login

Author Topic: Breaking bad, you watching it?  (Read 91830 times)

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3620
  • All joking a salad.
Re: Breaking bad, you watching it?
« Reply #615 on: September 15, 2013, 09:25:24 PM »
My muscles are seriously sore after watching that because I was so tense the whole time.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #616 on: September 15, 2013, 10:21:31 PM »
Is anybody else willing to entertain the POSSIBILITY that when the DEA pull Hank and Gomez out of that hole, that its discovered that Hank is barely, and I mean BARELY alive?

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 847
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #617 on: September 15, 2013, 10:26:31 PM »
Is anybody else willing to entertain the POSSIBILITY that when the DEA pull Hank and Gomez out of that hole, that its discovered that Hank is barely, and I mean BARELY alive?

Pretty sure they filled in the hole. Wasn't there a shot of Walt looking at the spot before he drove off??  Also no one other than those involved know the exact location.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #618 on: September 15, 2013, 10:42:51 PM »
Oh yeah, they totally filled it. But it seems like being buried alive might be something this show COULD do. Not saying it will happen, but it's dark as hell and because its so preposterous that the audience brushes off that it would be possible that it would be a major WTF moment in the history of the series. I'm willing to accept that Hank is more than likely dead and not coming back, but there's still that snowball's chance in hell that he could be BARELY alive down there.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #619 on: September 16, 2013, 12:39:18 AM »
Oh yeah, they totally filled it. But it seems like being buried alive might be something this show COULD do. Not saying it will happen, but it's dark as hell and because its so preposterous that the audience brushes off that it would be possible that it would be a major WTF moment in the history of the series. I'm willing to accept that Hank is more than likely dead and not coming back, but there's still that snowball's chance in hell that he could be BARELY alive down there.

This show has a lot of situations that you don't think a character will be able to get out of, and then find a creative way to do just that.  What it doesn't do is completely lie to you about facts like that.  If Hank were alive, it would completely undo all the good faith that they've built up over the years and completely flush it down the toilet.  And don't forget that Hank has already survived one serious gunshot wound that almost killed him.  That would be giving him super powers on top of having him be the intellectual equal to Walt.  A deliberate, point blank shot and a desert burial in an anonymous location should be enough to alleviate any doubt.  The only thing they didn't do was get out the plastic barrels and the acid.   

That's just from the standpoint of the show as it's own entity.  Separate from the show entirely, on "Talking Bad" the actor who plays Hank said his last scene in the series was the one take, three camera, set up of his execution.  He left the set and got on a plane a few hours later and was gone.  He's 100% dead.

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #620 on: September 16, 2013, 01:58:16 AM »
No, because this is Breaking Bad, not Walking Dead.

Your proposition is seriously one of the most ludicrously desperate things I ever heard...

1) It's been several hours.
2) It's the middle of the desert.
3) The DEA people have no clue where it happened.
4) Even if he'd been buried alive, he'd have died without the assistance of a gunshot.

They'd be lucky if they even found the corpse for his funeral at this rate.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 02:05:39 AM by Thrifty Version II »

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #621 on: September 16, 2013, 02:51:42 AM »

Not a chance, they showed the gun held to his head, the sound of gunfire, and Walt's reaction, not to mention the filled hole. If they did bring him back I would be very disappointed in the shows creators but they won't do that.     

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #622 on: September 16, 2013, 03:19:15 AM »
Sugar Ray Dodge perhaps is confusing Hank with Machete (and even he died pretty definitively in this series).

I finally watched this one.  Holy shit that was powerful stuff.  How utterly heartbreaking is the phone call.  At first I thought that Walt meant it all, but it occurs to me that he figures it would be just easier if he just burned his final bridge to make it easier for his family to move on, perhaps his only truly selfless act since the series began.  Then again he is also so far gone that he has made speeches of that nature in all sincerity and I could totally see him doing that.  This guy is a genius, after all, but he be insanely childish.  What do you think?  I could see it as a moment of ambiguity that people could argue about long after the show was over.

Yeah, it looks like Walt's gonna find out about the blue meth and try to save Jesse, though considering how dark this series is he might not succeed (or he does and Jesse kills him because who wouldn't at this point).  Of course, this could also be a point of ambiguity that is never resolved.  Is he trying to save someone he's wronged so many times, or is he trying to kill the guy who fucked him over and who he blames for everything, because, Walt thinks, "it sure as hell ain't my fault."

I love that we never see the driver, even after someone finally utilizes him.  I like to think it is Vince Gilligan behind the wheel.

Things are happening faster than I expect, which I love.  Rather than waiting for the inevitable beats, it keeps putting characters in situations you have no idea how they'll be able to continue for longer.

I wonder how much, if any, time Skylar has to do?

Also, I'm hoping that the next episode is a general epilogue for the characters so far (I don't know what Walt Jr.'s gonna be up to, bt he sure as Hell ain't calling himself Walt Jr anymotr) and the last one has a pinpoint laser focus on Walt's last plot.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #623 on: September 16, 2013, 04:46:07 AM »
Walt's phone call to Skylar was about completely absolving her of any wrongdoing in the eyes of the law.

Not sure what's going to happen in the flash forward but unless you're Ar-nuld in an 80s action movie, an M-60 is a defensive weapon. You're not attacking anything with that.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #624 on: September 16, 2013, 05:13:07 AM »
Yeah, in retrospect (from 3 hours ago) it seems more obvious to me now that this is the case.  Still, usually the more pessimistic assumption is the correct one in this show.  Can't wait to see how it ends.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7352
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #625 on: September 16, 2013, 06:41:44 AM »
huh.
dF = 0
d*F = J

• Big Montana
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #626 on: September 16, 2013, 07:14:09 AM »
The call was clearly acting; you could tell by the way he cried and destroyed his phone afterward.  The motivation is less clear.  I'm guessing it was to make him seem threatening enough that Skylar could angle for cooperating witness status.  They probably disappear into witness protection; that's why the house is fenced off and defaced.  Or Skylar goes to prison and the kids live with Marie.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #627 on: September 16, 2013, 07:43:15 AM »
Here's a question.  The real answer is "because they need a reason for Jesse to be kept alive."  And that's fine, whatever. 

But, really, if you just got 70 million dollars dropped in your lap why would you need to continue on with the highly illegal, high rate of getting busted and spending the rest of your life in prison act of cooking meth?  Especially since Uncle Hitler was just mocking the others for being greedy.  Dude, you got 70 million dollars!  You make, what, from each cook?  Half a million maybe?  There's so many ways to get busted cooking and transporting meth that I just don't see why its worth the risk at this point.

• Big Montana
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #628 on: September 16, 2013, 08:21:12 AM »
Not sure what's going to happen in the flash forward but unless you're Ar-nuld in an 80s action movie, an M-60 is a defensive weapon. You're not attacking anything with that.

I don't think that most people know enough about firearms to notice a technical detail like that.  All they need for the shot is a weapon that looks scary.

I can't see Walt's actions being motivated by anything but revenge on Jack and his gang.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #629 on: September 16, 2013, 08:28:27 AM »
True. But once he tries to pick it up his back will be all like "LOL"