login

Author Topic: Breaking bad, you watching it?  (Read 91916 times)

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
Re: Breaking bad, you watching it?
« Reply #465 on: June 21, 2013, 02:21:50 PM »
I started watching those but had to stop because the disk I was watching on was scratched so bad it wouldn't play.  I think I'm on the season Glenn Close was on but it's been a while so I don't really remember. I really liked it so far.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #466 on: June 21, 2013, 02:52:11 PM »
When the Shield came out, I refused to watch it because it was the guy from Commish.  Now I don't see him like that, so I should check it out.

Have you guys seen that show with the doofy dad from Malcolm in the Middle playing a science teacher turned meth kingpin?  I hear it's really dark.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #467 on: June 22, 2013, 04:25:51 AM »
LOL I hated Malcom In The Middle so I had no respect for the father as an actor. Boy did he prove me wrong!
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #468 on: June 22, 2013, 05:13:51 AM »
LOL I hated Malcom In The Middle so I had no respect for the father as an actor. Boy did he prove me wrong!

Kinda makes one wonder who else is out there that is just waiting for their shot, doesn't it?

I am amazed he was given this role, especially with how everyone assumed he would be. 

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #469 on: June 22, 2013, 06:02:40 AM »
Well the concept behind the show was something like "watching Mickey Mouse turn into Scarface" so I guess the dad from Malcolm in the Middle makes complete sense as a starting point.

Offline eegah

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 436
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #470 on: June 22, 2013, 09:59:24 AM »
Well the concept behind the show was something like "watching Mickey Mouse Mr. Chips turn into Scarface" so I guess the dad from Malcolm in the Middle makes complete sense as a starting point.

FTFY

Vince Gilligan sold Bryan Cranston to the producers using his performance in the X-files episode where he played a racist who you were supposed to sympathize with.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #471 on: June 22, 2013, 11:24:21 PM »
Given Vince's X-Files background, that makes perfect sense
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #472 on: June 23, 2013, 01:38:48 AM »
FTFY

Vince Gilligan sold Bryan Cranston to the producers using his performance in the X-files episode where he played a racist who you were supposed to sympathize with.

I heard the quote second hand on the radio one day and I know that the DJ said Mickey Mouse.  His bad, not mine.  Mr. Chips makes more sense.  lol

Side note- Mr. Chips makes me think Erik Estrada
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 01:42:18 AM by Raven »

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #473 on: July 03, 2013, 05:16:06 PM »
OK, I'm averting eyes to avoid spoilers, but this NEEDS to be posted.

Saul Goodman.  The TV show.  They are working on it:

From the AV Club
After  more than a year of hearing that a Saul Goodman-centered Breaking Bad spinoff was being “eyed,” “explored,” and “mulled,” Vince Gilligan has upgraded the project's condition to “full speed ahead,” which is funny because meth. Still, behind the increasingly delightful wordplay, there’s still not much in the way of concrete decisions: “It's not a done deal yet, but it's definitely something we're full speed ahead on trying to get going,” Gilligan tells The Wrap, noting once again that he and Breaking Bad producer (and Saul creator) Peter Gould are still “plugging away” on a concept they can pitch to Sony, with the hope it would then develop as a series with Gould as showrunner. Included in that plugging away, as always, is deciding what exactly this show wants to be. As Gilligan says:

"There's a way to make it a half-hour show and make it a little more—I don’t want to say sitcom-y, but a little more traditionally half-hour comedic. Or there's a way to do it where it fits more snuggly in with the Breaking Bad universe, in which it's an hour-long show. As you can imagine with Saul Goodman as a character, a show like that would have to have plenty of humor to it. But also because he works for some pretty scary clientele sometimes, there'd be a bit of drama in it as well.
We're trying to nail that down. As of yet, we haven't completely figured that out ourselves."

There’s also the small matter of figuring out whether this series will be a prequel or sequel—a decision that could potentially mean bringing back actors from past seasons, like Giancarlo Esposito, and a decision that can only be officially made public once Breaking Bad ends. “I have to be coy as to whether it even could be a sequel. Because you never know, when the dust settles at the end of our final eight episodes, where everybody's gonna be and who's gonna be left standing,” Gilligan says, even though everyone already knows the last Breaking Bad episode will see Saul opening a gift shop with Blair and Tootie and adopting Mackenzie Astin, and boom, there's your show.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 847
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #474 on: July 24, 2013, 11:16:33 PM »
I just did a marathon of all the seasons this past month. Just finished season 5!! Can't wait for the premiere on 8/11. On 8/12 there is going to be a Breaking Bad mythbusters episode!! It looks fun!
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #475 on: July 25, 2013, 05:51:57 AM »
I just did a marathon of all the seasons this past month. Just finished season 5!! Can't wait for the premiere on 8/11. On 8/12 there is going to be a Breaking Bad mythbusters episode!! It looks fun!

I did the same thing.  Can't wait to see how Hank starts out the season.

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #476 on: July 25, 2013, 08:21:00 AM »
I'm also wondering how Hank is gonna start connecting the dots.  He thought he had this whole blue meth case cracked back when he had Jesse cornered in the RV in that junkyard, but then he was distracted by the fake cell phone call informing him that his wife Marie had been in a serious car accident.  Ever since then, Hank has to have been wondering how a low down thug like Jesse could have access to his personal cell phone and known his wife's name.  Maybe this will help him make that connection and he'll go after Jesse again.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #477 on: July 25, 2013, 07:21:24 PM »
I'm also wondering how Hank is gonna start connecting the dots.  He thought he had this whole blue meth case cracked back when he had Jesse cornered in the RV in that junkyard, but then he was distracted by the fake cell phone call informing him that his wife Marie had been in a serious car accident.  Ever since then, Hank has to have been wondering how a low down thug like Jesse could have access to his personal cell phone and known his wife's name.  Maybe this will help him make that connection and he'll go after Jesse again.

My absolute favorite thing about how they ended the last season was that Walt was out of the business.   There's no way Hank can do anything to catch Walt red-handed.  Since they've also established that Hank is willing to ignore the law for Marie's shoplifting that just adds another interesting layer to how it's going to go.

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #478 on: July 25, 2013, 07:43:44 PM »
Marie's shoplifting is a minor misdemeanor.  Walt's activities are a series of serious felonies that Hank has made a career out of stopping.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #479 on: July 25, 2013, 07:55:11 PM »
Marie's shoplifting is a minor misdemeanor.  Walt's activities are a series of serious felonies that Hank has made a career out of stopping.

Since it was habitual shoplifting I wouldn't say it was minor, especially the tiara as case in point.  They never said an actual dollar amount for it but if it was from a jeweler and given Skylar's reaction to how over the top it was I bet that approached felony theft.  And I'm betting Hanks dedication to family doesn't make it as cut and dry as you'd think.  I'm not saying it's a major factor in how the story is going to unfold but I'd be surpised if it wasn't at least brought up.