login

Author Topic: Re: What Projects / Tasks do you have going on / to do??  (Read 64013 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2544
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: What Projects / Tasks do you have going on / to do??
« Reply #720 on: May 11, 2019, 02:58:16 PM »
I finally got around to getting touch up paint that matches the pale yellow in my office, the stairwell, and the 2nd floor hallway.  Since they are plaster walls couldn't do the trick where you cut a bit of the drywall off to make a chip for color matching.  So, I got some hobby paints and mixed up little batches of color until I made one that matched, then painted an old gift card to make a chip that could be scanned.  There are some old paint cans from home depot in the basement so I figured the paint might have come from there, so got a quart made using my chip and it does match perfectly. 

I think my office/computer room was the little kids room before I bought the place, there were faint remnants of probably drawings on the walls that I could could never quite get rid of all the color, now those areas match the rest of the room.  And some chips and marks on the hallway and stairwell are now gone as well.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3691
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #721 on: May 21, 2019, 05:37:14 AM »
So yesterday I had a swarm of honey bees passing through and discovered my scrap wood pile from my windows project..
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FAx5gJ3NvHA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FAx5gJ3NvHA</a>
The bees are still there where I relocated them in the corner of my yard and I'm hoping they'll move on or I'll need to get a bee-keeper to come remove them.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3691
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #722 on: May 22, 2019, 07:21:37 AM »
So I never got to finish posting the window project that is now complete..

Took nearly 3 weeks to complete but I'm very satisfied with how it all turned out 8)