login

Author Topic: WWWWWOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  (Read 285570 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5307
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: WWWWWOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
« Reply #2340 on: November 03, 2020, 09:19:09 PM »
YES! YES! YES! :highfive:
THEY SHOWED PART OF MY VIDEO  :cheers:

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #2341 on: November 04, 2020, 04:39:35 AM »
Here's the ending clip from last night's show..
At 2:30 is where my clip is shown ;D
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VsqOetCvr_k" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VsqOetCvr_k</a>

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #2342 on: November 10, 2020, 12:34:45 PM »
Went to a thrift store this morning and found an HP laserprint toner cartridge for $3 that was open box but never used..
It just sold for $59.99 on ebay :highfive:

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #2343 on: December 14, 2020, 12:55:38 AM »
Completely forgot about this but I received a second $200 invoice request from The Late Show with Stephen Colbert for use of my pressure washing video again, this time on Friday night's episode ;D So another $200 check will be heading my way soon!

Offline Cupcake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1252
  • Rebranded from Lesbunny
« Reply #2344 on: February 06, 2021, 08:22:44 AM »
So, my mom works at an eye doctor, and apparently there's a doctor who's offering free Lasik surgery for people with high myopia. I actually qualify for it, and so soon I won't need glasses. I guess the reason it's free is because it's a new technique, and the doctor is wanting guinea pigs to test it out on, or something like that. It's designed for people who have really terrible eyesight.

Maybe I won't need glasses, but I'll probably get some blue light blockers and just wear them all the time. It'll be nice to be able to not have to search for my glasses if I knock them off my bedside table and not have to squint or hold the phone to my nose if it's in the middle of the night.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1260
  • My name is RaphaĆ«l Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #2345 on: February 07, 2021, 01:47:03 PM »
So, my mom works at an eye doctor, and apparently there's a doctor who's offering free Lasik surgery for people with high myopia. I actually qualify for it, and so soon I won't need glasses. I guess the reason it's free is because it's a new technique, and the doctor is wanting guinea pigs to test it out on, or something like that. It's designed for people who have really terrible eyesight.

Maybe I won't need glasses, but I'll probably get some blue light blockers and just wear them all the time. It'll be nice to be able to not have to search for my glasses if I knock them off my bedside table and not have to squint or hold the phone to my nose if it's in the middle of the night.

I feel I should warn you, there is a risk of retinal detachment in cases of severe myopia. My father had 20/800 vision, and he had cataract surgery. The surgery was also supposed to correct his nearsightedness, which it did, at first. But about a month later, both of his retinas detached and he ended up worse than when he started.

I don't know what the risks of LASIK are versus cataract surgery, but I know there is a risk. You should absolutely ask about this risk before undergoing any kind of eye surgery if you are severely nearsighted. Something about the shape of the eye makes it more prone to retina issues.

Here is an article I found you might want to check out: https://www.reviewofophthalmology.com/article/lasik-for-myopia-the-risks-to-the-retina

Offline Cupcake

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #2346 on: February 07, 2021, 03:44:32 PM »

I feel I should warn you, there is a risk of retinal detachment in cases of severe myopia. My father had 20/800 vision, and he had cataract surgery. The surgery was also supposed to correct his nearsightedness, which it did, at first. But about a month later, both of his retinas detached and he ended up worse than when he started.

I don't know what the risks of LASIK are versus cataract surgery, but I know there is a risk. You should absolutely ask about this risk before undergoing any kind of eye surgery if you are severely nearsighted. Something about the shape of the eye makes it more prone to retina issues.

Here is an article I found you might want to check out: https://www.reviewofophthalmology.com/article/lasik-for-myopia-the-risks-to-the-retina

Since it's a newer procedure designed to be for people with high myopia, I imagine it was made to minimize risks like that. I know there's a lot of risks for any kind of procedure. Something could go terribly wrong and I could end up blind. At the same time, it's fuckin free.

Offline Cupcake

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #2347 on: February 08, 2021, 12:34:17 PM »
Turns out my corneas are too thin, so I can't get LASIK. Bummer.