login

Author Topic: Breaking bad, you watching it?  (Read 86403 times)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
Re: Breaking bad, you watching it?
« Reply #285 on: July 25, 2012, 07:45:32 AM »
I had actual nightmares about Walt.  Like I was part of his operation and he was about to kill me for stepping out of line.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #286 on: July 25, 2012, 09:22:39 AM »
Yeah, the transition to full-on psycho drug lord is complete. That's pretty much where any sympathy goes right out the window, for me at least. That shit with the kissing and the "nothing's more important than family" mantra scene wrapped it up. The guy is a monster.

So, with big international investigation underway, it looks like they might actually just gloss over that whole truck magnet thing.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #287 on: July 25, 2012, 09:43:44 AM »
So, with big international investigation underway, it looks like they might actually just gloss over that whole truck magnet thing.

Maybe, maybe not.  After Combo got killed midway through season 2, I didn't think that would ever come up again.  Then Jesse inadvertently starts dating the older sister of the shooter, then later still someone poisons her son.  This show seems to have a tradition of introducing things, seemingly abandoning them, then coming back to them when you least expect them.  Let's not forget that Hank has already had a confrontation with the owner of the junk yard, and won't be so easily distracted if he has another.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #288 on: July 26, 2012, 10:29:45 PM »
Irish Sweep!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #289 on: July 26, 2012, 10:35:07 PM »
That scene with Mike and Lidia honestly scared me.  It's amazing that they can introduce a new character then build sympathy so quickly that her impending possible death creates that kind of tension.

"Nobody's going to find you, Lydia" Fucking shivers, despite the fact that I knew a line like that was coming. And her reaction was so good.  Such a great scene.

Does anybody have ANY sympathy for Walt left at this point?  Between the creepy "I forgive you." last week and that disgusting scene at the end of this episode and the scene where he's consoling Jessie, I'm just so ready for this manipulative piece of shit to get what's coming to him. I think I've officially gone from just not liking him to actively hating him over the past two episodes.

One thing I've noticed about Walt's behavior is that he's a big badass with people when he can get away with it, like with Saul; but, when around people who won't tolerate it, like Mike or Skyler, he doesn't even try to pull that shit.

There's a word for someone who behaves like that: Bully.

And, as evidenced by the season premiere, it's now clear that what Walt is is a goddamned supervillain.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2053
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #290 on: July 28, 2012, 03:33:08 PM »
Fuuuuck!  I just watched season 2 episode 12.  Damn, thats a good way to get someone off of heroine.  If something like that happens and doesnt get you to rethink your life, nothing will.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7032
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #291 on: July 28, 2012, 04:46:44 PM »
Fuuuuck!  I just watched season 2 episode 12.  Damn, thats a good way to get someone off of heroine.  If something like that happens and doesnt get you to rethink your life, nothing will.

yeah, i hate it when women get all "i'm the lead character in this story"!
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #292 on: July 28, 2012, 04:54:56 PM »
You can take your fancy dictionary and shove it directly up your elitist ass!

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #293 on: July 29, 2012, 02:53:35 AM »
Cranston threw an F bomb at the car wash owner!  They can do that on AMC??

They're allowed one, and ONLY one, per season.  So from Season Two on they've used them at crucial moments.  I won't spoil you but the one use in Season Four was at a particularly crucial character moment between two important characters.  I don't remember where it happened the previous two seasons.

I'm curious since Season 5 is being broken up between years and they even shot them separately (they haven't even started shooting the back 8 yet) if this means they get one fuck per 8 episodes, or if that's just one fuck for the whole Season.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #294 on: July 29, 2012, 11:17:24 AM »
Hank is a fuckin badass!

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #295 on: July 29, 2012, 07:30:26 PM »
I was just thinking how it's been a while since we saw Badger and Skinny Pete.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #296 on: July 29, 2012, 07:45:00 PM »
I was just thinking how it's been a while since we saw Badger and Skinny Pete.

Me too!

I worry about seeing them.   Mike will watch them closely......

Offline lassieface

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
  • Stuff is fun n' stuff!
    • Striped Tea Cup
« Reply #297 on: July 29, 2012, 10:14:40 PM »
That was such a great ending. I think that's the first time Jesse is considering that Mike might be right about Walt.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7032
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #298 on: July 30, 2012, 12:06:49 PM »
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #299 on: July 30, 2012, 12:08:41 PM »
I like the way Skyler is cracking under the stress.  This is building to something big, I can tell.  Will she crack and spill the beans to Hank?  Is that why Walt was using a fake name in the opening of the season?  They've established that his 51st birthday is coming up soon, so that opening is only 1 year in the future.