Author Topic: Finally Got My First Look At Film Crew  (Read 3592 times)

Offline BeautifulMind

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
Finally Got My First Look At Film Crew
« on: February 10, 2008, 08:56:47 AM »
I've watched two so far and I gotta say I'm really sad there won't be any more of these!  I guess I can console myself with Cinematic Titanic but these Film Crew titles are really fun too!
Contest winning limerick on the subject of my choosingBy Bill Corbett

Offline Rodney

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
Re: Finally Got My First Look At Film Crew
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 09:34:19 PM »
I've watched two so far and I gotta say I'm really sad there won't be any more of these! 

Do we know there wont be more Film Crew?  That would be sad.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 09:59:50 AM »
Well we don't KNOW, but 4 was all they made before the crew got sidetracked with this little Rifftrax gig that seems to take up some of their time. :^) I suppose if the DVDs did really well, they might find their way back in to make more, but the situation is currently at "Don't hold your breath. Buy more Rifftrax" status. :^)

Offline BeautifulMind

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 09:40:16 PM »
No there's been no proof positive but I'm feeling pretty certain there won't be any more.   :'(   The stars just don't seem to be aligned to make it happen.  Of course with CT out there now I'm not sure we really need two teams riffing Z-grade turkeys.  Let RT handle the "A"-list and CT handle the Z-list and I will sit in the middle fat, bloated, and happy.  Still doesn't stop me from wishing there were more film crews around!
Contest winning limerick on the subject of my choosingBy Bill Corbett

Doctor Who?

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 12:53:51 PM »
No there's been no proof positive but I'm feeling pretty certain there won't be any more.   :'(   The stars just don't seem to be aligned to make it happen.  Of course with CT out there now I'm not sure we really need two teams riffing Z-grade turkeys.  Let RT handle the "A"-list and CT handle the Z-list and I will sit in the middle fat, bloated, and happy.  Still doesn't stop me from wishing there were more film crews around!

That is how i feel about it too.

Offline Zandrax

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
  • Hey hey mama said the way you move
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 03:20:19 PM »
This is the way I see it too, though eventually I'd have to drag my sorry butt on the treadmill to get rid of the bloating.

Rifftrax sounds like the much more cost-effective business model. There's no rights involved, and overhead cost is very low. Compare this with Film Crew which would have to have camera/sound men, and potential set, even if it is computerized in.