login

Author Topic: Did I miss an announcement?  (Read 16645 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: Did I miss an announcement?
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2008, 12:32:47 PM »
Gee, I use and like Divx....... and mine come pre-authored!   ;)

I think the point is that not everyone has a DivX dvd player hooked up to their tv's and not everyone enjoys watching them on their computer...or wants to install proprietary software to watch them on their computer.

I think that there are other options/formats available to make more of the fan base happy. I'm not saying it has to be done...but other formats could possibly equal happier fans.

I know, but I am having a shitty day at work and I felt like (gently) stiring the pot.

*Pot now considered stirred*

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2008, 12:36:44 PM »

I know, but I am having a shitty day at work and I felt like (gently) stiring the pot.

*Pot now considered stirred*

Thats *kewl*

Now that I read back on other posts here...from RiffTrax point of view, its not so much the format that matters...its the fact that someone else is taking care of the encoding and file hosting for them. The fact is that it would be huge bandwidth for them to deal with and DivX takes care of it. I'm not sure if any other organization can offer so much help in this dept. They're might be though...

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2008, 12:39:28 PM »
Now that I read back on other posts here...from RiffTrax point of view, its not so much the format that matters...its the fact that someone else is taking care of the encoding and file hosting for them. The fact is that it would be huge bandwidth for them to deal with and DivX takes care of it. I'm not sure if any other organization can offer so much help in this dept. They're might be though...

So, all we need now is someone with unlimited bandwidth who will do all the dirty work and charge Rifftrax an arm and a leg   

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2008, 12:48:00 PM »

So, all we need now is someone with unlimited bandwidth who will do all the dirty work and charge Rifftrax an arm and a leg   

I've already offered to do the mixing and encoding for free   :)

Just need the bandwidth part to take care of...

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2008, 12:59:46 PM »
That's why I'm saying bit torrent.  That would spread the bandwidth out amongst us.  Now that bittorrent.com has gone legit, why don't they check their hosting rates out.  I haven't done any research with them, but arent they offering some kind of paid service now?
On timeout

Offline darryl

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2008, 10:59:41 PM »
What's with all the comments about not being able to watch Divx on your regular DVD player and TV? That's the beauty of Dvix. You can! My 2 living room DVD players (on is a DVD recorder) are both Divx enabled. It's probably harder to find a DVD player that doesn't do Divx than one that does.

Authorize your DVD player as one of your 6 Divx authorized devices, copy the Divx file to a DVD (or even a CD for some files) and play it in your regular DVD player.