login

Author Topic: Spiderman or Hulk Would be cool  (Read 5239 times)

Offline LolygagerX

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • You think he likes Ham,Wait til ya see me like Ham
Spiderman or Hulk Would be cool
« on: November 07, 2006, 11:47:59 PM »
I mean cmon, Iv spotted many things that are just Halarios in Spiderman and Hulk.. And if you guys do do one of thease then do all three of you makeing fun of it =D

AHH!! WE HAVE MOVIE SIGN!!!

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2798
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: Spiderman or Hulk Would be cool
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 12:21:40 AM »
Loved 'em both, but they can be riffed! :^)

Offline Cap'n UKRiffer

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Leader Of The Justice Riff League Europe
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 06:03:42 AM »
Very true, Hulk was just so up itself, trying to be something smarter then a big stupid action movie
In brightest day, in darkest night
No DVD shall escape their sight
Let those who tremble in bad movies light,
Beware the power, Rifftrax's might!

Offline mkiker

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 12:56:22 PM »
gotta say the Hulk on this one. It NEEDS riffing if only to make it watchable.
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.

I know nothing, I  see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 01:04:20 PM »
I've decided the intangible bad quality of the Hulk movie stems from the ironic fact that it was too good to be a Hulk movie. Stay with me on this one.
I think there might be some subject matter out there that needs to be Cheesy in order to be swallowed. If you're going to watch a movie about a huge rampaging monster, you don't really WANT a whole lot of psychological development. The Hulk was an excellent character study of supressed rage. I really think the whole first part of the movie was DESIGNED to make the audience antsy, wondering when Bruce would just DO SOMETHING about everything happening to him, thus making the release and transformation a nice rewarding death star explosion.

And it might have worked, had the audience not been paying to see a Hulk movie. :^)

I'm a pretty big fan of the green goliath and his many writers have had to struggle with the dillema of what to do with a character that powerful. There's no denying the Hulk is cool and powerful and the concept is awesome, but once you have that established, what do you DO with him? Getting back to my point, Ang decided to go with psychological drama, which keeps the character development interesting and adds a depth that you just can't find in your average Godzilla movie. But the people shelling out the bucks for the tickets wanted something more along the lines of a Godzilla movie. We wanted destruction, mayhem, and little substance. So by trying to make the movie deep and intellectual, they gave us something other than what we wanted, so we rejected it.

In closing, I think we have a rare case of "So good, it's bad." :^)

Offline Shinigami

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 02:04:22 PM »
A lot of people defend Hulk on its dramatic elements.  However, the simple truth is that it failed in that regard also.  People don't want to admit it, but Ang Lee produces pretentious crap.

For example, there was the big noise over Brokeback Mountain.  What you don't hear is that most gays actually thought the movie sucked.  So generally the only people who liked it were prudish straight people.

Offline Cibernético II

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Vadinho says: YOU are the Pumaman.
    • My Space
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 02:19:50 PM »
don't do Spider-man. It was done too well. Riffing a good movie would just be alot of puns, play on words and pot-shots on comic book fans and that sort of thing. Like with the X-Men Rifftrax, I liked it, it was funny, but at the same time it pissed me off

Hulk however can do with a good riffing. I really don't like Ang Lee's movies. They, much like the Chinese government, have little regard for human rights.
I really do like pie.

Offline Cap'n UKRiffer

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Leader Of The Justice Riff League Europe
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 02:34:15 PM »
They, much like the Chinese government, have little regard for human rights.

Major burn on the Chinese government there, out of no where
In brightest day, in darkest night
No DVD shall escape their sight
Let those who tremble in bad movies light,
Beware the power, Rifftrax's might!

Offline Cibernético II

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Vadinho says: YOU are the Pumaman.
    • My Space
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 03:47:21 PM »
in Communist China, movie riffs YOU!
I really do like pie.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 04:30:16 PM »
in Communist China, movie riffs YOU!
There are times when it feels that way in America too. :^)

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 10:07:48 PM »
I've decided the intangible bad quality of the Hulk movie stems from the ironic fact that it was too good to be a Hulk movie. Stay with me on this one.
I think there might be some subject matter out there that needs to be Cheesy in order to be swallowed. If you're going to watch a movie about a huge rampaging monster, you don't really WANT a whole lot of psychological development. The Hulk was an excellent character study of supressed rage. I really think the whole first part of the movie was DESIGNED to make the audience antsy, wondering when Bruce would just DO SOMETHING about everything happening to him, thus making the release and transformation a nice rewarding death star explosion.

And it might have worked, had the audience not been paying to see a Hulk movie. :^)

I'm a pretty big fan of the green goliath and his many writers have had to struggle with the dillema of what to do with a character that powerful. There's no denying the Hulk is cool and powerful and the concept is awesome, but once you have that established, what do you DO with him? Getting back to my point, Ang decided to go with psychological drama, which keeps the character development interesting and adds a depth that you just can't find in your average Godzilla movie. But the people shelling out the bucks for the tickets wanted something more along the lines of a Godzilla movie. We wanted destruction, mayhem, and little substance. So by trying to make the movie deep and intellectual, they gave us something other than what we wanted, so we rejected it.

Yup. Pak-Man summed it up perfectly.

Also, leave my beloved Spider-Man alone.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 11:24:15 PM by The Sharktopus »

Offline mkiker

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 10:36:58 PM »

As a counter point, I agree that Ang had good stuff in there. To say the movie was too good isn't the problem though. The good was rather good, but the bad was just god awful. The Hulk swinging a tank by the turret for example. Anyone with an ounce of knowledge would know that either the hulk would fall over or the turrent would break. Then you have the scenes of the Hulk running where his feet moved at a different pace from the land.

I don't think the problem was the good, it was that you have two movies stuck together. It's as if Ang wrote a great short subject and then went on vacation while the guys at ILM filled in the rest of the movie.
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.

I know nothing, I  see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.

Offline LolygagerX

• Schnappi Supporter
  • You think he likes Ham,Wait til ya see me like Ham
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 11:18:51 PM »
Haha i knew Spiderman was a dumb idea, I just wanted to see your responses.. (i swaer i did =P). Anyways The Hulk would be an awsome riff =) just consider it..

AHH!! WE HAVE MOVIE SIGN!!!

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 11:31:54 PM »
If X-Men can be riffed, Spiderman can be riffed. :^)

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 11:34:09 PM »
It's Spider-Man. Spiderman is my podiatrist, Dr. Mort Spiderman.