Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1894873 times)

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 844
  • Define lunch or be disintegrated!
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #20265 on: May 16, 2020, 03:34:25 PM »
Went inside to find the border collie had snuck one in. That one's dead.
:'(

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2897
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #20266 on: May 17, 2020, 05:22:20 PM »
On the weekend we got four new pets - four of these:

Spiny Leaf Insects. Ours are still much smaller than that one.
FINE

Offline dbsommer

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 86
« Reply #20267 on: May 17, 2020, 06:12:53 PM »
I gave myself a haircut last night. Not going to say I did a good job, but it'll do for a couple of more weeks.

Don't be weak. Go with a mullet and hair gel to get the bangs back so you can see.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 344
« Reply #20268 on: May 20, 2020, 06:25:59 AM »
I can't remember ever seeing as many dandelions as I've seen this year. Usually get a few in my yard, but all yards in our area seem to be covered with them. Maybe they've developed immunity to weed killer. Normal granules I use didn't work. Maybe the spray stuff I used yesterday will.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7106
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #20269 on: May 22, 2020, 12:44:58 AM »
that "change one letter to ruin a band name" thing is going around again, and i'm super proud of the one i came up with: three pog night.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 912
  • My name is RaphaĆ«l Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #20270 on: May 22, 2020, 07:19:22 AM »
Here's something that's bugged me for a long time. Has it ever occurred to you that almost everyone pronounces the word "kilometer" wrong? It's 'kilo-meter' (like kilo-gram and kilo-liter), not 'kil-ometer'. The reason why people pronounce it the way they do is because there's a suffix in English '-ometer' that means 'thing that measures...' as in 'speed-ometer' and 'therm-ometer'.

By pure coincidence, 'kilo' ends in a o'. Combine that with meter and it looks like it should be pronounced kil-ometer, which would technically be a thing that measures 'kils', which makes no sense.

I have way too much free time on my hands :P

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 399
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #20271 on: May 22, 2020, 01:29:51 PM »
I can't remember ever seeing as many dandelions as I've seen this year. Usually get a few in my yard, but all yards in our area seem to be covered with them. Maybe they've developed immunity to weed killer. Normal granules I use didn't work. Maybe the spray stuff I used yesterday will.

Yeah you know I am seeing that too.  It's insane.  I sort of like dandelions but once they get past the fluffy stage and the spores fly off, they're hideous stalks.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline dbsommer

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 86
« Reply #20272 on: May 24, 2020, 06:52:51 PM »
I think I'd actually like to see a fanfic of Star Wars/Guardians of the Galaxy. It could open like this.

Rocket stole a prototype Space Time Oscillation bomb because....

Rocket: I never set one off. I wanted to see what kind of blast it gave off and it was great! Never saw anything like it before. Unfortunately I was sort of off on the blast radius.
Starlord: You not only sent us to another galaxy you sent us INTO THE DISTANT PAST!
Drax: But since this is the past, that means our technology is far more sophisticated than what these primitives will have. We can make ourselves in charge of everything.
Gamora: Not how it works. And we seem to have attracted the attention of several of those enormous triangular ships.
Groot: I am Groot.
Rocket: You got a bad feeling about this? Be more optimistic. Not every space fleet is full of uptight assholes like the Kree. Or Xandarians. Or Skrulls. We'll probably get along fine with the locals.

Just throw them in at any point. They're shitdisturbers no matter what they do. It wouldn't be worse than the fics Disney Wars has been putting out.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1377
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #20273 on: May 24, 2020, 10:08:05 PM »
I need to stop drinking
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)