Author Topic: Breaking bad, you watching it?  (Read 82699 times)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
Re: Breaking bad, you watching it?
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2011, 11:07:10 AM »
Jesse does seem to be taking things in stride, but I'm not sure exactly what's going on in his head. Did he just snap and check out emotionally? 

I think so.  I read somewhere that his story arc for the 4th season will be coping with what he did and the moral event horizon that he just crossed.  My guess is that he's in sort of an early shock / denial phase.  At this point, it's still been less than a day since he did the deed.  I wouldn't be surprised if he has a relapse.

I wonder how Saul's gonna turn out.  He was definitely freaking out.  I'm getting this feeling that he thinks "I got greedy and I'm in way over my head here.  I gotta find a way out."

The scene from next week, with Walt saying "get me in a room with him".  I wonder who he's talking about.  Seems like he can't get near Gus.  Maybe Mike?

spaceforarent

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2011, 11:25:14 AM »
I've assumed it will be Gus ever since I first heard him say that. From the previews for this season it seems like he is going to try taking over everything. Though I guess with Mike around even if he did something to Gus it still wouldn't end well for him. Maybe an entirely new character will be introduced?

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2011, 11:37:22 AM »
Gus is a drug kingpin.  How the heck is Walter gonna get anywhere near him, especially with a weapon, and especially after what happened last season?

spaceforarent

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2011, 11:43:15 AM »
I assume that is what we would find out. I mean, he has to do [something] about Gus, otherwise he's a dead man. Maybe it will be more of a mind games thing, take down everyone Gus has working for him so that he no longer has that feeling of "control". I haven't watched season 3 more than once, but wasn't that a major thing with him?

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2011, 02:06:14 PM »
I wonder how Saul's gonna turn out.  He was definitely freaking out.  I'm getting this feeling that he thinks "I got greedy and I'm in way over my head here.  I gotta find a way out."

Almost forgot about Odenkirk's excellent performance as super-paranoid Saul! Good stuff, especially when he's on the pay phone with Skylar. That might be the best acting we've seen out of Odenkirk yet. And yeah, he is scared shitless; sounds as if he plans on skipping the country.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline bta

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 739
  • Sort this; deliver that; I'll make 'em all pay.
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2011, 03:30:04 PM »
Best part of this show is how the guest stars are just as good or better than the main actors.
\()/ 3~ \()/

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2011, 05:59:57 PM »
gus is serious business.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2011, 06:36:41 PM »
Ugh.  This is the worst part of Breaking Bad.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2011, 06:58:09 PM »
Ugh.  This is the worst part of Breaking Bad.

It does make the week seem longer, doesn't it?
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2011, 07:35:40 AM »
Okay, just finished my marathon of Breaking Bad and all caught up.    I CANNOT believe I was really unaware of this show for the past few years.

That was some amazing stuff....... really too much to comment on.   But the ending of Season 3 was pretty amazing.   I have learned from Walt to always know the addresses of people that may be in my way.

Gus's stare when he wants something scares the crap out of me.  Hank is one bad mother when you consider who he took out without a weapon.   I know the woman who plays Skyler was not actually pregnant during season 2 (she work a fake belly), but did she just have a baby in real life?    After watching seasons 1-3 in pretty short fashion, she seems to have noticable gotten larger. 

The bummer part will now be having to wait an ENTIRE week between episodes.   Seriously, that will suck, yo!

On a related note, I am going to be starting up my home brewing again this fall and a friend of mine says he wants to be my assistent.   I told him fine, as long as I can call him Jesse Pinkman when we are brewing and he has to call me Mr. White.   He does not watch the show so the joke is kind of lost on him, but I will enjoy it.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2011, 08:17:49 AM »
can i be your gus?
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2011, 08:25:04 AM »
can i be your gus?

I cannot think of a single downside to having a Gus....... oh, wait.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2011, 09:49:24 AM »
I guess Walt is going after Gus after all.  Looks like it's gonna be harder than he expected.

Poor Jesse.  I could tell from the moment that Badger and Skinny Pete showed up what was going to happen.  He's trying to escape from himself through drugs and partying.  All that money, and he can't buy peace of mind.  The scene with him squeezing his head right after the partiers left spoke volumes.

I hate this subplot with the car wash.  The owner doesn't want to sell it to Walt?  Fine.  Go to the laser tag place.  Problem solved!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2011, 12:23:56 PM »
I guess Walt is going after Gus after all.  Looks like it's gonna be harder than he expected.

Poor Jesse.  I could tell from the moment that Badger and Skinny Pete showed up what was going to happen.  He's trying to escape from himself through drugs and partying.  All that money, and he can't buy peace of mind.  The scene with him squeezing his head right after the partiers left spoke volumes.

I hate this subplot with the car wash.  The owner doesn't want to sell it to Walt?  Fine.  Go to the laser tag place.  Problem solved!

Agreed on all counts!

I have a feeling that Mike might come around, but that would be pretty risky for Mike to turn on his boss like that.   And the car wash sub plot best be setting up something bigger.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2011, 12:36:11 PM »
I just started watching.  I'm two episodes into Season 2.  I really should have started a while ago.