Author Topic: Rhino no more?  (Read 11799 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: Rhino no more?
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2008, 03:59:56 PM »
I just wish they had samples of the quality. I wasted a lot of time downloaded a couple of the newest daps only to be greeted with horrible audio. I mean they have really bad tape noise.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 278
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2008, 09:40:32 PM »
I just wish they had samples of the quality. I wasted a lot of time downloaded a couple of the newest daps only to be greeted with horrible audio. I mean they have really bad tape noise.

The DAP of Village of the Giants was pretty bad, but I didn't have a problem with any others. However, I haven't downloaded 401 or 524 yet. Were those the ones you're talking about?

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2008, 08:15:58 AM »
Trade you a Master Ninja II that you can barely hear....   ::)

Offline Wiseblood

• Big Montana
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2008, 01:38:25 PM »
The DAP of Village of the Giants was pretty bad, but I didn't have a problem with any others. However, I haven't downloaded 401 or 524 yet. Were those the ones you're talking about?

Did they ever release a fixed version of Village of the Giants?

I couldn't stand to watch it with that horrible whine.   On advice from one of the DAP commenters I took the audio from the AVI version and replaced the DVD audio track.  It surprisingly synced up perfectly.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 01:43:27 PM by Wiseblood »

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2008, 04:07:17 PM »
the audio on the new DAP release (524) has a bit if a tape hiss.  I ran it through an audio editor and it fixed it a bit....

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2008, 06:46:17 PM »
I haven't seen the last few releases yet, so I can't comment directly but what I can say is that a large part of the reason things have slowed down is that all the easy stuff has been done. They are limited to the lesser quality sources now for the most part.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2008, 11:10:58 PM »

401 - Space Travelers - Has a lot of hiss.
523 - Village of the Giants : horrible whine/buzz throughout doubt I can fix the audio.
524 - !2 to the Moon - loads of hiss and pops.
605 - Colossus and the Head Hunters - low level hiss
705 - Escape 2000 - low level hiss video quality is a bit low.
809 - I was A Teenage Werewolf - Pretty good.

Those are all the ones I grabbed this week off the torrent tracker.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 25
  • Does this bug you? I'm not touching you...
    • BEERx
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2008, 08:55:03 AM »
I sent Tarantulas a ton of tapes, maybe he'll get some encoded one of these days...
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
-Dean Wormer, Animal House R.I.P.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2008, 09:42:50 AM »
Hindsight is 20/20. I have a ton of SP tapes with loads of season 3 and 4 and up. Unfortunately I used tapes that suck and they don't make good dvds. They are degrading pretty bad. If i can find a working BETA player I have a ton of season 2 and 3 on BETA tapes that should make some good dvds.

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2008, 12:48:01 PM »
I haven't seen the last few releases yet, so I can't comment directly but what I can say is that a large part of the reason things have slowed down is that all the easy stuff has been done. They are limited to the lesser quality sources now for the most part.
Who?  DAP or Shout! Factory?

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2008, 12:56:24 PM »
DAP!