Author Topic: Breaking bad, you watching it?  (Read 91966 times)

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
Re: Breaking bad, you watching it?
« Reply #675 on: September 16, 2013, 08:16:26 PM »
I can't use the quote function for some reason so this is what Raven said that I want to reply to:

I'm guessing that the feds somehow get onto the meth crew and they come after the family when they can't find Walt.

This is why I was saying that it's retarded to keep cooking meth when you just got a SEVENTY MILLION DOLLAR PAYDAY.  You cook meth to make money, but you already have more money than you could ever spend, and you can't spend money in prison than buying ramen soup at the commissary ... so why in the Hell would you keep cooking meth?  It's deeply fucking stupid.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #676 on: September 16, 2013, 08:23:11 PM »
I can't use the quote function for some reason so this is what Raven said that I want to reply to:

I'm guessing that the feds somehow get onto the meth crew and they come after the family when they can't find Walt.

This is why I was saying that it's retarded to keep cooking meth when you just got a SEVENTY MILLION DOLLAR PAYDAY.  You cook meth to make money, but you already have more money than you could ever spend, and you can't spend money in prison than buying ramen soup at the commissary ... so why in the Hell would you keep cooking meth?  It's deeply fucking stupid.

There's some trick you gotta adjust in your profile setting. I had the same problem. Let me see if I can remember it...

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #677 on: September 16, 2013, 08:31:36 PM »

There's some trick you gotta adjust in your profile setting. I had the same problem. Let me see if I can remember it...

Okay, I wanna say that you go into Profile: Look at Layout. Go to the options for "Use quick reply on topic display" and choose the "don't show at all" option. That should fix the problem.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #678 on: September 16, 2013, 08:42:30 PM »
Thanks man!
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #679 on: September 16, 2013, 08:52:27 PM »
First of all, maybe the rest of the Aryans moved on, maybe not, but it doesn't mean the business dies.  And for a lot of these characters it isn't just about the money.  It wasn't about the money for Walt near the end.  It was about his empire.  But then his empire became another 9 to 5 job.  He didn't quit because he has all the money.  He quit because he was done.  The money made him realize he doesn't need to work anymore.  He also had ridiculous amounts of money when everyone was willing to sell for 5 million dollars.  He was thinking about billions, but again it's not money for using, it was about pride status and power.  And I think that is something that Todd is interested in.  Or at least he was interested in making Lydia happy, who he clearly cares for.  Logically, the whole business is about making money, but never underestimate greed and pride, especially when you set them against logic.

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #680 on: September 16, 2013, 09:14:26 PM »
I noticed near the end in the last episode Todd was the only guy pulling Jesse out of the pit. Do you think Todd's uncle and the gang left town (they did score almost 70 million dollars) and Todd is starting his own empire? I have a suspicion this whole thing is going to end with Todd on top and everyone else dead or in prison. Any thoughts?

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #681 on: September 16, 2013, 09:17:39 PM »
I noticed near the end in the last episode Todd was the only guy pulling Jesse out of the pit. Do you think Todd's uncle and the gang left town (they did score almost 70 million dollars) and Todd is starting his own empire? I have a suspicion this whole thing is going to end with Todd on top and everyone else dead or in prison. Any thoughts?

Maybe. They brought the operation back to ABQ, so leaving again would be odd from a storytelling standpoint, but it is something interesting to think about going into the last two episodes. Maybe Walt shows up to blow them all away and it's just Jesse and Todd. What then?

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #682 on: September 16, 2013, 09:30:59 PM »
Yeah, it could just be Todd.  He's a surprisingly sentimental guy, so it would surprise me if Jesse is more willing to kill Walt then Todd is during the attack.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 09:32:30 PM by Johnny Unusual »

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #683 on: September 16, 2013, 09:31:54 PM »
I just have a strong suspicion the climax of the show will revolve around Todd.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #684 on: September 16, 2013, 09:38:56 PM »
I just have a strong suspicion the climax of the show will revolve around Todd.

If I had to guess, I would think that at least the next episode would feature him and Lydia heavily, with the finale focusing more on the established characters like Walt, Jesse, Skylar and Saul, but given how grossly wrong I was about this last episode (I figured only Gomez would actually eat it because you GOTTA have Hank in the finale,) I've decided to stop trying to actually predict the show. Sure, I can say what I'd LIKE to see happen, but this show throws us curveballs like you wouldn't believe, especially with Hank's death happening in the third to last episode, so it would be pointless (for me at least,) to try to make predictions.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #685 on: September 16, 2013, 10:22:30 PM »
The call was clearly acting; you could tell by the way he cried and destroyed his phone afterward.

Yeah, but you realize characters break their phones all the time on that show, not out of emotion, but out of necessity.  The characters use prepaid phone that they smash so they can't be traced.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #686 on: September 16, 2013, 10:29:36 PM »
The call was clearly acting; you could tell by the way he cried and destroyed his phone afterward.

Yeah, but you realize characters break their phones all the time on that show, not out of emotion, but out of necessity.  The characters use prepaid phone that they smash so they can't be traced.

Is it just me, or do they crack A LOT of cell phones in half on this show. I wonder how many prop phones they have built to be destroyed in that exact manner episode after episode. Almost all the major players have done it at least once, Walt, Saul, Mike, Gus. It's just one of those continuing motifs, breaking phones that nobody has used in five years in half.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #687 on: September 16, 2013, 10:39:13 PM »
Yes, they break phones because they want to distance themselves from those phones, which they have just said something sensitive on and want to make them untraceable.  Some people have suggested that the characters should be destroying SIM cards, but there's also a possibility that they are using a kind of prepaid cell that doesn't use them.  Now if you mean they all break them the same way, that's because it's the easiest way to break them.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #688 on: September 16, 2013, 10:41:45 PM »
Yes, they break phones because they want to distance themselves from those phones, which they have just said something sensitive on and want to make them untraceable.  Some people have suggested that the characters should be destroying SIM cards, but there's also a possibility that they are using a kind of prepaid cell that doesn't use them.  Now if you mean they all break them the same way, that's because it's the easiest way to break them.

Oh for sure. For some reason its fascinating to me from a production standpoint, I can't explain why. It's odd that something like that strikes me as one of the show's hallmarks.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #689 on: September 16, 2013, 10:58:24 PM »
We'll never again hear him say my favourite catchphrase "Hank, that's French!"