Author Topic: State of The Union Address  (Read 1958 times)

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
Re: State of The Union Address
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 08:35:07 PM »
lol your kidding right, the destroyed everysingle thing he wanted to do the first 6 years of his office. 

She has only been the Speaker of the House since the last election, so I don't know why it would be her fault if the Republicans didn't give him every single thing he wanted when they were in the majority, which they did.
On timeout

Offline Zardoz!

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 09:22:21 PM »
God forbid anyone have an opposing view.

You mean like when I post something and your reply is that retarded "DASS OW ZARDOZ!" shit?
Everyone who believes in justice, racial equality and free speech should support Duane "the Dog" Chapman and boycott anyone who takes action against him.

Offline Zardoz!

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 09:25:17 PM »
Well, I think GWB has shown that conservatives really have one track minds. The economy is tanking, people are losing their jobs and homes at rates not seen since the great depression, or what will, I fear, become known as "the first great depression" and all those scumbags can talk about it "corporate taxcuts".

I think they have corporate taxcut tourette syndrome. Their answer to every issue about working people suffering is a noun, a verb and corporate taxcut.
Everyone who believes in justice, racial equality and free speech should support Duane "the Dog" Chapman and boycott anyone who takes action against him.

Offline Fortis

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
  • I'd just as soon kiss a wookie!
    • Jacob's blog on, life, the universe...everything!
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2008, 11:24:49 PM »
Well, I think GWB has shown that conservatives really have one track minds.

I could easily turn that right around and say that Nancy Pelosi has shown that liberals really have only one track minds. Anything, and I mean anything Bush or any republican that isn't kissing some liberal ass says, liberals oppose. Doesn't matter what it is.

Offline Zardoz!

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 12:44:17 AM »
Well, I think GWB has shown that conservatives really have one track minds.

I could easily turn that right around and say that Nancy Pelosi has shown that liberals really have only one track minds. Anything, and I mean anything Bush or any republican that isn't kissing some liberal ass says, liberals oppose. Doesn't matter what it is.

Sure you could turn what I said around, but the thing is what I said was right and if you turned it around what you would be saying would be wrong.

See, the ONLY solution the goddam republicans have to any economic issue is corporate taxcuts. It's the ONLY thing they know how to do.

Personally i say piss on corporate taxcuts, all they do with the money is use it to send more jobs overseas or hide it in off shore accounts. I say start taxing US corporations for every employee they have in foreign countries like china, and use the money to help the US economy with is being murdered by all the good jobs and the taxes they generated going overseas.

Then put tarrifs and restrictions on chinese imports, using the money to finance careful screening to make sure the stuff they're shipping over here is safe and if it isn't, ship it back.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3114
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 12:57:38 AM »
I'm still waiting for the day when the President (ANY President) walks up to give the state of the union address. says, "Sorry. There's just nothing we can do anymore. You're on your own." and walks off. :^)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 05:06:29 AM »
I watched :"Attack of the Killer Shrews" and three shorts....... so clearly I made the best choice.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2008, 05:28:47 AM »
I'm still waiting for the day when the President (ANY President) walks up to give the state of the union address. says, "Sorry. There's just nothing we can do anymore. You're on your own." and walks off. :^)

Ultimately the state of the union just follows this rubric

State of the Union = Strong
Blah Blah yakity Schmacity
My Party's issue
The other party's issue
My Party's issue
My Party's issue
My Party's issue
The other party's issue
My Party's issue
My Party's issue
Blah blah yakity schmackity

It was the Gov of Kansas who gave the rebuttal Sarc.

Overall I thought both were the crappest they've been for a long time, though mercifully short.

anais.jude

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2008, 05:39:48 AM »
Yes, but what about the state of the rifftrax union. Mike, we need an address! Don't ignore us!

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2008, 07:27:04 AM »
God forbid anyone have an opposing view.

You mean like when I post something and your reply is that retarded "DASS OW ZARDOZ!" shit?
Learn it, love it, live it.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 986
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2008, 09:14:33 AM »
I watched :"Attack of the Killer Shrews" and three shorts....... so clearly I made the best choice.

I watched "Dorm of the Dead."

I chose rather poorly.

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2008, 03:43:43 PM »

Ultimately the state of the union just follows this rubric

Blah Blah yakity Schmacity
My Party's issue
The other party's issue
My Party's issue
My Party's issue
My Party's issue
The other party's issue
My Party's issue
My Party's issue
Blah blah yakity schmackity

It was the Gov of Kansas who gave the rebuttal Sarc.

Overall I thought both were the crappest they've been for a long time, though mercifully short.

:clap:   Well put, Tripe. I wish we'd get a speech where stuff actually gets said, instead of the all the political hot air that says nothing. For the few moments I could stand to watch it, I found myself  hoping against hope that a streaker would run past, just to make it exciting. I thought the rebuttal might be interesting since it had a nicely written intro, but about a minute into it I realized it was the same jibberish as always.

Alternately, the President could walk up to the podium, grin broadly and say,"Well, our country is still here! We're not nuked yet! WAHOO!" and walk off.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2008, 03:44:47 PM »
that wou ld still be a better spech than the last 50 or so.  probably less worrisome too

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2008, 04:11:43 PM »

Alternately, the President could walk up to the podium, grin broadly and say,"Well, our country is still here! We're not nuked yet! WAHOO!" and walk off.

See before the show started I heard Mike Wallace's son say it was going to be "classic Bush" so I was naturally disappointed that he didn't do a few lines before starting, it would have livened it up markedly:

"My fellow Americans, hold on a minute" chop chop chop, snoooooooooort "Hehheheheheh Sheee-it let's get this party started! The State of Our Union is Strong Mommy Humpers whooooo!"

That would have be so much more fun

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2008, 06:07:58 PM »
Winner....and still champion........Mr. Redux!
On timeout