Author Topic: Death wish 5  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Zardoz!

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
Re: Death wish 5
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 07:35:12 PM »
Well i watched Death Wish last night and I have to say it is one of the best 70s action movies ever.

This movie rides on Charles Bronson and he does a great of turning from someone who you would never think would do to something like this to being a cold blooded killer.

This may be the best acting he ever did.

I love the way this movie takes it's time building up.  Unlike other revenge movies it takes a long time for him to decide to do what he does and by the time he gets there you can believe a normal person would do that.

That's another great thing about this movie,at no point does he come off as a action hero he is just a normal person trying to cope with how insane things have become.

Also the last half hour of this movie when the cops are closing in is one of the most intense ever put to film.

I love the way this movie has you both rooting for him and against him at the same time.  On the one hand you don't want him to get caught,but on the other you don't like seeing him go from someone who gets sick from shooting a guy once in self defence to someone who shoots a man three times while he is on the ground you want him to stop.

This is one of the top five action movies of all time IMHO.

10/10.

Thanks Zardoz!

My pleasure.
Everyone who believes in justice, racial equality and free speech should support Duane "the Dog" Chapman and boycott anyone who takes action against him.

Offline Rotten

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 10:04:04 PM »
Haha, you watched that one too this weekend? That was Death Wish 3, with Martin Balsam and some other 70's famous people. I loved the "gang" with the stupid facepaint.

Offline Zardoz!

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 11:00:01 PM »
Haha, you watched that one too this weekend? That was Death Wish 3, with Martin Balsam and some other 70's famous people. I loved the "gang" with the stupid facepaint.

I assumed it had to be DW5 as series tend to get worse over time and I could not imagine anything being worse than DW3...
Everyone who believes in justice, racial equality and free speech should support Duane "the Dog" Chapman and boycott anyone who takes action against him.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2008, 12:32:10 PM »
Oh it gets worse.

By death Wish 5 Bronson is setting people on fire with remote control soccer balls.

If Mike and the gang would Riff at least one of the Death Wish sequels it would make it all worth it.

Offline Zardoz!

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2008, 08:18:30 PM »
Oh it gets worse.

By death Wish 5 Bronson is setting people on fire with remote control soccer balls.

If Mike and the gang would Riff at least one of the Death Wish sequels it would make it all worth it.

As bad as DW3 was, and given that series tend to get worse over time, the thought of how bad DW4 and 5 must be actually horrifies me....

Doctor Who?

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2008, 08:23:14 PM »
Well i haven't seen 4,but five is very funny.

Yes it is kind of hartbreaking now that I have seen the first one,but it is still worth seeing becouse it is one of the funnest movies ever made.

It's kind of like watching Superman 4.

Yes you are sad,but you are laughing too hard at most of the movie to notice.

Offline aneel

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 08:21:07 PM »
Unfortunately Golan-Globus ruined the Death Wish franchise, which really should have ended after Death Wish.

The first movie was awesome. My favorite part has to be when Bronson encounters the muggers on the subway.  The scene is so raw and minimal that it is also scary, especially when his character shoots the muggers several times, even when they are clearly incapacitated.

The subsequent films really ruined it, turning his character into a generic action hero who uses more ridiculous weapons against the more typical sinister "bad guys."

TheHumanDuplicator

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 05:41:50 PM »
y7es definetly death wish 5!!