Author Topic: Movies I'd like to see gettin the treatment  (Read 8316 times)

Offline JerryTerrifying

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Movies I'd like to see gettin the treatment
« on: November 05, 2006, 07:36:35 AM »
Action Jackson and The Labyrinth.  What do you guys think?  Also, I'm new here, I looked around for a suggestion thread or some such but didn't see one, so if this is in the wrong place ,sorry.   ;D

Offline WouTar

• Big Montana
Re: Movies I'd like to see gettin the treatment
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 07:38:55 AM »
How would it be possible in any way to mock David Bowie's extremely tight tights? It's just not funny.

Offline Cap'n UKRiffer

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Leader Of The Justice Riff League Europe
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 08:05:45 AM »
How would it be possible in any way to mock David Bowie's extremely tight tights? It's just not funny.

I honestly don't think Mike and Kevin or Bill could take that much 'area' in one movie... Who honestly could?
In brightest day, in darkest night
No DVD shall escape their sight
Let those who tremble in bad movies light,
Beware the power, Rifftrax's might!

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 08:06:31 AM »
Footloose would be one of my choices.  Dirty Dancing too, but Mike might venture on Swayzee stalking if he did another Swayzee movie.  I think Aeon Flux would be good and I know a lot of people own that (don't know why) or maybe Underworld.  Speaking of movies movies like that, what about Blade? That movie would be perfect.  I don't know if those two would be too violent for rifftrax though. 

I'm trying to think of actors he targets in his work and hasn't riffed yet.  I think Judge Dredd would be a good choice.  It's the only Rob Schneider movie I can think of that's not 100% stupid (just 90%).  He could do Truman Show too, which isn't as dumb as most of Carrey's movies.  Riffing Ace Ventura would be no challenge at all because it's all a big joke anyway.  The Majestic or Eternal Sunshine are also good choices.  His early Doing Time on Maple Drive is also, imho, very riffable but I don't know the availability (gees, have I seen this many Jim Carrey movies that I can track his career? I live a sad life).  Who else?  Hmm.  Carrot Top!  I figured he would have done Chairman of the Board by now.  Having never seen it, I would suspect he's not because it's too idiotic to even riff, like I think Ace Ventura would be.  I can see it being hard to riff a movie that's just too stupid for words being hard to riff.  Where do you start?

Well, now that I've discovered I'm a closet Jim Carrey fan and I have to go kill myself now.  Later  ;D
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline Cap'n UKRiffer

• Big Montana
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 08:12:18 AM »
Well, now that I've discovered I'm a closet Jim Carrey fan and I have to go kill myself now.  Later  ;D

The first step to recovery is admiting it

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 08:26:59 AM »

There's no shame in liking Jim Carrey movies. What made you think otherwise?
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline Rufus T

• Big Montana
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 08:54:43 AM »
What Lies Beneath. I begged for death while sitting through that turd of a movie. The worst part was that most of the friends that were with me liked it. I hope this thread gets through to Mike and he takes pity on me. Just watch the movie again and tell me there is not prime riffing material present.
Aaahh! This movie just throws you violently into the next scene!

Offline JerryTerrifying

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 09:53:45 AM »
Wow I'm glad to see these forums are this active.  Yeah maybe it would be hard to talk trash about David Bowie the Goblin King.  But man Action Jackson would be awesome.

Offline Cap'n UKRiffer

• Big Montana
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 09:56:54 AM »
Wow I'm glad to see these forums are this active.  Yeah maybe it would be hard to talk trash about David Bowie the Goblin King.  But man Action Jackson would be awesome.

Oh these forums are very much alive

BTW welcome to the board, enjoy yourself and theres a 2 drink minimum

Offline Rufus T

• Big Montana
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 10:12:23 AM »
Two drink minimum?! That's just crazy enough to work.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 10:51:11 AM »
What Lies Beneath. I begged for death while sitting through that turd of a movie. The worst part was that most of the friends that were with me liked it. I hope this thread gets through to Mike and he takes pity on me. Just watch the movie again and tell me there is not prime riffing material present.

What Lies Beneath was rolling along happily as an unremarkable Hitchcock ripoff up until the climax when Harrison Ford suddenly develops superhuman killing powers. What is it with movies doing that? How does Kevin Bacon getting turned invisible also make him unkillable?

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 12:18:48 PM »
There's no shame in liking Jim Carrey movies. What made you think otherwise?

Ace Ventura, Me, Myself & Irene, The Cable Guy, Dumb and Dumber and Batman and Robin to start  :)

I've disliked him since in Living Color. I'm the age where that was "the show" to watch at school.  Kids would talk about it at lunch and imitate the characters (they all wanted to be fly girls if I recall).  They all loved him (Fire Marshall Bill I think?).  I never got it.

Anyway, I was kidding about being a closet Carrey fan but I admit I did laugh at Liar Liar and it was a decent comedy to me.  He's toned down a bit since his early career.  I actually think Truman Show could have been good if he weren't in it.  He's too Jim Carrey.  Maybe that's my hang up and I just can't past all the rear end conversations he's had with the American public...but this is off topic. :-)
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

MontyServo

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2006, 03:44:49 PM »
Jim Carrey is OK.  Sometimes you need a goofy stupid comedy to laugh at and the Ace Ventura films and Dumb And Dumber fit the bill.

I also loved Me, Myself and Irene.  He was also really good in Man On The Moon.

As far as Carrot Top is concerned, I don't remember much about Chairman Of The Board.  Other that the fact that Norm McDonald had one of the best ad libbed lines ever about this film when he was on Conan.  He was on with Carrot Top's female co-star and she was plugging the movie.  Norm made a crack about the movie title being spelled B-O-R-E-D.  The film itself was nowhere near as funny as that one zinger.

That said, I went and saw Carrot Top in Vegas a few years ago.  I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed his show.  Maybe it was because I wasn't expecting it to be very good, and the fact that when he plays in Vegas his show is a bit more adult in nature than his normal schtick.

Labyrinth would be an excellent film to do.  Actually now that I think about it, The Muppet Movie would make for an awesome Rifftrax.

Offline Justin

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Did you know...?
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2006, 04:08:39 PM »
Speaking of Jim Carrey, another message board informed me of what looks like a great future RiffTrax:

The Number 23
Snowhead the Blue Reindeer gave me all the presents in the world.

Offline Rufus T

• Big Montana
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2006, 04:08:50 PM »
Well as previously stated What Lies Beneath is my dream rifftrax. My second request would have to be E.T. unfortunately. Yes that's right. I'll shall probably be cast out of the forum for saying this. And probably cast out of plaster too. But I really hate that movie. As a child I hated it and as an adult I hate it even more. Don't ask me why. It's just the way I feel. I'm gonna go curl up in a sock drawer and sleep for days. :'(