login

Author Topic: Breaking bad, you watching it?  (Read 92297 times)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
Re: Breaking bad, you watching it?
« Reply #390 on: September 04, 2012, 07:26:14 PM »
A good 75% of writing is getting from where you are to where you want to be, usually by working backwards.  "Okay, so Davie needs to know sign language for this reveal to work ... Hmmm ... let's give him a deaf brother, that's the ticket!"

The writers of Monk explained this was how they wrote pretty much every episode.

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #391 on: September 04, 2012, 08:39:18 PM »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #392 on: September 05, 2012, 07:04:16 AM »
I just remembered that Walt's drug money paid for Hank's recovery.  The very second Hank busts Walt, his career is FUCKED.  They set that up nicely by having Hank's previous boss get fired for being the same kinda dumbass.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #393 on: September 05, 2012, 07:08:48 AM »
I just remembered that Walt's drug money paid for Hank's recovery.  The very second Hank busts Walt, his career is FUCKED.  They set that up nicely by having Hank's previous boss get fired for being the same kinda dumbass.
Hank's last boss got the shaft big time.  I could tell they were setting up to have a "Hank arrests Walt, Hank is fired" scenario.  They also set that up early third season, when Saul was explaining to Walt why Skylar wouldn't call the cops.

Still, after the prison massacres, Hank might be relieved.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3620
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #394 on: September 05, 2012, 08:01:03 AM »
No no no......
Hank is going to realize the financial opportunities, and insist on running Walt's security.  Walt will say that he retired, but Hank is going to force him back into it.  Hank's overzealous police work was really just jealousy of the New Mexico drug trade.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #395 on: September 05, 2012, 08:10:32 AM »
Man, anything can happen.

Offline lassieface

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
  • Stuff is fun n' stuff!
    • Striped Tea Cup
« Reply #396 on: September 05, 2012, 09:56:03 AM »

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #397 on: September 05, 2012, 10:15:06 AM »
No no no......
Hank is going to realize the financial opportunities, and insist on running Walt's security.  Walt will say that he retired, but Hank is going to force him back into it.  Hank's overzealous police work was really just jealousy of the New Mexico drug trade.
Hank is not going to join the meth business.  Hank is a dedicated, skilled, honest law man above all else.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3620
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #398 on: September 05, 2012, 10:18:15 AM »
No no no......
Hank is not going to join the meth business.  Hank is a dedicated, skilled, honest law man above all else.
Nope.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #399 on: September 05, 2012, 10:20:16 AM »
No no no......
Nope.
Good retort!

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #400 on: September 05, 2012, 10:24:00 AM »
Why would the kids become wards of the state?  Walt Jr. is almost 18 anyway.  Him and the baby can stay with Hank and Marie.  It's absurd to think that any attempt to pin Fring's murder on Hank would work.  They already know that he was killed by the bomb hidden in Salamenca's wheelchair.  If an accusation like that was gonna be made, it would have happened already.  The worst Hank would have to worry about is his career.

God damnit. 10 fucking months we gotta wait?

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #401 on: September 05, 2012, 04:55:12 PM »
Why would the kids become wards of the state?  Walt Jr. is almost 18 anyway.  Him and the baby can stay with Hank and Marie.  It's absurd to think that any attempt to pin Fring's murder on Hank would work.  They already know that he was killed by the bomb hidden in Salamenca's wheelchair.  If an accusation like that was gonna be made, it would have happened already.  The worst Hank would have to worry about is his career.

The accusation hasn't been made yet because Hank has never turned in his own brother in law before.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #402 on: September 05, 2012, 05:28:25 PM »

The accusation hasn't been made yet because Hank has never turned in his own brother in law before.
How would that make any difference?

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7358
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #403 on: September 07, 2012, 03:29:00 AM »
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/photoshop-phriday/breaking-bad-starwars.php

i'd post a few, but somethingawful's hot-linking image replacement is probably still active.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7358
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #404 on: September 08, 2012, 06:50:34 AM »
I'm usually not a fan of such things, but the only way that scene could have ended better was with a *plop* *plop* sound.

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/the-explosive-breaking-bad-alternate-ending-you-didnt-see/
dF = 0
d*F = J