Author Topic: The Funny Pictures Thread  (Read 1275895 times)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4641
Re: The Funny Pictures Thread
« Reply #16245 on: June 02, 2019, 03:46:07 AM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 563
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #16246 on: June 02, 2019, 03:33:44 PM »
I don't know why, but I could never get into Dragonball. I didn't care for it when I was younger and I still have no desire to ever watch it.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #16247 on: June 02, 2019, 05:42:05 PM »
I don't know why, but I could never get into Dragonball. I didn't care for it when I was younger and I still have no desire to ever watch it.

Me, too.  And I detested Pokeman (though I'm sure Michael Vick loved it: it is basically dog-fighting with cute, trapped animals who are only taken out to fight one-another for the glory of the HUMAN!  It's sick.)  I just thought the picture was such a creative way to utilize an already-cracked windshield.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #16248 on: June 02, 2019, 05:43:13 PM »
Another great cat name:

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 563
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #16249 on: June 02, 2019, 05:48:12 PM »
You know, there is such a thing as taking your fandom of Fullmetal Alchemist too far.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 511
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #16250 on: June 02, 2019, 11:00:01 PM »

Me, too.  And I detested Pokeman (though I'm sure Michael Vick loved it: it is basically dog-fighting with cute, trapped animals who are only taken out to fight one-another for the glory of the HUMAN!  It's sick.)  I just thought the picture was such a creative way to utilize an already-cracked windshield.

Fundamental misunderstanding of what Pokemon is about. It's about teamwork and bonds between the trainer and the Pokemon. Dog fighting is abusive to the extreme; starving dogs and tormenting them to make them vicious is about the exact opposite of that. Multiple instances of Pokemon being mistreated in the series resulted in the Polemon leaving the trainer. That's how Ash got his Charmander; the previous trainer abused it, and Ash protected it. James from Team Rocket is also an incredible example of a trainer who cares about his Pokemon: every one he catches during the series WANTS to be with him.

It is also shown that Pokemon are sapient. Pikachu refuses to evolve because it doesn't want to lose who it is. Ekans, Koffing and Meowth all say that there isnt such a thing as a "bad" Pokemon; they just love their trainers and work together with them. Yeah, you can make the general comparison to dog fighting, but in actuality, there's a lot more depth to it than that. Even looking at the games, the more recent entries have worked to include systems that reward the player for bonding with the Pokemon they're using. I know that I get attached to my team as I'm going through the games, and I'm sure other people do too.

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4472
« Reply #16251 on: June 03, 2019, 05:17:53 AM »
If anything, Pokémon is closer to boxing.  Honestly, I liked Dragonball Z when I was younger, but it has way too much filler and pacing issues. As for Pokémon’s show, I used to like it, but Ash is kind of a frustrating protagonist, especially considering they kept going to the “win on a technicality well” and that they kept hitting the character reset button with him when ever he’d go to a new region.  I ended up being more of a Digimon fan.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 05:26:15 AM by The Lurker »

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #16252 on: June 03, 2019, 05:37:42 AM »
If anything, Pokémon is closer to boxing.

the governing body and trainers ignore and suppress long-term deleterious effects of battles on the combatants?
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5708
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #16253 on: June 03, 2019, 02:14:18 PM »

Is he about to piss into the wind?

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5135
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #16254 on: June 03, 2019, 05:43:10 PM »

Offline sarayoung

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
German Shepherd
« Reply #16255 on: June 04, 2019, 08:18:28 AM »
German Shepherd

4.5 months ago they sold me a purebred German shepherd, I'm starting to have my doubts...

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: German Shepherd
« Reply #16256 on: June 04, 2019, 02:59:31 PM »
German Shepherd

4.5 months ago they sold me a purebred German shepherd, I'm starting to have my doubts...

I have No doubt your just another :spammer:

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #16257 on: June 07, 2019, 05:11:30 PM »

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #16258 on: June 08, 2019, 03:47:41 PM »

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #16259 on: June 11, 2019, 02:19:44 PM »