Author Topic: "Authorization Failed - Attempting to download a file that has been deleted..."  (Read 7260 times)

Offline Messianni

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Another question.

After the issue on PayPal's end was solved, I was able to get the download link for the Plan 9 VOD. It started to download, then my internet connection failed. Once it came back up, however, this is now what I get when I attempted to resume the download:

"Download authorization failed: You are attempting to resume the download of a video that has been deleted, moved or truncated from your download directory. "

When I click on Get Video, it just brings me to the Rifftrax homepage. Deleting it from the download list does nothing either after I redownload the .tix file. :\

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 241
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
I regenerated your URL - you should receive it in a new email. Please look for it and try the download again (you'll need to download whatever is still there on your drive).

Offline Messianni

• Disembaudio's Squadio
Yeah, turns out it was just a corrupted file!

Thanks again for your help, you're the best!

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
I downloaded the "Act Your Age" short, and it is corrupted.  I tried to download it again, and I get the above mentioned error.  Can a brother get some help here?  I'm going to go strangle myself now. 
On timeout

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
    • RiffTrax
Can you PM me your transaction ID?

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 2
I decided to watch the Visit to Santa short I downloaded a while back and when I try to watch it I get the "Authorization Failed" message. Please help me Mr. Pizza.  :P

Offline kgagne

• Blue Beer Drinker
    • Showbits
Same problem here.  I'm having trouble watching "Act Your Age" and "A Visit to Santa", both of which I downloaded last month.  They played fine back then, but now then won't.  Attempting to redownload the .tlx file results in this message:

You are attempting to resume the download of a video that has been deleted, moved or truncated from your download directory.  If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact customer service at customerservice@divxcorp.com

I'm running DivX Player 2.1 in Mac OS 10.4.10.  I worried that maybe I incurred a 48-hour rental instead of an outright purchase, but that shouldn't be the case.  Any idea 'sup?

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
    • RiffTrax
You shouldn't need to download the .tix file again, do a search for all files with a .divx extension already on your hard drive. As long as you purchased the video you should be able to watch it anytime.

I should make this more clear on that "watch now" page.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
    • RiffTrax
I decided to watch the Visit to Santa short I downloaded a while back and when I try to watch it I get the "Authorization Failed" message. Please help me Mr. Pizza.  :P

Ford, can you also PM me your transaction ID, if you haven't already?

Offline kgagne

• Blue Beer Drinker
    • Showbits
You shouldn't need to download the .tix file again, do a search for all files with a .divx extension already on your hard drive. As long as you purchased the video you should be able to watch it anytime.

Ah, I found them.  Never noticed that before.  When I had tried clicking "play" in my Download Manager, these files weren't playing -- but double-clicking them in the Finder launches them just fine.

Thanks!

Offline Koriar

• Disembaudio's Squadio
I'm getting the same issue on the "Visit to Santa" Riff. I never managed to download the file originally, and we were looking for something to watch before everyone gets here for a different Rifftrack. I kept getting errors when I tried downloading it but it was only .99 cents, so I wasn't too worried. When I tried to download it on this computer I got the same message as someone above me about trying to download something that was moved deleted or truncated. So... I don't know if you can refresh something or what...

Thanks,
-Koriar

PS: the "get video" thing that comes up referrs to "riiftrax.com" for some reason :p
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 08:53:57 PM by Koriar »

Offline CabbagePatchElvis

• Disembaudio's Squadio
Hi. I had to reformat my hard drive a few weeks after downloading several files.  So when I tried to download them again after the format, I'm presented with the authorization failed error. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

• Mr Bungle
Just download the non-divx version (Mpeg-2) and you won't have to authorize anything.  All the shorts are DRM-Free now, huzzah!
On timeout

Offline CabbagePatchElvis

• Disembaudio's Squadio
Yeah, but what about the movies? I bought Missile to the Moon, and Plan 9.

• Mr Bungle
You should email rifftrax support and they will set you up. 
On timeout