Author Topic: "Guitar Hero is dumb! Why don't you learn to play a real guitar!!"...now you can  (Read 1575 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
New game coming for PCs I believe. Not much info yet but here is a trailer:

[yt=425,350]eOMGbr0Nx-k[/yt]
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
It's the next logical step, I was hoping something like this would come out. 

Now to go shoppping for an electric guitar....
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline swisscheeseandbullets

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
I think its easier to learn guitar playing acoustic, but it's its great that guitar hero/rock band will get more people playing any instrument.

Offline allhailtheriff

• Sparkles in Sunlight
I'm a decent shredder on guitar, but I can't play guitar hero for shit.  Not a fan.  Although Rock Band I found easier to play.

Offline Hank_Peters

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Look at my crotch!
    • My music
This doesn't seem like it would work too well. How well is the note recognition going to be? Also, the song list does nothing to impress me.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
In the flashes of the trailer you see a tuning option. The note recognition should be fine as long as you tune to the game.  As far as the song list go I get the "generic rock riff" feeling from it. The music will probably be like what you hear on how to play videos. 
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Shinigami

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
In the flashes of the trailer you see a tuning option. The note recognition should be fine as long as you tune to the game.  As far as the song list go I get the "generic rock riff" feeling from it. The music will probably be like what you hear on how to play videos. 

If they allow for an import tabs option then it's problem solved.  I could easily see a big online community building around this if they execute it correctly.

Offline Mr.Quark

• Blue Beer Drinker
I'm a decent shredder on guitar, but I can't play guitar hero for shit.  Not a fan.  Although Rock Band I found easier to play.

I have the same problem. I thinks it's 'cuz we try and play it like a real guitar. I had to play on expert so you actually play all the notes, but once you get to a solo, *PLINK* *PLUNK* BOOOOO!!!

That game looks like a great learning tool.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 07:51:19 AM by Mr.Quark »
"Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real" --Neils Bohr