Author Topic: Any movies we ALL like?  (Read 22982 times)

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1479
Re: Any movies we ALL like?
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2006, 04:04:11 PM »

The Incredibles was so awesome that even I loved it, and I absolutely loathe CGI films for the most part (not at first, but they've become so milguetoast that now I can't stand them. I prefer traditional animation or claymation anymore).

It's a gorgeous movie back to front and even upside down. Good writing, good cgi, good characters. I'm afraid I'll have to eat the face of anyone who didn't like it. With apologies, of course.

Geeze.  So BBQ Platypus has already eaten my soul, and now my face is being devoured.  The way things are going, I'm not going to have much left.  I dread the day some one says "and if some one doesn't like Sin City, I'll eat their fingers as finger food!"  for then I would no longer be able to post.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2006, 04:15:06 PM »
I think we can all agree Dune is a stellar work of art that works on multiple levels....accept as a film adaptation of the book Dune.

Ow, and there is NOTHING even remotely gay about it!

Those costumes don't actually appear in the film, by the way.

I love Dune - it's my all-time favorite sci-fi movie, and David Lynch's most underrated.

Is there any hate for Apocalypse Now?

Apocalypse Now is most likely the greatest movie of all time. Either that, or A Clockwork Orange.

I don't know whether or not it's universally loved, but I do know this: if you don't like "Shaun of the Dead", then we can't be friends anymore.

Shaun of the Dead is my favorite movie of the last ten years. It combines two of my loves, zombie movies and British comedy. Fantastic! Too bad BBC America stopped re-running "Spaced" - I only got to see two episodes. :'(

The Incredibles was so awesome that even I loved it, and I absolutely loathe CGI films for the most part (not at first, but they've become so milguetoast that now I can't stand them. I prefer traditional animation or claymation anymore).

It's a gorgeous movie back to front and even upside down. Good writing, good cgi, good characters. I'm afraid I'll have to eat the face of anyone who didn't like it. With apologies, of course.

Geeze.  So BBQ Platypus has already eaten my soul, and now my face is being devoured.  The way things are going, I'm not going to have much left.  I dread the day some one says "and if some one doesn't like Sin City, I'll eat their fingers as finger food!"  for then I would no longer be able to post.

Well, that's what you get for not liking anything. Sin City was cool as hell. What's not to like?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 01:46:14 PM by Isaac »
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline Cap'n UKRiffer

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Leader Of The Justice Riff League Europe
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2006, 04:24:28 PM »
Well, that's what you get for not liking anything. Sin City was cool as hell. What's not to like?

Jessica Alba kept her clothes on
In brightest day, in darkest night
No DVD shall escape their sight
Let those who tremble in bad movies light,
Beware the power, Rifftrax's might!

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2006, 04:26:08 PM »
Apocalypse No Thank You

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2006, 04:38:15 PM »
I don't know whether or not it's universally loved, but I do know this: if you don't like "Shaun of the Dead", then we can't be friends anymore.

Shaun of the Dead was brilliant! I've never seen such a perfectly constructed horror/romance/comedy. I don't think there's ever been such a thing before. Has there?

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1479
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2006, 04:41:37 PM »

Hey, I'm the one who posted Apocalypse Now, so I do like some movies.  A Clock Work Orange is also one of my favorites, but I'm sure there's some one here who doesn't like it.  Oh, and you don't want to get me started on Sin City.

So Apocalypse and Eternal Sunshine were shot down, how about The Big Lebowski?  Haven't heard of too many people who dislike it, and the ones who did wouldn't be members of a Rifftrax forum. 

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2006, 05:07:28 PM »

Shaun of the Dead was brilliant! I've never seen such a perfectly constructed horror/romance/comedy. I don't think there's ever been such a thing before. Has there?

You could probably count "Dead Alive", but that was much more of a farce.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2006, 05:32:50 PM »
Apocalypse No Thank You

You really don't like it? Or are you joking? What's not to like about Apocalypse Now? It's as great as movies can get.

how about The Big Lebowski?

Yep, that's a great movie. The Coen Brothers are fine filmmakers. Or at least they were until Intolerable Cruelty and the Ladykillers remake (don't know if the next one they do will be golden like their earlier work or another turd), but The Big Lebowski has them at the top of their game. 8)

You could probably count "Dead Alive", but that was much more of a farce.

And there's also the fact that "Dead Alive" (Braindead when it was originally released internationally) stunk on ice.
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline mrbakasan

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2006, 05:33:59 PM »
I guess I liked Shaun of the Dead, but I didn't love it.

I nominate They Live, everyone loves They Live.

And I utterly despise Apocolypse Now.

Big thumbs up for Dune though.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 05:45:49 PM by mrbakasan »

Offline starfighter

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2006, 08:33:33 PM »
    Big thumbs up for the mention of "The Incredibles" but it also reminds me to mention two excellent animated films on TCM Sunday night, November 12th.  Brad Bird's "The Iron Giant" and then the saddest anime I've ever seen, the beautifully done "Grave of the Fireflies."  If you've ever missed either of these, set your recorders and check 'em out.

Offline Cibernético II

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Vadinho says: YOU are the Pumaman.
    • My Space
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2006, 09:51:22 PM »
I love the Iron Giant, one of the most glanced over animated movies ever.

Grave of the Fireflies is sickeningly depressing
I really do like pie.

Offline Shinigami

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2006, 10:53:41 AM »
everybody ignored my new suggestions.

come on, is there anybody who doesn't like Princess Bride

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2006, 11:52:57 AM »
Not like The Princess Bride? INCONCEIVABLE!

Offline SaucyRossy

« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2006, 11:58:07 AM »
everybody ignored my new suggestions.

come on, is there anybody who doesn't like Princess Bride

That just isnt possible....speaking of which any one else catch the Princess Bride reference in the SWEP1 rifftrax? Brilliant.

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2006, 01:30:10 PM »

Jessica Alba kept her clothes on

Granted.  That was extremely disappointing.  But other than that, what's not to like about Sin City?
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.