login

Author Topic: Breaking bad, you watching it?  (Read 91821 times)

Johnny Unusual

Re: Breaking bad, you watching it?
« Reply #600 on: September 12, 2013, 03:24:11 AM »
Friends don't let friends break bad drunk.  Though, in letting them, you are breaking bad.  Kif, we have a conundrum!

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #601 on: September 12, 2013, 09:10:09 AM »
Just to note.  The ricen is the little vile that Walt retrieved from the light socket in his destroyed house in the flash forward earlier in the season so that particular part of that thread will come back at some point soon.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1782
« Reply #602 on: September 12, 2013, 03:06:53 PM »
Better Call Saul, a prequel spinoff series has been green lit. Not sure how I feel about it. There's potential, but there's also potential for it to be awful.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/127728-Physicist-Claims-Limited-Time-Travel-May-be-Possible?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=news

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #603 on: September 12, 2013, 04:59:37 PM »
Just to note.  The ricen is the little vile that Walt retrieved from the light socket in his destroyed house in the flash forward earlier in the season so that particular part of that thread will come back at some point soon.

Yea, Walt had a full head of hair in that and looked a little down on his luck. From the hair we can reasonably suspect he will be off chemotherapy and has beaten cancer again (maybe temporarily), clearly hes not in prison so if there was a prosecution it was unsuccessful, and since hes down on his luck he appears to have lost all the money. Maybe he's picking up the ricen to get back at someone, get his money back or maybe even commit suicide. 

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #604 on: September 12, 2013, 05:11:27 PM »
Of course, he had enough cash to get the expensive assault weapon......

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #605 on: September 12, 2013, 05:30:37 PM »
I don't expect the Saul spinoff to be awful.  I think Breaking Bad does humour very well, and this isn't going to play like a sitcom as much as it's going to play as a dark comedy.  I think Saul has the best chance at a spin-off as any Breaking Bad character.  That said, I would much rather see a Saul series that takes place AFTER Breaking Bad than before.  Of course, that could just be a mislead to disguise Saul's fate.

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #606 on: September 13, 2013, 12:38:09 AM »
I don't expect the Saul spinoff to be awful.  I think Breaking Bad does humour very well, and this isn't going to play like a sitcom as much as it's going to play as a dark comedy.  I think Saul has the best chance at a spin-off as any Breaking Bad character.  That said, I would much rather see a Saul series that takes place AFTER Breaking Bad than before.  Of course, that could just be a mislead to disguise Saul's fate.

I'm actually really glad it's a prequel. I expect the show to end badly for pretty much everyone and, however it ends, spinning it off into a lighter, more comedy based show, after whatever crazy events are coming probably wouldn't work. With it being a prequel, we get to see Saul in better days. Not to mention the potential for seeing Mike, Gus and others again.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #607 on: September 13, 2013, 06:28:26 AM »
Fair enough.  But just because it is a comedy, doesn't mean it's going to be light...

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #608 on: September 13, 2013, 08:47:46 AM »
Fair enough.  But just because it is a comedy, doesn't mean it's going to be light...

Well, I said lighter.  Obviously I'm not expecting it to be a network sitcom or anything.  I just mean that I doubt it will be any where close to the depth and darkness of Breaking Bad, thus it makes more sense for me that it should take place before the events of the show.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #609 on: September 13, 2013, 06:47:37 PM »
I actually am hoping for a bit of depth.  If it's a prequel, we might find that Saul started in a different place then where we see him now.  If it happens after the series, it might actually be a reverse Walter White story: end up becoming involved in a case where he can use his sleazy tactics to help a good person.  Vince Gilligan himself pointed out that as scummy as Saul is, he never tries to disguise who he is, like most of the characters in the show.  Maybe this will allow us to either see us lose his values or gain new ones, and in both cases, see his world thrown into chaos because of it.

Also, please bring back Bill Burr and put David Cross in a recurring role.

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #610 on: September 15, 2013, 06:23:19 PM »
 :'(

That is all.

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #611 on: September 15, 2013, 07:06:31 PM »
...Jesus Christ..

...that went from bad to worse to much worse.

That entire scene in the house was too intense.  Walt tried to do his usual thing--controlling through shouting and pleas of "trust me damnit!"--and it just didn't work this time.  I almost feel sorry for him.

I'm too wound up to sleep.  Poor Jesse.  That is just beyond awful.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 07:17:36 PM by Thrifty Version II »

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #612 on: September 15, 2013, 07:35:39 PM »
WOW! I did NOT think that was gonna happen! Where does the story even go from here? I mean, yeah, Walt comes back to ABQ to cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war, but how are they gonna get there?

Also, I can't NOT root for Walt. I still want him to win.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #613 on: September 15, 2013, 07:50:07 PM »
Looks like Hank is the guest on next weeks Talking Bad.  Wonder if he's getting killed in this shootout.

Guess I called it. 

Is it me or was every single commercial break in the episode a potential cliffhanger for next weeks episode?  I was pausing and watching in between working and I thought the episode was seriously ending with Skylar yelling in the street.   

I don't see any way Jesse hasn't picked something up from Walt that's gonna help him escape unless he's still held captive in the gunfight that's coming.  It's pretty obvious that Todd and Co. are where the shootout is gonna go.   

Loved Walt Jr. saving Skylar.  Only complaint is that the Holly thing got a resolved a little too quickly. 

With Walt taking the new identity option, I wouldn't be surprised if we skip forward instead of picking up right where this episode ended. 

Oh yeah- Did anyone else notice Walt's pants from the Pilot episode sitting on the ground as Walt rolled the barrel?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 08:34:38 PM by Raven »

Offline JP

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #614 on: September 15, 2013, 08:49:08 PM »
I was dead wrong about Hank.