Author Topic: Breaking bad, you watching it?  (Read 87961 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: Breaking bad, you watching it?
« Reply #150 on: September 26, 2011, 08:50:39 AM »
I have no idea what Walt has up his sleeve......but I bet it is clever.

And Gus asking Walt "what did you say?!" when they were in the desert was one scary sight.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3596
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #151 on: September 26, 2011, 08:57:57 AM »
It seems like Gus is giving Walt an out, and he's not taking it.  Is it just because of Hank?  Gus said that he would resolve the issue with Hank, but I doubt that means killing Hank.  If he killed Hank that would just draw unwanted attention to what Hank was investigating, and instead of a lone agent looking at Gus, it would be the entire DEA office. 

Gus is very fortunate to have an "inside guy" with Walt, but he's not using it.  If Walt and Gus would only establish a better communication, Gus could know of every move that Hank makes, be able to counter, and clear his name.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #152 on: September 26, 2011, 09:01:52 AM »

I don't think he has anything up his sleeve.  That's why he was having a nervous breakdown and laughing like a maniac in the crawl space.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #153 on: September 26, 2011, 09:44:31 AM »

I don't think he has anything up his sleeve.  That's why he was having a nervous breakdown and laughing like a maniac in the crawl space.

I am guessing he had a moment of clarity there when he stopped his break down.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #154 on: September 26, 2011, 10:43:32 AM »
It seems like Gus is giving Walt an out, and he's not taking it.  Is it just because of Hank?  Gus said that he would resolve the issue with Hank, but I doubt that means killing Hank.  If he killed Hank that would just draw unwanted attention to what Hank was investigating, and instead of a lone agent looking at Gus, it would be the entire DEA office. 

Gus is very fortunate to have an "inside guy" with Walt, but he's not using it.  If Walt and Gus would only establish a better communication, Gus could know of every move that Hank makes, be able to counter, and clear his name.

What out did Gus give Walt?  He clearly only stopped at firing Walt (instead of killing him) because Jesse wouldn't cook for him if Gus has Walt killed.  It was more of a begrudgingly given stay of execution.  It's clear that Gus is confident Jesse will eventually stop caring and he can move forward with the execution.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3596
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #155 on: September 26, 2011, 11:10:08 AM »

What out did Gus give Walt?  He clearly only stopped at firing Walt (instead of killing him) because Jesse wouldn't cook for him if Gus has Walt killed.  It was more of a begrudgingly given stay of execution.  It's clear that Gus is confident Jesse will eventually stop caring and he can move forward with the execution.

I don't think that Gus is that heartless.  Despite the box cutter, I think he only kills when it's necessary.

spaceforarent

« Reply #156 on: September 26, 2011, 03:23:24 PM »

I don't think that Gus is that heartless.  Despite the box cutter, I think he only kills when it's necessary.
Yet he said he would kill Walt's entire family, even an infant, if he interfered with Hank. That would be totally unnecessary. In fact, Walt pretty much did him a huge favor with the cartel lie, now Hank can't continue investigating and his death won't draw attention to Gus.
There's still two Chekhov guns that have been introduced and not used, one actually being the gun Walt bought and the other being the Ricin. Wonder if/how they are used.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #157 on: September 26, 2011, 03:25:22 PM »
My guess is Ricin is somehow used the the series finale next year.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #158 on: September 26, 2011, 04:35:35 PM »
My guess is Ricin is somehow used the the series finale next year.
Maybe someone will actually consume some.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #159 on: September 26, 2011, 04:39:10 PM »

Yet he said he would kill Walt's entire family, even an infant, if he interfered with Hank. That would be totally unnecessary. In fact, Walt pretty much did him a huge favor with the cartel lie, now Hank can't continue investigating and his death won't draw attention to Gus.
There's still two Chekhov guns that have been introduced and not used, one actually being the gun Walt bought and the other being the Ricin. Wonder if/how they are used.
Except Gus killed the head of the cartel and several of his lieutenants.  The DEA is bound to find that out soon (about them being dead, not about Gus being responsible), and will find something fishy about the anonymous tip that Saul called in.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #160 on: October 03, 2011, 01:05:48 AM »
Holy shit. I can't breathe.

Seriously, this show is gonna give me a fucking panic attack!
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #161 on: October 03, 2011, 07:20:00 AM »
Looks like somebody finally used ricin.

I was on to Gus's ploy the second Andrea mentioned Brock was showing flu-like symptoms.  Gus is a mad genius.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #162 on: October 03, 2011, 11:57:00 AM »
I can't remember an episode of any show that featured that many palpably-intense moments. The spinning hospital scene; the Jesse/Walt showdown; the parking garage. Jesus, I was a total wreck after watching this. I can't even imagine what's gonna go down in the finale. Well, I can imagine, but whatever happens, you know it's gonna be off-the-charts intense.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 12:03:17 PM by D.B. Barnes »

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #163 on: October 03, 2011, 12:49:52 PM »
I can't remember an episode of any show that featured that many palpably-intense moments. The spinning hospital scene; the Jesse/Walt showdown; the parking garage. Jesus, I was a total wreck after watching this. I can't even imagine what's gonna go down in the finale. Well, I can imagine, but whatever happens, you know it's gonna be off-the-charts intense.

I would say that there's no way they can top this week, but I say that every week and am constantly proven wrong.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #164 on: October 03, 2011, 12:53:21 PM »

I would say that there's no way they can top this week, but I say that every week and am constantly proven wrong.

Absolutely. I was so floored at the end of episode 11 and yet I was twitching at the end of this last episode. Like Bob said, it really had a finale feeling, albeit a huge cliffhanger finale.

This is television at its highest form.