login

Author Topic: Believe it or not they're making a "Greatest American Hero" movie  (Read 3362 times)

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
Re: Believe it or not they're making a "Greatest American Hero" movie
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2008, 03:46:30 AM »
There's really no way this will be any stupider than all the other comedic superhero movies Hollywood makes each year.

Hancock, anyone?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5894
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2008, 08:30:35 AM »
There's really no way this will be any stupider than all the other comedic superhero movies Hollywood makes each year.

Hancock, anyone?

Actually, Hancock is not supposed to a comedy. It is apparently going to be a very serious and dour superhero movie. Hope they do a lot better than Daredevil.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2008, 10:56:05 AM »
The trailer for Hancock has me in stitches every time I see it.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2008, 05:26:05 AM »
Ah well, comedy or not it will still be unintentionally funny. I mean, have you seen the poster? Will making that stupid gangsta rap grimace face where he looks like Frank the Pug? How is that not supposed to be funny? Hitting a boat with a whale? I sure hope that's not meant to be serious. Either way it's obviously a superhero satire, be it like Watchmen or Mystery Men.