login

Author Topic: THREE RIFFER EDITION - Now available!  (Read 18029 times)

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
Re: THREE RIFFER EDITION - Now available!
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2008, 12:45:59 PM »
I thought they mentioned in the add that the RiffTrax was designed only for the Legend DVD version.
I know that they said that there are many different versions with many different edits, so that would throw off the sync if you used one of the other companies DVD's.

Offline Zooball

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 1
  • What more do you want from me?!
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2008, 12:13:29 PM »
From the Plan 9 info page:

Please note: this track is best used in conjunction with the Legend Films DVD!

I took the term "best used" as,"It might work with....."  Worth a shot.
You can normally find me over at OurDarkSkies.com, but only if you like telescopes. :D

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2008, 01:44:09 PM »
Doesn't surprise me that the .riff wouldn't work right, but it might synch up just using the 'ol listen for the cues method.  Then again, moot point for someone who's already ordered the Legend DVD.   :P
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Zooball

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 1
  • What more do you want from me?!
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2008, 03:43:51 PM »
Well, not so bad to have the colorized version--now I get the Hulk joke.  Wow, colorization 'oooops!' at it's worst.
You can normally find me over at OurDarkSkies.com, but only if you like telescopes. :D

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2009, 04:57:40 PM »
For some reason I thought the Rifftrax 3 Riffer DVD they had on Netflix would be the color version.  (Then I looked at the cover.)

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2009, 06:40:13 PM »
Well, not so bad to have the colorized version--now I get the Hulk joke.  Wow, colorization 'oooops!' at it's worst.

It was actually done on purpose by the Legend colorization team. I don't think it was in the script but it's one of those "liberties" that creative artsy-types like to take from time to time :)

Offline GeorgeG

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
  • ....have a ball.
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2009, 03:38:59 PM »
-I just saw this classic (unriffed, but, it`s a movie which practically riffs itself) for the first time last night, and, what can I say? -Not much, I`m still dry-retching. This is definitely the best movie ever made, in spite of what everybody in the world says....(What do THEY know - Phyllis Steins) -Not only did I SEE it, but I saw it in a very appropriate location, - The Star and Shadow indy cinema in town (sorry, "toon" as we`re contractually obliged to call it here in Geordie land) -We had to bang on the huge garage door for ten minutes to be let in, then sit in a drafty basement-like place that smelled like a badly cared for old peoples home(....or "an old peoples home") -Honestly, if Kevin`s going to do anymore "Year at the movies" type stuff and he comes to the North of England he`s GOT to visit this place. It`s so rough I`M thinking of volunteering to work there- :rimshot:
I`m only human,... but only just.