login

Author Topic: The Funny Pictures Thread  (Read 1275446 times)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: The Funny Pictures Thread
« Reply #11175 on: August 11, 2013, 08:49:43 AM »
Oh no, I agree on that part, just saying that some of there stuff can be good but much of it is pantys unless one happens to be in the same state of mind as the characters.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #11176 on: August 11, 2013, 08:55:36 AM »
They spoiled yellow beard for me. And I very much wanted to like it. Though I feel it wasn't any of the Python's best work either.

Offline The Snape

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 22
« Reply #11177 on: August 11, 2013, 09:56:34 AM »

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2640
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #11178 on: August 11, 2013, 11:01:03 AM »
They were hit and miss.  I've laughed my ass off at some of their routines, and others just kind of ramble on and never go anywhere.
This.

They're  a bit like Disco really, some of it is good much of it is only good when listened to with the correct temporary chemical imbalances.

They had more hits than misses back before they started doing the movies, I don't find the movies funny but some of their records were.

Of course I haven't listened to any of those albums since I was in my teens to 20s, and there's some nostalgia for me remembering listening to them with my uncle that died in the mid 80s when he was only 36, so I'm not sure if I would still find the "Dave's not here" bits as funny today.

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #11179 on: August 11, 2013, 03:09:58 PM »

• Big Montana
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #11180 on: August 11, 2013, 04:53:55 PM »
I don't know who that is, or who the person is they are referring to. I take it the comparison(contrast?) is funny.
Aubrey Plaza and Mindy Kaling are both trendy new young comedic actresses.  Plaza's big break was in a shitty Adam Sandler movie called "Funny People" a few years back but she really hit it big when she landed the role of April Ludgate on NBC's Parks and Recreation in, I think it was 2009.  She's known for her comic deadpan.

Mindy Kaling burst on to the scene in 2005 with the American version of The Office, where she was a writer and cast member until the next to last season in 2012.  After that she moved on to her own show, The Mindy Project, which is a bland single camera sitcom about yuppies in New York.

The joke, I think, is they're both popular comedic actresses right now, and both of their careers really took off after NBC sitcoms, and they're both of the same generation, except Aubrey Plaza came around a few years later.

Aubrey Plaza holds a special place in my heart because she's a fellow Delaware native and only like 2 years younger than me.  She went to Ursuline Academy, which I didn't attend but I remember it came up a lot because it was in the same league as my high school, so our schools competed a lot in the same sports and academic competitions.

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #11181 on: August 11, 2013, 05:09:58 PM »
The Plaza chick is in that new movie about oral sex.

I was a bit shocked when I saw an advertisement for it and it showed the scene where she was getting the guys to drink pineapple juice.  Kids don't need to know about that.  They grow up fast enough as it is.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4466
« Reply #11182 on: August 11, 2013, 06:31:55 PM »

• Big Montana
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #11183 on: August 11, 2013, 07:09:22 PM »
Mindy Kaling is too chubby, and not in the "a few extra pounds but she's otherwise attractive and can pull it off" kinda way.  Also, although I don't know her personally, every character she's ever played is intensely annoying, which is a huge turnoff.

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #11184 on: August 11, 2013, 07:59:24 PM »
I meant I was surprised they showed the commercial on TV.  Considering how the FEC is.  I really don't care what teens watch.

But kids grow up a lot faster these days.  When I was 16 I thought a blow job was just blowing air on a dick.  But I was close enough to my mom to ask just how it worked.  Which she very uncomfortably answered truthfully.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4466
« Reply #11185 on: August 11, 2013, 08:18:59 PM »
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 08:25:48 PM by The Lurker »

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #11186 on: August 11, 2013, 08:41:02 PM »
The Plaza chick is in that new movie about oral sex.

I was a bit shocked when I saw an advertisement for it and it showed the scene where she was getting the guys to drink pineapple juice.  Kids don't need to know about that.  They grow up fast enough as it is.

According to IMDB, this movie is rated R for "Rated R for pervasive strong crude and sexual content including graphic dialogue, drug and alcohol use, and language - all involving teens."

That means that a) it's supposed to be restricted to those over 18, and b) it's not got any nudity or violence in it.

So it's a lot of teenagers talking about sex stuff.  You know, exactly what real teenagers fucking do.  So unless you're on the bullshit "abstinence only" crazy train, or are 90, I don't see the problem.

Kings of Summer got the same rating for about the same reason (no sex stuff, just a lot of teens swearing, occasionally about sex stuff). As per usual, it's just the folks in charge of handing out those sorts of ratings somewhat terrified at the prospect of young people seeing other young people act like young people.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #11187 on: August 11, 2013, 10:08:10 PM »

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #11188 on: August 12, 2013, 06:14:47 AM »
I'd bang Audrey Plaza.  Mindy Kaling, not.
I think they might both be at worth an evening or two, but Plaza is far more scrumptious, and now she's having to bear the responsibility for maintaining any amount of hotness in the cast of Parks and Rec.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #11189 on: August 12, 2013, 01:59:45 PM »
I'd bang Audrey Plaza.  Mindy Kaling, not.
I think they might both be at worth an evening or two, but Plaza is far more scrumptious, and now she's having to bear the responsibility for maintaining any amount of hotness in the cast of Parks and Rec.

Why, did Rashida leave?

She will be leaving, so yeah I should have perhaps said "she's soon have to...."

As it is Rashida taking about 57-60% of the hotness with her so Aubrey's got to do a lot of heavy lifting.