login

Author Topic: Breaking bad, you watching it?  (Read 87909 times)

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
Re: Breaking bad, you watching it?
« Reply #720 on: September 22, 2013, 08:17:18 PM »
So much for the idea of him returning as a hero.  Didn't see Grey Matter being a trigger like that.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #721 on: September 22, 2013, 08:45:10 PM »
He'll always be a hero to me. :P

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #722 on: September 22, 2013, 08:49:14 PM »
My takeaway...

1. Damn. We'll never see Saul on this show again, will we? That's a shame. If he shows up in the finale it'll be cool, but I'm not crossing my fingers. I think that was a wrap for my favorite character. I wonder if he'll ever get his own show or something...

2. That was messed up what they did to Andrea.

3. There is no way Lydia gets out of this alive.

4. I felt really bad for Walt when we asked the disappearer to stick around for a couple of hours. And then again when Walt Jr. was being a total dick to him.

5. OH JEEZ! SHIT IS GOING DOWN! HEISENBERG IS BACK!

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5881
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #723 on: September 23, 2013, 04:04:21 AM »
Another fantastic episode.  Is it just me or are some of the strongest episodes the third to last of the season:

"Phoenix", "Crawlspace", and now "Ozymandias".  And I'm not saying this wasn't also amazing, but it certainly is less apocalyptic.  Or at least not dramatically so.  This is more like the whimper apocalypse, while the next one is his bang.  I like the turn that Walt isn't going for redemption: just good old fashioned arrogance and pride.  Can't wait to see how it turned out.

At first, I was a little disappointed we finally say the vacuum repair man, but it being Robert Forrester totally makes up for it.  A phenomenal job.

1. Damn. We'll never see Saul on this show again, will we? That's a shame. If he shows up in the finale it'll be cool, but I'm not crossing my fingers. I think that was a wrap for my favorite character. I wonder if he'll ever get his own show or something...

4. I felt really bad for Walt when we asked the disappearer to stick around for a couple of hours. And then again when Walt Jr. was being a total dick to him.

Disappearer is not a word.  Neither is vanisher, but man disappearer sounds ridiculous.  Like how the TV series Unforgettable was originally going to be titled the Rememberer.  But really, you're upset that Flynn is mean to his dad after ruining the lives of him and his mother, leaving behind all sorts of shit for them to deal with and being responsible for the death of Hank?  Sure, I feel bad for Walt in that scene but "dick"?

"Yeah, that Luke Skywalker was a real ungrateful dick to his dad.  He offered him an empire and he just cut off his dad's hand.  And I'm like 'where did that come from'?"

Anyway, yeah I think Saul's gone (or we see him reading a newspaper.  Actually, that should be the last episode: Saul reads the epilogue over his morning coffee.  I don't expect it, but I'm still hoping the Saul spin-off takes place after the series.  The question is, in the event that he returns, how and why.  Yes, it's wishful thinking, but the scenario in which he might return is interesting.

Still, if it's a prequel, then more Huell.

OH SHIT! HE'S STILL IN THE HOTEL ROOM!

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #724 on: September 23, 2013, 04:34:31 AM »
I'm not really clear why Saul ran away.

Offline JP

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #725 on: September 23, 2013, 05:11:51 AM »

Actually, that should be the last episode: Saul reads the epilogue over his morning coffee. 

That would actually be a great ending.  Have him reading the paper while sitting on a bus stop bench.  As he reads the fate of those in New Mexico, he shrugs, stands up, and reveals the advertisement on the bench.  "Leave It To Levi," it says, next to the smiling face of the former Mr. Goodman.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5881
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #726 on: September 23, 2013, 07:24:26 AM »
Of course, he does need a new face and so he decides to alter himself with plastic surgery and finally go full Jew.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #727 on: September 23, 2013, 08:45:24 AM »

Disappearer is not a word.  Neither is vanisher, but man disappearer sounds ridiculous.  Like how the TV series Unforgettable was originally going to be titled the Rememberer.  But really, you're upset that Flynn is mean to his dad after ruining the lives of him and his mother, leaving behind all sorts of shit for them to deal with and being responsible for the death of Hank?  Sure, I feel bad for Walt in that scene but "dick"?

"Yeah, that Luke Skywalker was a real ungrateful dick to his dad.  He offered him an empire and he just cut off his dad's hand.  And I'm like 'where did that come from'?"

1. Tell it to the writers.

Vince Gilligan also uses the phrase in the behinds the scenes video for this episode. Source.

2. Yes. Really.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3596
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #728 on: September 23, 2013, 08:50:52 AM »
It feels like Ozymandius was the finale, and Granite State is an epilogue.

• Big Montana
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #729 on: September 23, 2013, 09:24:01 AM »
I really hope Todd and Jack and the rest of the Aryan gang all have a happy ending.  I'm really rooting for them.  I'd hate to see anything bad happen to them.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #730 on: September 23, 2013, 09:26:23 AM »
It feels like Ozymandius was the finale, and Granite State is an epilogue.

I think Granite State is just the eye of the hurricane, personally.

Also, at first the vacuum cleaner guy didn't bother me. I was relieved he seemed so normal (I have no idea who Robert Forster is so the stunt casting that everyone's talking about was lost on me). But as the episode went on I began to realize just how creepy it all was. Basically, this guy is farming Walt -- this multi-million dollar gift falls in his lap, and he takes Walt to a secret place that no one else will find, keeping him alone in a cabin with no contact with the outside world, only seeing what the vacuum guy allows him to see. And he feeds him and brings him things that will keep him comfortable and in one place, like a veal in a box, and then when Walt dies, that $11 million is all his. Subversive and creepy, but fascinating.

It only makes Walt's offer of ten grand to stay and keep him company all the more pathetic. Evidently in that moment Walt didn't realize that the $11 million was no longer his, that this guy was just playing a waiting game like a spider in a web, waiting for the fly to stop struggling and die. He could offer ten thousand today, tomorrow, or in a month -- it made no difference. Eventually it will all belong to the vacuum cleaner guy.

I'm interested to see if Walt brings any of that money with him. I am not sure how he logically could, but Heisenberg wants ALL of his money, so I don't see him leaving it behind.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #731 on: September 23, 2013, 09:33:08 AM »
Yeah, I think Walt takes that 11 million with him. You're right, he wants ALL his money. He wants EVERYTHING that's been taken from him. You heard what he said to Saul.

• Big Montana
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #732 on: September 23, 2013, 09:35:55 AM »
It really was a master stroke.  It feels like Walt fled from literal prison, but now he's in a metaphorical prison that's probably worse.  Virtually no human contact, cold, isolated from the family he went through all this torture for in the first place, slowly dying.  He has a barrel full of cash, but it's virtually worthless. 

I don't quite understand why the Vanisher guy doesn't just kill Walt and take the money.  He's literally the only other person on Earth who knows Walt is up there.  It's 8 miles away from civilization, and he's show that he's an expert at making people disappear.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #733 on: September 23, 2013, 09:38:26 AM »
Why bother to kill him and have that on his conscience or  Walt's blood on his hands? Walt is clearly at death's door. All the vacuum guy has to do is hang in there until the cancer does its work, and at this point it's a matter of weeks or even days.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

• Big Montana
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #734 on: September 23, 2013, 09:41:36 AM »
Why bother to kill him and have that on his conscience or  Walt's blood on his hands? Walt is clearly at death's door. All the vacuum guy has to do is hang in there until the cancer does its work, and at this point it's a matter of weeks or even days.
He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would worry about the ethical implications.  More pragmatically, I guess it wouldn't be worth the legal risk.

Although on the other hand, he IS harboring America's most wanted fugitive.