Author Topic: Breaking bad, you watching it?  (Read 90726 times)

Offline The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5320
Re: Breaking bad, you watching it?
« Reply #840 on: September 30, 2013, 07:13:23 AM »

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #841 on: September 30, 2013, 07:17:04 AM »
Why are the special features for the Incredible Hulk?

Also, watched the end and the part with the Shwartzes again.  So good!

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #842 on: September 30, 2013, 07:49:01 AM »
Walt's a chemical genius and a criminal mastermind ... I didn't need the show to take me by the hand and explain how Walt re-sealed that sweetner. He's got that.

I just want some explanation of the process.  Mailing envelopes you can steam open because there's a seam where the flap meets the lower half of the envelope.  You don't get that in a sugar packet.  You just get one self contained pouch.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3620
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #843 on: September 30, 2013, 08:23:10 AM »
By the way....Breaking Bad had the exact same ending as Lost:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

UncleDesmond

« Reply #844 on: September 30, 2013, 09:18:07 AM »

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #845 on: September 30, 2013, 10:33:52 AM »

Well, thanks for that input.

Lots of folks aren't so enamored of this ending, my husband being one of them. They are unhappy with the fact that Walt was basically allowed to redeem himself and got everything he wanted, and I can see that being problematic. I was disappointed that he rescued Jesse, I think that was a bit of audience pandering there. But realistically, Jesse's being rescued like a Disney princess notwithstanding, I just don't know how they could have ended it otherwise. To end it without Walt redeeming himself, at least a little, would have been to just drop it and let it all splat. It would have been messy and nothing would have been resolved, just Walt dying and plot lines left open without any sort of conclusion. So I can see why lots of folks are saying that it would have been better to not allow Walt to get everything he wanted, but then I feel as though that would have just left the story unfinished and completely open-ended. One of the things I've appreciated about Breaking Bad is their commitment to a conclusion. The Sopranos ending always bothered me because it just stopped and nothing was resolved and personally I thought that sucked a whole lot.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7302
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #846 on: September 30, 2013, 10:35:04 AM »
Walt's a chemical genius and a criminal mastermind ... I didn't need the show to take me by the hand and explain how Walt re-sealed that sweetner. He's got that.

I just want some explanation of the process.  Mailing envelopes you can steam open because there's a seam where the flap meets the lower half of the envelope.  You don't get that in a sugar packet.  You just get one self contained pouch.

y'know, i'm not bothered by that. what does bother me is how walt could be sure that the nazi funtime group would all be in the spray path. out of all the convoluted meanderings of this series, that's the one thing that'll bother me. ???
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #847 on: September 30, 2013, 10:36:54 AM »

y'know, i'm not bothered by that. what does bother me is how walt could be sure that the nazi funtime group would all be in the spray path. out of all the convoluted meanderings of this series, that's the one thing that'll bother me. ???

I was bothered by the keys on the pool table under a fucking spotlight and he lifts them in the most obvious way possible in a room full of dudes who were supposed to be keeping an eye on him.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3620
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #848 on: September 30, 2013, 10:39:26 AM »
White supremacists aren't typically known for their smarts.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #849 on: September 30, 2013, 10:46:12 AM »
Or for their ability to spread out, as gofly pointed out.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

• Big Montana
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #850 on: September 30, 2013, 11:00:10 AM »
The spray of bullets covered the whole room.  There really wasn't anywhere they could stand that wasn't in the path of the gun.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7302
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #851 on: September 30, 2013, 11:10:12 AM »
The spray of bullets covered the whole room.  There really wasn't anywhere they could stand that wasn't in the path of the gun.

maybe outside, near the front gate of the big important compound that they might be paranoid about the gub'mint coming to?
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline JP

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #852 on: September 30, 2013, 11:14:38 AM »
I enjoyed the ending.  It may not have been the ending I would have written, but that's because I completely lack the vision needed to write for this incredible show.  The story is over and it was worth the ride.

Also, after watching Talking Bad (for the first time), I'm glad to know Vince Gilligan is not a pretentious prick.  Wish him much success in the future.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #853 on: September 30, 2013, 11:15:10 AM »

Here you go Thrifty

http://www.ehow.com/how_12209040_coin-sugar-packet-trick.html

• Big Montana
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #854 on: September 30, 2013, 01:12:32 PM »
‘Breaking Bad’ Ends With Reveal That Whole Series Was Plot Of Book Marie Shoplifted
LOS ANGELES—Capping off five seasons of critically acclaimed television, the AMC series Breaking Bad concluded its run Sunday night with the shocking revelation that the entirety of the show’s story—from Walter White’s diagnosis with cancer to his transformation into a ruthless methamphetamine kingpin—was in fact merely the plotline of a crime novel that character Marie Schrader had shoplifted from a local bookstore. “What I wanted to create for the finale was an uncompromising conclusion focused on the show’s true emotional core: Marie’s kleptomania,” show creator Vince Gilligan said of the episode’s revelatory last scene, in which flashbacks to beloved moments from the show are intercut with shots of Marie flipping to chapters in the novel such as “Heisenberg’s New Hat,” “Trouble With Gus,” and “The Train Robbery.” “From day one of writing the show, I knew exactly how the story would play out: with virtually all of its central characters other than Marie—including Walter White, Jesse Pinkman, Saul Goodman, everyone—revealed to be fictitious figures in a paperback thriller Marie felt compelled to slip into her jacket in an Albuquerque-area Barnes & Noble. Marie uses this pulp crime novel to help herself deal with the guilt she has stemming from her own very real criminal behavior, which she tries desperately to hide from her husband, local mineralogist Hank Schrader.” Gilligan told reporters he is especially pleased with the final shot of the series, in which Marie closes the stolen book, revealing it had been titled Breaking Bad all along.

Remember the aborted "Marie's kleptomania" arc?