login

Author Topic: Breaking bad, you watching it?  (Read 86388 times)

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
Re: Breaking bad, you watching it?
« Reply #270 on: July 22, 2012, 05:15:55 PM »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm sure it will come up sooner or later.  One thing this show doesn't do is leave loose ends.

I guess what I'm saying is it's not a "later" thing. It's an immediate, "right now" thing that determines whether or not they're going to believe they're in the clear.

VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #271 on: July 22, 2012, 05:17:17 PM »
Cranston threw an F bomb at the car wash owner!  They can do that on AMC??

VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2053
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #272 on: July 22, 2012, 05:19:58 PM »
Yeah, that's the one.  To be fair, his eyebrows did look really fucked up.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #273 on: July 22, 2012, 05:38:03 PM »
Wasn't there nudity on the first episode?

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #274 on: July 22, 2012, 05:39:40 PM »
Nothing on screen.  There was some implied lovin going on though.  I think its kind of awesome that Walt drives a PoS Pontiac Aztek.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #275 on: July 22, 2012, 05:57:16 PM »
You are lucky starting this.

It will grow greatly on you.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #276 on: July 22, 2012, 06:04:07 PM »
I like Hank a lot, he's pretty rough around the edges but it seems like his heart is in the right place.

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
« Reply #277 on: July 22, 2012, 06:22:25 PM »
Wasn't there nudity on the first episode?
Briefly, yes. And again in another season.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #278 on: July 22, 2012, 07:52:26 PM »
I love mike...

Offline eegah

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 300
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #279 on: July 22, 2012, 08:10:26 PM »
Irish Sweep!

« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:53:13 PM by eegah »

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #280 on: July 24, 2012, 06:52:47 PM »
That scene with Mike and Lidia honestly scared me.  It's amazing that they can introduce a new character then build sympathy so quickly that her impending possible death creates that kind of tension.

I can't wait for Hank to find out about Walt.  The scene with Hank's boss lamenting the fact that he was close friends with Gus and never realized Gus's darker side was great dramatic irony.

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #281 on: July 24, 2012, 07:20:29 PM »
That scene with Mike and Lidia honestly scared me.  It's amazing that they can introduce a new character then build sympathy so quickly that her impending possible death creates that kind of tension.

"Nobody's going to find you, Lydia" Fucking shivers, despite the fact that I knew a line like that was coming. And her reaction was so good.  Such a great scene.

Does anybody have ANY sympathy for Walt left at this point?  Between the creepy "I forgive you." last week and that disgusting scene at the end of this episode and the scene where he's consoling Jessie, I'm just so ready for this manipulative piece of shit to get what's coming to him. I think I've officially gone from just not liking him to actively hating him over the past two episodes.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #282 on: July 25, 2012, 03:26:12 AM »

"Nobody's going to find you, Lydia" Fucking shivers, despite the fact that I knew a line like that was coming. And her reaction was so good.  Such a great scene.

Does anybody have ANY sympathy for Walt left at this point?  Between the creepy "I forgive you." last week and that disgusting scene at the end of this episode and the scene where he's consoling Jessie, I'm just so ready for this manipulative piece of shit to get what's coming to him. I think I've officially gone from just not liking him to actively hating him over the past two episodes.
Not me.  Not a shred.  I don't think we're supposed to any more.  Show runner Vince Gilligan said that over the course of the show Walt was supposed to go from ordinary guy to drug lord (or from Mr. Chips to Scarface).  He's about 85% of the way there now.  Nobody feels sympathy for Scarface.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #283 on: July 25, 2012, 05:24:44 AM »
I love what's going on and I cannot wait to see what all is going to happen next.  It could be ANYTHING right now......good and bad and unknown.

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #284 on: July 25, 2012, 06:56:28 AM »

Not me.  Not a shred.  I don't think we're supposed to any more.  Show runner Vince Gilligan said that over the course of the show Walt was supposed to go from ordinary guy to drug lord (or from Mr. Chips to Scarface).  He's about 85% of the way there now.  Nobody feels sympathy for Scarface.

Well, we've already seen him buying his "little friend". I just can't wait to see how it ends. The year long wait between season halves is going to be absolutely unbearable. At least this half ends right around the time that the fall tv season starts, so there'll be plenty of stuff to pass the time with, and some of it may even be good, but nothing can compare to this show.