login

Author Topic: Breaking bad, you watching it?  (Read 91037 times)

Online RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2502
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: Breaking bad, you watching it?
« Reply #690 on: September 17, 2013, 12:13:19 AM »
Bet you anything Jesse blows up the meth lab during a cook.  Remember the flashback scene at the beginning of Sunday's episode where Walt warns Jesse not to smoke in the RV during their first cook?  The show loves to drop subtle foreshadowing like that, and meth labs are prone to explosions.

I thought that almost immediately when I saw Todd chaining him up in the lab, but then they showed that picture of Brock and Andrea that was obviously a warning.  It might happen, but not until Jesse knows those two are somehow safe.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1777
« Reply #691 on: September 17, 2013, 05:31:10 AM »
I was speechless during this episode. Oddly enough, I miss Gomez the most. I knew Hank was done for as he struggled to reach Gomez' gun and the Aryans quickly closed the distance. The irony of Marie telling Skyler how things were going to play out (wearing black!) , Walt's new low (Jane.) , Walt Jr. protecting his mother. After all that is said and done, it's Todd's demeanor that makes my skin crawl.

Todd is pretty creepy. Really sweet and innocent on the outside, but capable of doing horrible things without feeling bad about it. But the big thing is that he never shows malice. He just goes about the horrible things in his sweet, innocent, disconnected way.  He's turned out to be an interesting character.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3620
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #692 on: September 17, 2013, 06:36:00 AM »
I always thought that all the phones were just poorly made, and they were breaking on accident.

Offline eegah

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 400
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #693 on: September 17, 2013, 07:47:58 AM »
I just realized that Todd saved both Walt and Jesse's lives in this episode. Go Todd!  ;)

Offline eegah

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 400
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #694 on: September 18, 2013, 05:07:24 PM »
The last two episodes will be "extra long" (75 minutes instead of 60):

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/breaking-bad-final-episodes-will-be-extra-long-20130918

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #695 on: September 18, 2013, 05:34:18 PM »
The last episode is titled "Felina", a reference to this song.  I wonder what the significance of that is.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #696 on: September 18, 2013, 07:10:31 PM »
Well, if that is the song it is specifically referencing (and listening to it, that seems very likely), the song is about 2 people who fight over a girl.  The singer kills the rival and then goes on the run, fearing death and justice.  But he needs to return to the girl Felina, facing certain death.  And then he dies with Felina kissing his cheek.  So much of this story covers the season so far:  Felina (Jesse) flirts with a new man (Hank) and there is a fight. The rival dies and the singer flees.  That's where we finished.  So based on the song, it sounds like what we all expected: Walt is coming back for Jesse (presumably also taking the time to spy on loved ones so we can see how they moved on through his eyes, the way the singer looks onto his hometown with longing.  Of course, maybe he's just checking in on them by using the internet or something.  But Walt needs to go back for Jesse and dies, either by the cancer or by whoever he needs to face to save Jesse.  Jesse either forgives Walt or shows him sympathy as he dies (or it twists the end of the song by having a "kiss on the cheek" gets replaced with spitting on his face).

Of course, that's all fairly general.  Can't wait to see the details!  TWO MORE EPISODES!  And you know that the cliffhanger next weeks is going to make you even more crazy than the last one!

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #697 on: September 18, 2013, 09:30:46 PM »
Oh and George RR Martin basically just said "Fuck, we ain't getting an Emmy this year, and rightly so."

http://grrm.livejournal.com/337511.html

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #698 on: September 19, 2013, 04:05:40 AM »
Very interesting about the song! I always knew Jesse was the bottom in that relationship.

George R R Martin's comments on other TV shows are always on point. LOL
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #699 on: September 19, 2013, 04:45:25 AM »
Very interesting about the song! I always knew Jesse was the bottom in that relationship.

How ironic, bitch!

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #700 on: September 19, 2013, 01:52:55 PM »
another theory I've seen is that Felina is just an anagram for Finale.  I'd be disappointed if that's all it is. That's weaksauce.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #701 on: September 19, 2013, 04:23:04 PM »

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #702 on: September 19, 2013, 05:52:55 PM »
another theory I've seen is that Felina is just an anagram for Finale.  I'd be disappointed if that's all it is. That's weaksauce.

Can't it be both?

They have toyed with word play titles before.  The only reason the season 4 episode was called Face Off was because someone joked to Vince Gilligan should use the name because of this...

...and he did.

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #703 on: September 19, 2013, 06:00:32 PM »
it might have a double meaning.  the theme of the song is that a man commits a serious crime, then disappears to evade the consequences.  which is what Walt did.  then he returns to the scene of the crime because he can't help it, and is killed.  which seems to be where this is headed.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #704 on: September 20, 2013, 04:45:57 AM »
Yeah I agree. The song lines up nicely.