Author Topic: Breaking bad, you watching it?  (Read 88060 times)

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
Re: Breaking bad, you watching it?
« Reply #555 on: September 02, 2013, 04:42:03 AM »
Well, I think "where Walt lives" is his money, but I have no idea how Jesse plans to find it.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7127
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #556 on: September 02, 2013, 07:15:35 AM »
so where's the baby while skylar's at the car wash and walt's running around burying money and gassing up his car?
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #557 on: September 02, 2013, 08:35:01 AM »
so where's the baby while skylar's at the car wash and walt's running around burying money and gassing up his car?
I think they just toss it into the props chest.

Offline lassieface

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
  • Stuff is fun n' stuff!
    • Striped Tea Cup
« Reply #558 on: September 02, 2013, 09:40:30 AM »
Something that Walt seems to care about a great deal is making sure his son doesn't know the truth. Maybe we'll finally get a Jesse/Walt Jr. scene.

Offline JP

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #559 on: September 02, 2013, 10:38:38 AM »
Skylar, WTF?  "What's one more?"  That was pretty chilling coming from her.

Yeah, I've been one of her defenders for a while, but it's hard to say she's much better than Walt at this point.  Even Hank is kind of hard to root for, with his total disregard for Jesse's safety. Pretty much just rooting for Jesse right now.

It's true what you say about Hank, but I don't think his disregard for Jesse's safety is out of character.  He never had much love for the guy, and after everything that has happened between the two, I don't blame Hank (or Jesse).  I'm still rooting for both.

• Big Montana
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #560 on: September 02, 2013, 11:06:03 AM »
Skylar, WTF?  "What's one more?"  That was pretty chilling coming from her.

Yeah, I've been one of her defenders for a while, but it's hard to say she's much better than Walt at this point.  Even Hank is kind of hard to root for, with his total disregard for Jesse's safety. Pretty much just rooting for Jesse right now.
Hank and Jesse never much liked each other, and right now their relationship is one of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" types, which are never very strong.

• Big Montana
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #561 on: September 02, 2013, 11:07:01 AM »
Well, I think "where Walt lives" is his money, but I have no idea how Jesse plans to find it.
Homer: It's time to hit him where he lives!
Bart: You mean his house?
Homer: Exactly.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #562 on: September 02, 2013, 02:32:44 PM »

I think it's been implied that they had daycare at some point, when Walt first quit teaching or something, but lately it seems that every time skyler walks into the house she has Holly meaning that either she gets her from daycare or she's at the carwash with Skyler when she's working.  I'm sure with the limited time you can have a baby shooting they just don't have her visible all that much.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7127
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #563 on: September 02, 2013, 02:37:39 PM »
they should just have marie look after her.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #564 on: September 02, 2013, 03:54:47 PM »
Something that Walt seems to care about a great deal is making sure his son doesn't know the truth. Maybe we'll finally get a Jesse/Walt Jr. scene.

Jesse doesn't seem to be there for any of their interactions so I'm betting that wouldn't really occur to him.  Shadowdog may be right in saying it's his money.  I'm going another way.  Given the destruction we've seen to the house in the flash forwards and his neighbors reaction, Walt's activities have to become somewhat public knowledge and there's nothing stopping Jesse from going public to some degree.   

• Big Montana
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #565 on: September 02, 2013, 05:04:00 PM »

Jesse doesn't seem to be there for any of their interactions so I'm betting that wouldn't really occur to him.  Shadowdog may be right in saying it's his money.  I'm going another way.  Given the destruction we've seen to the house in the flash forwards and his neighbors reaction, Walt's activities have to become somewhat public knowledge and there's nothing stopping Jesse from going public to some degree.
Could be.  Hank is hesitant to bring anything to the U.S. Attorney because he doesn't have very strong evidence..... but you don't need strong evidence to convict someone in the court of public opinion.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5899
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #566 on: September 03, 2013, 02:10:03 AM »
Finally caught up.  It's been great so far.  I like the twist at the end of the most recent episode.  As for Skylar, I don't blame her, though the way she put it was a little dismissive.  To her, Jesse is just some stupid henchman to Walt and an immediate threat to her family.  If someone was coming to kill you and you couldn't go to the cops.  Plus, she knows that killing is a bridge that Walt has crossed already.

But yeah, at this point, while she's not as bad as Walt, she has compromised herself so much that it doesn't seem to matter any more.  There's an endgame and while she doesn't want Walt to die anymore, she wants to get through it.

Hank not giving a damn about Jesse is one thing, but the fact that he'd use his death to finish him is a dark new place, though it is understandable.  Hank is in the kind of dangerous situation that Walt's had to use his brain to get out of countless times, and like Walt, each clever plan comes at the cost of a piece of his humanity.

Money is one guess of "hitting him where it hurts", but I'm curious as to how Jesse plans to find the money.  Or can he think of a way that prevents Walt from finding it (I keep thinking Walt Jr's gonna turn in that lottery ticket and win 25 bucks).

The other thing is his kids.  As far as Jessie has been pushed, it's pretty clear he would never hurt a child, but like someone said, he could tell Walt Jr. the truth, or threaten his family in an attempt to scare him into falling into a trap, just as Walt did to Jessie (remember when Marie going over poison symptoms?  Maybe she knows something that could fake symptoms of Ricin poison.)

So how do people think this is going to end.  My initial theory (and parts still might be true) before this season began, was that he was going to disappear himself and slowly die of cancer somewhere under an assumed name before getting a visit from Jesse.  Another theory I heard that sounds plausible is that Walt is loading up on his guns and ricin in an attempt to save Jesse.  Yeah, he's trying to kill him now, but there is no doubt that Jesse is like a second son, albeit one he has put through the ringer with his selfish actions.

Homer: It's time to hit him where he lives!
Bart: You mean his house?
Homer: Exactly.

And that's when he picks up another can of gas.

• Big Montana
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #568 on: September 05, 2013, 06:32:34 PM »
I really loved Jesse's tearful "He can't keep getting away with it."

It's exactly how I feel.

• Big Montana
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #569 on: September 08, 2013, 07:06:41 PM »
I liked that Walt's plot to lure Jesse out failed immediately.  It's a nice change of pace after so many years of everything working out perfectly.

Did anyone else see the ending confrontation coming a mile away?  What the Hell were Hank and Gomez thinking?  They were outmatched 2 to 1.

So tired of all these cliffhangers.

Best case scenario, the badguys spring Walt, leave the others out in the desert.  Walt becomes a fugitive.  It can't happen that Hank, Jesse, and Steve all die, and the evidence they collected is destroyed.  The flash forward clearly shows that Walt's secret is out.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 07:12:02 PM by Thrifty Version II »