Author Topic: Now that MST has moved to Shout Factory  (Read 10015 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 699
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: Now that MST has moved to Shout Factory
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 11:41:30 PM »
Well the part about the Film Crew being made for Rhino is true, but the rest may indeed be conjecture. 

Which is why I said if you believe the internets.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 04:28:20 PM »
Well I'm guilty of being pulled into the Mallon-hatred crowd myself, but lately I've been thinking more I want to at least hear his side of it.  Whatever is going on with him and everyone else just isn't talked about by the people actually involved, and what little might be tidbits of info are grabbed and possibly inflated by the fans.

Yeah, that's why I try to just be happy that something like MST3K ever got off the ground. But after causing Joel to leave (however passive-aggressively) and then delaying TFC so that there's likely to never be any more, I find it difficult to see the thing from Mallon's point of view.

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 04:31:08 PM »
I hope they tar and feather Mallon at the Convention.
On timeout

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 05:04:53 PM »
Well I'm guilty of being pulled into the Mallon-hatred crowd myself, but lately I've been thinking more I want to at least hear his side of it.  Whatever is going on with him and everyone else just isn't talked about by the people actually involved, and what little might be tidbits of info are grabbed and possibly inflated by the fans.

Yeah, that's why I try to just be happy that something like MST3K ever got off the ground. But after causing Joel to leave (however passive-aggressively) and then delaying TFC so that there's likely to never be any more, I find it difficult to see the thing from Mallon's point of view.

Also, Joel has told people at the CT live shows that he wanted to bring back MST3K and they couldn't come to an agreement.....
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2167
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2008, 11:05:53 PM »

Also, Joel has told people at the CT live shows that he wanted to bring back MST3K and they couldn't come to an agreement.....
Interesting. Bill said something to that effect too today in the blog-chat.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2008, 12:23:56 AM »

I read that once after the first live riffing they did and then a guy who works for one of my stores went to the last one in Texas and it came up there too.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2143
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 03:28:10 PM »

Makes you wonder what Mallon wanted to do that none of the talent from MST3K wanted to do it???

Also in the blog-chat Bill mentioned that there will be no more Film Crew.

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 04:25:27 PM »
Maybe there will be guest appearances of Mike, Bill, and Kevin on ICWxp as dead jedi apparitions who will guide them in their war against the zombies outside the theater.
On timeout

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2298
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2008, 05:31:41 PM »
Maybe there will be guest appearances of Mike, Bill, and Kevin on ICWxp as dead jedi apparitions who will guide them in their war against the zombies outside the theater.

Damn, now everyone will think I'm copying that idea when RoninFoxTrax the movie comes out.

Okay so it was a dumb idea I had at work when I was bored, but it made me laugh.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2008, 07:10:46 PM »

Damn, now everyone will think I'm copying that idea when RoninFoxTrax the movie comes out.

Okay so it was a dumb idea I had at work when I was bored, but it made me laugh.

Just send me my residual check and we're all good.
On timeout