Author Topic: The COVID-19 Pandemic: What's happening in your part of the world?  (Read 12315 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3989
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: The COVID-19 Pandemic: What's happening in your part of the world?
« Reply #390 on: February 09, 2021, 05:30:11 PM »
OK. Point of clarification: The inferno isn't where we send discussions to be silenced. It's where we send discussions that can't be held in a civil manner. It's no-man's-land down there, and people can let loose with the Ad Hominems and debate as uncivil as they please. Nobody's in trouble. Nobody's being banned. It's just a topic that isn't working on up here. The effectiveness of masks seems to be one of these topics. We know a topic isn't working here when people are being told to F-off in a forum that people are trying to enjoy peacefully.

This puts me in a spot, because Pastor has a point. I can't just send half of the discussion down there. If he can't speak his mind about masks not working, it follows that others can't speak their mind about people who don't think they work. (At least not up here.)

So I feel like the options are to either move the entire Coronavirus discussion down there, which I don't want to do because I think it's psychologically healthy to discuss what's going on in a vitriol-free environment, or we just send everything related to masks down there and ask that nobody complain about people not masking up here.

But I'm not the only admin here, and I kind of want to hear what everyone thinks. If we move the mask discussion down there, can we keep everything civil up here?  Are we good with that compromise?

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5324
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #391 on: February 09, 2021, 05:33:17 PM »
I have no problem having this topic moved to the inferno if necessary 8)
I went ahead and started a new thread for the mask discussion if you want to carve out that part of the thread to move it there.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 05:43:00 PM by RVR II »

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3477
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #392 on: February 09, 2021, 06:09:52 PM »
Did you know that you can actually catch COVID and recover?

Did you know that 97% of cases are non-fatal?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/long-term-effects.html
FINE

Offline Charles Castle

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1172
  • Are you now, or have you ever been, a Ford owner?
« Reply #393 on: February 09, 2021, 06:45:55 PM »
it still weirds me out that schools are actually having classes right now. and that restaurants are allowed to have in-person dining. anything where people gather indoors for any length of time. boggles the mind. those two things say to me that governments of the world don't give one single shit about their citizens.

It's weirder to me that people are actually going to restaurants even if they are open, but I guess I don't expect government (especially in America) to care about people's wellbeing

What does this have to do with the government?  People paranoid about this virus are free to stay home if they want.

Did you know that you can actually catch COVID and recover?

Did you know that forcing restaurants to go out of business also hurts people?

Did you know that 97% of cases are non-fatal?

If you just smeared honey all over your face and gave oral sex to a skunk, you would be as absurd as Ted Cruz. Keep up the great work.
You know, if the space man puma thing turns out to be the correct religion, I for one will be very surprised.

Offline goflyblind

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 7442
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #394 on: February 24, 2021, 07:44:29 AM »
Doctors noticed something else as well: patients who had no history of diabetes sometimes developed severe diabetic symptoms while battling COVID, and some remained diabetic after COVID resolved. According to a meta-analysis of eight studies published in late November, as many as 14 percent of hospitalized COVID patients developed what appeared to be “new onset” diabetes.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/unraveling-the-complex-link-between-covid-and-diabetes
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3229
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #395 on: March 01, 2021, 11:36:53 PM »
I knew the vaccine distribution in PA was somewhat messed up, but this is ridiculous:

https://6abc.com/health/data-shows-philly-suburbs-being-short-changed-on-vaccines/10381423/

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1666
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #396 on: March 02, 2021, 08:11:23 PM »
OK. New rules everyone!

We can continue to talk about legitimate and verifiable COVID news and personal experiences up here.

If we delve into the realm of conspiracy theories, debates on the effectiveness of vaccines, masks, or other protective measures, or the legitimacy of the threat of COVID, we're gonna take that down to the inferno. Nothing inflammatory up here.

Simply put:

Discussions about personal frustrations with the way the world is, yearning for things to get better, problems getting toilet paper, you or someone you know getting COVID, news that indicates COVID numbers are falling/rising- All totally fine up here.

Discussions about whether masks really work, whether vaccines might make things worse, whether COVID is actually as deadly as everyone says it is- pretty much anything that falls under the heading of controversy or conspiracy - Take it downstairs.

Thank you.

OK I can respect that, if the rule is applied equitably.  As in, no complaining about other people not wearing masks, or advocating violence against them.  Hey, get that my position is not a popular one, but if I am attacked for it I should have the right to defend myself.  I’m not a fan of bubbles we’re only one acceptable viewpoint can be spoken.

I had a post that violated these rules up for a couple minutes, before I saw your post but I did delete it. I have my beliefs but honestly me ranting and kicking up shit here it’s only gonna get me And everybody else upset. I really should not have done that not only for the sake of the harmony of this place but also for my own well being. 

We can discuss in private message if anybody feels like it.

Did you know it doesn't matter if you agree with the decision and this is not a democracy?
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)