Poll

Who is the better mascot?

Energizer Bunny
12 (63.2%)
Snuggle Bear
7 (36.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: February 18, 2008, 04:23:37 PM

Author Topic: Great Mascot Tournament: Round 1, Match 14- Energizer Bunny Vs. Snuggle Bear  (Read 1956 times)

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
64 Advertising Mascots Go In, Only One Will Be Crowned Champ

Energizer Bunny (Energizer) Vs. Snuggle Bear (Snuggle)

[yt=425,350]fILdYrxnrf8[/yt]

The American Energizer commercials, produced by DDB Chicago Advertising, originally began as a parody of TV advertisements for rival Duracell. In the Duracell ads, a set of battery-powered instrument-playing toy animals gradually slow to a halt until only the toy powered by a copper-top battery remains active. In Energizer's parody, the Energizer Bunny then enters the screen beating a huge bass drum and swinging the mallet over his head. The creative team at DDB Chicago who conceived and designed Bunny was Peter Bex (art director), Bob Konold (writer) and Lorra Rudman (creative director). They chose All Effects special effects company, and Eric Allard, owner, to build the original Energizer Bunny, a remotely operated vehicle. All Effects operated the Energizer Bunny in most of its first commercials.

[yt=425,350]eZvCP25ka3E[/yt]

Since 1983, the Snuggle Bear has been Unilever's mascot for its Snuggle line of fabric softener. The puppet was created by Kermit Love, the creator of the costume of Snuffleupagus from Sesame Street. The voice was originally provided by Corinne Orr. In a 2006 radio interview, Micky Dolenz stated that he is the current voice of Snuggle.

Offline Nick

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
Well the odds may be stacked against Snuggle, but when backed into a corner his true nature is revealed and has been known to eviscerate his foes.
Killing me won't bring back your Goddamned honey!

Offline Rude

• Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
Quote from: The Warrior
Well the odds may be stacked against Snuggle, but when backed into a corner his true nature is revealed...

[yt=425,350]A8ID6Fbz83s[/yt]

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline Nick

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
That is beyond awesome. :D :D
Killing me won't bring back your Goddamned honey!

Offline Rude

• Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar

Snuggle has always been a source of constant amusement for me:

[yt=425,350]JrNUAqLvWfM[/yt]

There's a great Robot Chicken clip out there somewhere too. I just can't seem to find it anywhere~

-Rude
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 04:51:39 PM by Rude »
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
I'm theoretically torn because bunnies, love 'em, bears, love 'em too. But ultimately the Bear gets my vote because he's got more comedic potential for subversive humor. The Energiser Bunny already thinks it's funny.

anais.jude

I find the energizer bunny most insulting to males. HE is mocking you men and your sexual prowess, how could you guys vote for him?

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
I find the energizer bunny most insulting to males. HE is mocking you men and your sexual prowess, how could you guys vote for him?

He keeps going and going, I believe I have that on my business card.