login

Author Topic: The Funny Pictures Thread  (Read 1141823 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3403
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: The Funny Pictures Thread
« Reply #8925 on: November 06, 2012, 06:39:29 AM »

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #8926 on: November 06, 2012, 01:57:53 PM »

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3388
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #8927 on: November 06, 2012, 01:59:08 PM »
Does Big Bird have a body guard?

Offline The Lurker

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3888
« Reply #8928 on: November 06, 2012, 06:46:39 PM »

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 122
  • Psychedelic Cat Furniture
    • Choronzon
« Reply #8929 on: November 07, 2012, 12:33:19 AM »
I've been seeing pictures of Big Bird all over the effin' net in the past day or two.  Is there some significance to this I am unaware of, or is this just a coincidental 'hey, I'll post a picture of Big Bird doing something funny since I saw another one just now and it gave me an idea...' thing that happened to take off and turn into one of those 'memes' that have absolutely no significance at all?

(And I will ALWAYS quotemark the word 'meme' when used in this context, since it has so little to do with actual memetics - the only commonality being 'spread of an idea', but ridiculously oversimplifying the definition of what a meme is supposed to be. Yes, I'm one of those annoying people who likes using words correctly, so sue me.)
"Ever feel like you're dragging a big bag of meat around?" -  Kevin, The Curse of Bigfoot

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #8930 on: November 07, 2012, 05:46:16 AM »
I've been seeing pictures of Big Bird all over the effin' net in the past day or two.  Is there some significance to this I am unaware of, or is this just a coincidental 'hey, I'll post a picture of Big Bird doing something funny since I saw another one just now and it gave me an idea...' thing that happened to take off and turn into one of those 'memes' that have absolutely no significance at all?

(And I will ALWAYS quotemark the word 'meme' when used in this context, since it has so little to do with actual memetics - the only commonality being 'spread of an idea', but ridiculously oversimplifying the definition of what a meme is supposed to be. Yes, I'm one of those annoying people who likes using words correctly, so sue me.)

Romney threatened to cut funding to PBS. People used it to create memes to make it seem like he was attacking Big Bird him/her/itself.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #8931 on: November 07, 2012, 08:32:33 AM »
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9928
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #8932 on: November 07, 2012, 08:34:47 AM »

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #8933 on: November 07, 2012, 08:52:38 AM »

Romney threatened to cut funding to PBS. People used it to create memes to make it seem like he was attacking Big Bird him/her/itself.

And here's where the Meme says goodbye:

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5298
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #8934 on: November 07, 2012, 09:21:13 AM »

Memes never die. They just fade away (long after they become annoying), and then are resurrected at random by people who forgot the context.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #8935 on: November 07, 2012, 09:32:41 AM »
You're right, that should be the end but, no doubt, there will be Cousin Oliver versions of it for a long time to come.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3403
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #8936 on: November 07, 2012, 09:35:44 AM »

That's Classic!! :highfive: :clap: :clap:

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #8937 on: November 07, 2012, 10:32:51 AM »

So we're in for an entertaining, but ultimately disappointing final term from Obama?

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #8938 on: November 07, 2012, 10:34:02 AM »
Don't know, still haven't watched the last one. :)

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6632
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #8939 on: November 07, 2012, 01:22:27 PM »
dF = 0
d*F = J