thread then they only have themselves to blame!

HITMAN Sayid working for BEN!!

WOOT!
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
Re: Ongoing LOST season 4 thread WITH SPOILERS!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 02:03:47 PM »
Thank you for creating this thread.

These flashforwards were such a great idea for this show.  Every single one was been intriguing and keeps me on my toes.  They also serve to make charcters who we've seen a ton of in flashbacks, refreshing all over again.  That's a huge acomplishment for any TV show.  And I praise Lost for doing it so well.

Anyway, while Sayid's flashforwards were quite awesome (I totally didn't see him working for Ben!), I was more intrigued with the issue of lost time addressed in this episode.  It'll be interesting to see what day it is off of the island.  The 815ers think they've been on the island for 3 months.  What if it's been more like a year?

I'm glad to see Ben alive off of the island because this means he won't be dying any time soon.  Which means we'll be getting more Ben flashbacks.  And I really want to see those!  Hopefully we'll get one before this season comes to an end.
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline Fortis

• Liked: 1
  • I'd just as soon kiss a wookie!
    • Jacob's blog on, life, the universe...everything!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 02:20:40 PM »
It'll be interesting to see what day it is off of the island.  The 815ers think they've been on the island for 3 months.  What if it's been more like a year?

Maybe this show is kind of like 24. What if, it has only been 100 days for them, but 4 years have passed for us. Like say the date is 10-8-2003 on the island, but it is really 2-15-2008 for the rest of the world.

I really really really think that the new people we are seeing on the island and in the flash forwards talking to Jack and Hurley, are working for the Hanso Foundation.

The Hanso Foundation is trying to extend the date of human destruction that they got from the Valenzetti Equation. April 8, 2015 at 16:23:42, or, 4 8 15 16 23 42. The Hanso Foundation is desperate, they are trying to postpone this date, but they are killing people that get in their way. And the Dharma Initiative, I think, were trying to figure out if the island is the key to postponing it, as it has weird effects to the human body. But with Ben's killing of the Dharma Initiative, they are trying to get back to the island  to get revenge, hence the 4 people that are on the island now looking for him. But with the secrets the Oceanic people have learned, Hanso, naturally would want to silence them, or control them, hence that African guy trying to talk to Hurley and Jack (the hanso foundation does a lot of work in Africa). And possibly why Charlie appeared to Hurley saying, "you gotta help them" or whatever. Them trying to silence the Oceanic 6 explains why they would put the plane down at the bottom of the ocean (if they did) because maybe they were trying to close the searches of the Oceanic flight so that people wouldn't stumble across the island.

To back up what I am saying here, which is just what I have said on the other Lost board, watch this video and visit the Hanso Foundation website... http://www.thehansofoundation.org/

[yt=425,350]_PPCCcXarkc[/yt]

Offline Nick

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 02:40:57 PM »
If it is the Hanso Foundation, why have they waited all these years to finnaly try and take out Ben. And why would they send these 4 clowns. You'd think if they wanted Ben taken out theyd send assasins or something.
Killing me won't bring back your Goddamned honey!

Offline Fortis

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 02:43:54 PM »
If it is the Hanso Foundation, why have they waited all these years to finnaly try and take out Ben. And why would they send these 4 clowns. You'd think if they wanted Ben taken out theyd send assasins or something.

Assassins don't all have weird connections to the island, or weird abilities that could possibly be amplified on the island...(like Walt)

But as for this many years of waiting?? That is my hole in my theory.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 02:45:47 PM »
The time difference is intriguing and probably necessary to keep up with and explain Malcolm Kelley's growing up.  Out of all the actors he is the one who is going to show a huge difference in age and appearance.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Fortis

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 02:49:21 PM »
The time difference is intriguing and probably necessary to keep up with and explain Malcolm Kelley's growing up.  Out of all the actors he is the one who is going to show a huge difference in age and appearance.

Thanks for reminding me about the time difference!

Assassins don't all have weird connections to the island, or weird abilities that could possibly be amplified on the island...(like Walt)

But as for this many years of waiting?? That is my hole in my theory.

The time difference could explain my hole! But wait...time passes faster outside of the island so...well it could still be a factor. But maybe they didn't find out about the fact that Ben killed everybody until right after Desmond turned the key, causing communications to be able to come in on the island, alarming the Hanso people causing them to find out about the killed Dharma people. There, problem possibly solved in my theory. The elector magnet was keeping Hanso from knowing about the Dharma deaths.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 02:54:45 PM »
I think Ben's spy on the boat is going to be Richard Alpert. When was the last time we saw him? Wasn't he off to do something for Ben when he gave Locke the folder on Sawyer to get him to kill Locke's dad?

Offline Fortis

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 03:01:34 PM »
I think Ben's spy on the boat is going to be Richard Alpert. When was the last time we saw him? Wasn't he off to do something for Ben when he gave Locke the folder on Sawyer to get him to kill Locke's dad?

Yeah, it could very well be him, he is a very charismatic guy, like Ethan (they are exactly what the "Guide to Creepy Villains"  says a creepy villain must be. Creepy, Charismatic, and very normal looking at first glance, but slightly maniacal at second glance)

And that does make sense, he did take off after he gave Locke that folder.

Offline James of LinHood

• Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 04:07:57 PM »

No.  The last time we saw Richard, Ben told him to go with the others "to the temple as planned."  I really doubt it's Richard.  This spy would've had to gain these freighter people's trust and probably act as their ally for a while to get the info he needed to Ben.  Therefore, it's very improbable that Richard's on the frieghter as a spy.

My money's on Michael.  We know he's coming back this season and what better way to bring him back?  It'd also be a hell of a lot more of a shocker to people.  And we all know how Lost loves to shock people.
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline Nick

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 04:23:42 PM »
A quick question. It seems like almost all the other 815 survivors went with Locke, but I remember Rose staying with Jack. Whered she go?
Killing me won't bring back your Goddamned honey!

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 07:33:37 PM »

No.  The last time we saw Richard, Ben told him to go with the others "to the temple as planned."  I really doubt it's Richard.  This spy would've had to gain these freighter people's trust and probably act as their ally for a while to get the info he needed to Ben.  Therefore, it's very improbable that Richard's on the frieghter as a spy.

My money's on Michael.  We know he's coming back this season and what better way to bring him back?  It'd also be a hell of a lot more of a shocker to people.  And we all know how Lost loves to shock people.

Ah ok. I didn't get a chance to re-watch Season 3 before 4 started. Michael would be a good reveal. It has been pissing me off that Harold Perrineau has been in the opening credits for at least the last two episodes and we haven't seen him yet.

Offline hare.29

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 04:49:38 AM »
Anyone else get the impression that Minkowski is the plant and that the 4 boaties on the island know that?

The woman Sayid killed in the flash forward was also wearing the same kind of bracelet as Naomi, so I think they're working for the same people.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 04:52:29 AM by hare.29 »

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 05:39:51 AM »
A quick question. It seems like almost all the other 815 survivors went with Locke, but I remember Rose staying with Jack. Whered she go?

A bunch of them are still down at the beach.  Jack and Kate went off on their own when they ran into Daniel and Sayid and Juliet decided to go looking for them, that's why it's just been a few of them with the Boaties.

I suppose Ben's guy on the boat could be Michael, but that would seem like a huge miss for Abbadon's group.  They seem to know a lot about who these people all were, I'm sure they would have had access to the passenger manifest and be able to get photos of the "victims" of Oceanic 815.  For them to miss out on Michael...I just don't think that'd happen. 

Also, after the very beginning of this last episode, I was hoping that Sayid had become "Sayid: Golf Course Eradicator."  Sadly, that was not to be.  Not yet, at any rate.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 06:52:41 AM »
I'm a bit curious about the "time moves slower for people on the island" concept.

I guess the rocket being fired from the boat and taking 30 minutes longer than it should have was a pretty big clue of something.....

Jack was talking about how amazed he was that the Red Sox won the world series.    That was in 2004 when that first happened.   So, is the story of Lost still based in 2004, or is just 2004 for the folks on the island and 2008 for the rest of us?     And that could explain why Syaid and Jack seemed to have more grey hair in the flash forwards than in the island?