login

Author Topic: Night of the Living Dead: Rifftrax longer than the movie?  (Read 7987 times)

Offline Grillslinger

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
    • Grillslinger's Creations
Night of the Living Dead: Rifftrax longer than the movie?
« on: November 10, 2006, 06:39:34 AM »
I imagine that the rifftrax was for a different edition of the movie than what I have. This mixed the times all up, so I ended up spending quite a lot of time in Premiere, snipping here and there, to match all the Disembaudios.

It may have worked. I haven't watched it yet. I hope everything else matches ok.

I think a cultlist should be included on the readme files for folks who have a different version of a film.
Who can I contact about this?

I apologize if this has been brought up before. I tried a search and found nothing.

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
Re: Night of the Living Dead: Rifftrax longer than the movie?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 07:19:39 AM »
I tried a couple different versions of NOTLD before I found one that worked.

The one that worked for me was the Mellenium Edition.

From what I hear, is that other versions have small amounts of the movie trimmed off and that obviously throws the rifftrax timing off.

So if you can pick up the Mellenium Edition, you'll find it works perfectly.

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 89
    • conorlastowka.com
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 08:06:02 AM »
Yeah, we recommend the Millennium edition or the Google Video we link to.  With any other cheapo versions you run the risk of having to do exactly what you did.  It would be impossible to provide a cut list for all the cheap cuts of the movie that are floating around in dollar bins out there, but if you want to post your own for the version you did on the forum, you're encouraged to do so.

Hank

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 08:37:10 AM »
Doesn't the Legend edition come with the same (before it was called) Rifftrax? My understanding is that the  pre-Rifftrax DVD releases contain the same commentaries that would later be known as Rifftrax.

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 89
    • conorlastowka.com
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 08:40:49 AM »
The RiffTrax is the same thing as the commentary on the Legend disc.  So if you want to buy that instead, it can do no harm.

http://www.amazon.com/Night-Living-Colorized-Black-White/dp/B0002IQLGM/sr=8-3/qid=1163176832/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/002-1555731-3427261?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

Offline Justin

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Did you know...?
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 11:16:33 AM »
It's worth it, Grillslinger.  Best Buy, Borders, Circuit City; wherever you want to go, it's just 10 bucks.
Snowhead the Blue Reindeer gave me all the presents in the world.

Offline Grillslinger

• Magneto-cent Member
    • Grillslinger's Creations
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 12:56:13 PM »
Well, like I said, I already took the time to edit....I had to cut a few comments here and there, but not many.

Offline RandaPrince

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 11:27:35 PM »
The version of NotLD that Netflix has for rental *definitely* doesn't work with the RiffTrax. Grrr. I knew there were different cuts of NotLD floating around out there, but silly me, I thought Netflix would have a good one.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 02:15:31 PM »
You didn't end up with that horrible "30th Anniversary " edition, did you?
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Stacey

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 09:47:51 PM »
Haha. I got a copy of the Rifftrax version of 'Night of the Living Dead' at the Con and got *more* than I bargained for.

:P
"I love watching your ass when you walk. Is that beautiful or what? Don't go near him, he's mine." ~Otto, A Fish Called Wanda

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 06:52:23 PM »
Dare I ask?
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Stacey

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 08:38:54 PM »
I lost part of my soul. Thanks for asking!  >:D
"I love watching your ass when you walk. Is that beautiful or what? Don't go near him, he's mine." ~Otto, A Fish Called Wanda

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 12:26:58 PM »
Y'know, usually when you're being vague, I find it kind of hot. Not so much with this, though.

- Conan O'Brien