Author Topic: Breaking bad, you watching it?  (Read 87884 times)

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
Re: Breaking bad, you watching it?
« Reply #735 on: September 23, 2013, 09:43:15 AM »
I loved this exchange:

Saul: It's over.
Walt: I told you before, it's not over until I say *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH*
Saul: It's over.  Goodbye Walt.

Offline eegah

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 336
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #736 on: September 23, 2013, 10:37:48 AM »
Ok, here are my probably horribly inaccurate predictions:

The only thing that matters to Walt is his legacy, which consists of:

(1) The chemistry patents that he was involved with at Grey Matter
(2) His meth empire (aka "Heisenberg")
(3) His children

His master plan in the final episode is going to attempt to restore or preserve all of these.

First, he will contact the authorities about the Aryans and Lydia. That's really all it would take to bring those groups down. Then, he will show up for dinner at the Grey Matter guys' house (at gunpoint), put the ricin in the food, and eat with them. He will somehow get them to admit that he was the brains behind the patents, and then will die in a firefight with the authorities (very Scarface-like, even with the huge expensive house).

But I could be way off.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #737 on: September 23, 2013, 11:12:15 AM »
I really hope Todd and Jack and the rest of the Aryan gang all have a happy ending.  I'm really rooting for them.  I'd hate to see anything bad happen to them.

Me too. They seem like really fun guys.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7121
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #738 on: September 23, 2013, 11:16:00 AM »
I really hope Todd and Jack and the rest of the Aryan gang all have a happy ending.  I'm really rooting for them.  I'd hate to see anything bad happen to them.

final scene: meth damon and lydia walking out of a church with everyone throwing rice at them as they leap into a waiting limo and speed off down the highway with a "just married" sign on the back. :)
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #739 on: September 23, 2013, 11:33:01 AM »
I can't see the series ending with Walt just going full rampage.  They've spent way to much time showing him going through personality swings to have it end with him being one dimensional.  I'm looking for a blend of full on crazy rampage, calculated manipulation and trying to do things for others. The old Walt vs Heisenberg and both of their motivations will be on display. 

I'd like to see the Grey Matter thing pay off with an attack on Eliot and Gretchen.  Or you could still keep with his stated goal of trying to protect his family and maybe threaten Gretchen and Eliot and get them to set up a trust fund or something like that for Holly and Jr. An act of violence against someone who never did anything would be the final nail in the coffin of Walt's goodness.

I wouldn't be surprised if Walt figured out that Jesse is a prisoner of Todd and Co. and wants to get revenge on them for not killing Jesse like they promised.  The reports of blue meth being worldwide and the knowledge that Todd could never produce that alone would let him know that Jesse's cooking.  And if Andrea's execution was in the paper he could figure out that Jesse was being held against his will.  An act of vengeance against the crew could also end with saving Jesse when he's sees what they've done to him.   

If he's not getting into a gun fight to help Jesse it could be he's trying to take down the empire that he's now jealous of and then Lydia has to go too.  Maybe he could try to destroy Lydia's empire and damage Grey Matter too.  This could be him trying to knock down both the legal and illegal fortunes that he could have ended up with if he'd made different decisions along the way.

They could literally end this show a hundred different ways and it would still make sense for the story.  I'd love for a Clue scenario where you get three completely different last episodes and every time you play the dvd it randomly picks one. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 11:39:23 AM by Raven »

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #740 on: September 23, 2013, 11:43:08 AM »
They could literally end this show a hundred different ways and it would still make sense for the story.  I'd love for a Clue scenario where you get three completely different last episodes and every time you play the dvd it randomly picks one.

I think I read somewhere that the Complete Series DVD will have at least one alternate ending. I'm like you, I'm hoping there are a few alternate endings, so those who buy the DVD set will be able to choose whatever ending they like best. Clue is one of my Top 5 favorite movies, and I gotta say that I think the best way to watch it is to watch all three of them in a row the way they have it on the original VHS home release, but that DVD function you bring up is a very cool feature.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #741 on: September 23, 2013, 11:49:17 AM »
If I had to make educated guesses, I would make the following on who lives and dies. I don't expect them to be 100% right, because this show always throws us unexpected curves. But the way things are looking right now, here's how it looks like it might turn out from where I sit.

Walt = Dead
Jesse = Alive
Skyler = Tossup
Flynn = Alive
Marie = Alive (if we even see her again)
Jack = Dead
Todd = Tossup
Lydia = Tossup
Saul = Alive (if we even see him again)
And, of course, Gus, Mike, Gale, Jane and Hank = All revived by Phoenix Downs to aid in the battle against Sephiroth.

Even though it doesn't seem like Todd or Lydia could survive the coming rampage, I don't think I would write either of them off just yet.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3596
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #742 on: September 23, 2013, 12:10:09 PM »
The final scene must be Walt in his underwear.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #743 on: September 23, 2013, 01:49:54 PM »
Good quote from this review:

So, who is the man we see at the end of the episode? Not Heisenberg. That sort of bravado can't survive against cancer. It's not Walter White, either. His own son told him to die. Mr. Lambert would have walked back to his cabin, ready for the end. No, the person who walked out of that bar is new. He's the distillation of everything broken and dangerous about the ones who came before him—and he's desperate. If chemistry is the study of change, this is the final stage of the man who turned into a monster, catalyzed by the unexpected return of an old grudge. The only question left is, who will this monster bring down before he falls?
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3596
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #744 on: September 23, 2013, 02:12:15 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/53j4vQ8Un0k" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/53j4vQ8Un0k</a>

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #745 on: September 23, 2013, 03:42:48 PM »
Good quote from this review:

So, who is the man we see at the end of the episode? Not Heisenberg. That sort of bravado can't survive against cancer. It's not Walter White, either. His own son told him to die. Mr. Lambert would have walked back to his cabin, ready for the end. No, the person who walked out of that bar is new. He's the distillation of everything broken and dangerous about the ones who came before him—and he's desperate. If chemistry is the study of change, this is the final stage of the man who turned into a monster, catalyzed by the unexpected return of an old grudge. The only question left is, who will this monster bring down before he falls?

I like to think that Heisenberg died the second he turned back from the gate and said "Maybe tomorrow".

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5881
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #746 on: September 23, 2013, 05:36:23 PM »
You know, maybe Walt's just planning to issue a rebuttal to Gray Matter on Charlie Rose.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7121
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #747 on: September 23, 2013, 05:50:59 PM »
You know, maybe Walt's just planning to issue a rebuttal to Gray Matter on Charlie Rose.

... and the machine gun to subdue PBS security. "you must have one valid ID! two valid IDs! ah ha ha ha!"
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #748 on: September 23, 2013, 06:30:30 PM »

DVD EXTRAS! That would be killer, just sayin.