login

Author Topic: Breaking bad, you watching it?  (Read 88173 times)

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3596
  • All joking a salad.
Re: Breaking bad, you watching it?
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2011, 11:49:42 AM »
If you have to go to all the hassle of owning a business that can appear to make as much as you made illegally, why not just do things legally?  I've never understood why career criminals do what they do.  It seems like too much work and too much stress.  I'll take my legit office job that let's me make dumb comments on internet forums.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2011, 12:00:01 PM »

Kete, you and I would make awful criminals.

:)

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2011, 01:01:18 PM »
If you have to go to all the hassle of owning a business that can appear to make as much as you made illegally, why not just do things legally?  I've never understood why career criminals do what they do.  It seems like too much work and too much stress.  I'll take my legit office job that let's me make dumb comments on internet forums.

Because it's only appearing to make money.  Gus isn't actually making 90 million a year through his shell companies.  He'd likely make much less, and have to know something about running those businesses.  As is, he just needs to know how to lie.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2011, 01:05:18 PM »
Also, I guess Skylar was thinking the same thing I was about the car wash money laundering scheme.

How so exactly? I was surprised they hadn't talked about how much he brings in annually prior to the car-wash acquisition. That was more than just a tad bit short-sighted.  

She was thinking about how it would be implausible for a car wash to take in 7.5 million dollars a year.

So, what does the cartel want w/ Walt exactly?

Hmm?  They seem more interested in Gus, and getting back at him for that stunt he pulled turning the DEA against them last season.  The only interest they ever had in Walt was Tuco's cousins killing him.  I'm not getting any notion that this has anything to do with Walt.  The only peron after him would be Gus.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2011, 01:38:16 PM »
So, what does the cartel want w/ Walt exactly?

Hmm?  They seem more interested in Gus, and getting back at him for that stunt he pulled turning the DEA against them last season.  The only interest they ever had in Walt was Tuco's cousins killing him.  I'm not getting any notion that this has anything to do with Walt.  The only peron after him would be Gus.

Yeah, you're probably right. If they wanted Walt, they could just grab him.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2011, 01:57:14 PM »

Kete, you and I would make awful criminals.

:)

And poor sociopaths.   Fortunately, that is NOT a problem for me........

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2011, 09:34:48 AM »

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2011, 01:58:20 PM »
I liked Skylar's blonde bimbo ploy to get Ted off the hook with the IRS.  It looks like she's thinking of paying the IRS with Walt's drug money too.  Walt would be furious if he found out.

How badass was that shootout at the processing plant, with Gus walking right into the hail of bullets?

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3596
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #113 on: September 12, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »
I really hate it when Walt talks down to Jesse.  I'm bothered that he doesn't remember that Jesse killed Gale for him.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #114 on: September 12, 2011, 02:17:57 PM »
I really hate it when Walt talks down to Jesse.  I'm bothered that he doesn't remember that Jesse killed Gale for him.

Me too.  That's why it was nice to see Walt get beat up for a change.

spaceforarent

« Reply #115 on: September 12, 2011, 03:13:47 PM »
They were going to kill Jesse too. He killed Gale for both of them. Walt killed two people for Jesse last season. Sure they were guilty while Gale had really done nothing wrong but he still basically saved Jesse's life.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #116 on: September 12, 2011, 04:11:59 PM »
Gus in real life would scare the crap out of me.

I just KNOW that Gus is not going to give in to the cartels..... he has something up his sociopath sleeves.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2011, 04:39:44 PM »
They were going to kill Jesse too. He killed Gale for both of them. Walt killed two people for Jesse last season. Sure they were guilty while Gale had really done nothing wrong but he still basically saved Jesse's life.
Jesse's life never would have been in danger and they wouldn't have had to kill Gale if Walt had just made the ricin when Jesse asked.

So are you guys thinking what I'm thinking in regards to Skylar's subplot?  That she's going to front Ted the money he owes the IRS, then he repays her, thus laundering about 800 grand through Beneke's company?  How is she going to explain that money?  Maybe cook the books so it looks like the money came from within the company?  But then the money never comes back to her.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2011, 05:15:28 PM »
Jesse's life never would have been in danger and they wouldn't have had to kill Gale if Walt had just made the ricin when Jesse asked.

So are you guys thinking what I'm thinking in regards to Skylar's subplot?  That she's going to front Ted the money he owes the IRS, then he repays her, thus laundering about 800 grand through Beneke's company?  How is she going to explain that money?  Maybe cook the books so it looks like the money came from within the company?  But then the money never comes back to her.

Yup!

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 50
« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2011, 05:46:49 PM »

This will answer your question:

http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/videos/breaking-bad-sneak-peek-episode-410-salud

(Scene from next episode)