login

Author Topic: SIX FEET UNDER  (Read 3401 times)

anais.jude

SIX FEET UNDER
« on: January 14, 2008, 12:36:33 PM »
Because Smilinjack and I were hijacking another thread............

so the two of us are on season 2 of the show. all i have to say to smilin jack about Brenda and her crazyness. you just wait, it gets worse!

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
Re: SIX FEET UNDER
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 12:48:18 PM »
you just wait, it gets worse!

Oh noes!

Sometimes I wonder why Nate puts up with her.  But then I think of the insight that someone else on the show observed of Nate (I don't remember who); he likes her because he can't figure her out, he can't control her.  If she were "normal" or less independent, he probably wouldn't be as interested.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

anais.jude

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 07:02:50 PM »
both nate and brenda are very immature in their relationship, they remind me of my thrid and fourth relationships. it is weird to think my current relationship is more mature than theirs.
i like brenda, i just think she has to admit to herself that she isn't perfect. she assumes that she figured out her parents effed her up and she is so much smarter than them because of it.
oh, let me knwo when you get to the stuff with taylor and her mother.

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 07:07:31 PM »
Also as Claire points out finally at one point, Nate's sort of a tool... I finished season 2 recently, going to start season 3 soon.... Nate has a huge ego and thinks he has everything figured out and that everyone should conform to every way that he thinks

edit - heh, forgot this is about why he stays with her though....  you guys probably nailed that, but also maybe that he wants to fix her
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 07:11:33 PM by pyro »

anais.jude

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 08:29:31 PM »
Nate does think he has everything figured out, and so does Brenda. I think that dynamic played well against David in the first season, since in some ways, David has ways more things figured out than Nate
in some ways

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 07:08:20 AM »
Well, we got through the entire series.  We're down to the last episode, which we're going to watch tonight.  Season 5 has been very heart-wrenching, I'm very excited to see how they end this show. 

I gotta say that I wish Peter Krause would get out of doing TV shows and get on some serious film work.  The guy is a phenomenal actor, I'd love to see what else he can do. 
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 06:41:31 AM »
The series finale of this show is probably the best hour of television I've ever seen.  Period.

Amazing, poigniant, sad, uplifting, humbling, and deeply affecting.

Anyone else seen it?

Offline Grillslinger

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
    • Grillslinger's Creations
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 06:51:40 AM »
The series finale of this show is probably the best hour of television I've ever seen.  Period.

Amazing, poigniant, sad, uplifting, humbling, and deeply affecting.

I completely agree. It was very moving.

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 07:08:32 AM »
I completely agree. It was very moving.

It really caught me off guard.  I was kind of a wreck last night after it, and it's carrying over into today as well.  Alan Ball is a genius for ending the show the way he did...I was completely spellbound.  It completely transported me to another place emotionally.

It kinda reminded me of the ending of
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline swisscheeseandbullets

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 03:36:45 PM »
I've only seen one episode of this show.

It was the one where the guy who plays Dexter was kidnapped.   It was intense and disturbing.  Not sure what to think of it.

And I've actually seen the last ten minutes of the series finale.  My roommate swore it was the best tv moment he's seen. 
I'll be checking the show out soon.

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 10:39:38 PM »
I've only seen one episode of this show.

It was the one where the guy who plays Dexter was kidnapped.   It was intense and disturbing.  Not sure what to think of it.

That episode certainly was one of the more intense and disturbing ones.  Most of the others aren't like that...But, that experience defines the character for the remainder of the series.

Offline Fig Neutron

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 06:15:44 PM »
Michael C. Hall--I haven't watched this show, but I've watched all of Dexter.

Just curious about what you all can say about him as an actor and as a character on this show.

I plan to watch, but it would be very fun to hear what you guys and gals have to say.
I'll Say It. You'll Hear It. You'll Do It. I'll Get It. You'll Learn It. I'll Live With It. And You'll Die Without It.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 09:01:32 PM »
Geez this show should be called "Infidelity: The Show".