login

Author Topic: QuipTracks - The Lost World: Jurassic Park  (Read 9935 times)

Offline SaucyRossy

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
Re: QuipTracks - The Lost World: Jurassic Park
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 09:50:51 AM »
Wow. Over 100 downloads thus far. Who's downloading it, I wonder? If you've watched it, please let us know what you thought!

I haven't gotten it yet but I plan on it...so you guys have made some money on it? Good!

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!

Invader_quirk

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 01:05:10 PM »
I haven't gotten it yet but I plan on it...so you guys have made some money on it? Good!

Well, since it was free for a while and right now it's voluntary payment, we've made about 3 dollars. But yes, technically, we've made some money off of it.  :)

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 498
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 01:05:29 PM »
Wow. Over 100 downloads thus far. Who's downloading it, I wonder? If you've watched it, please let us know what you thought!

From the free samples given, you guys are by far my fave of the "amateur" riffers.  I laughed out loud many times on the Scorpion King preview.  Time and money are prohibiting me from more viewage right now, but I plan to keep an eye on you guys in the near future.  I'll be watching the JP one as soon as I have the chance.  Keep up the great work!

Offline CoragaleGoB

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
  • More powerful than your average grapefruit
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 07:15:03 PM »
Well, I watched this riff, and I thought it was magnificant.  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Also, when the next time that Cody guy's going to be in another QT? He's my favorite by far! He's so intelligent and wise and intelligent. Judging from his voice, he's probably extremely handsome to boot. Not to mention that he's probably got a SEGA, so he's not a troglydite...

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4439
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2008, 09:51:40 AM »
I rather enjoyed this! Nice Going there guys!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Only issue I had was trying to line up the QuipTrack with 'Beeper's quotes..
That was a bit chalenging but It seems to have lined up good enough :)

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 466
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2008, 02:36:38 PM »

Oh? Did you have an issue with the system in general or did the track keep getting off?

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2008, 03:31:44 PM »

Oh? Did you have an issue with the system in general or did the track keep getting off?
I was expecting 'beeper' to speak a part of the line like Disembaudio does to give me a reference point to tell me if I was off slightly or not with the movie..
With no text to go by either, All I really had to work with was the '1.. 2.. 3.. Pause' mark (which might need a bit more space between "Pause" and "Ok, we're back" as I had to be really quick on the draw there) at the beginning and hope I got it lined up properly, so again, It sounded like I lined it up enough to enjoy it.
Any chance your 'Beeper' could speak a bit of dialog of the movie for assistance in lining up the QuipTrack with the movie if no text can be provided?
Also, there was No evidence of track drift what-so-ever from start to finish, so That was a Big Plus there.

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2008, 04:11:33 PM »
I was expecting 'beeper' to speak a part of the line like Disembaudio does to give me a reference point to tell me if I was off slightly or not with the movie..
With no text to go by either, All I really had to work with was the '1.. 2.. 3.. Pause' mark (which might need a bit more space between "Pause" and "Ok, we're back" as I had to be really quick on the draw there) at the beginning and hope I got it lined up properly, so again, It sounded like I lined it up enough to enjoy it.
Any chance your 'Beeper' could speak a bit of dialog of the movie for assistance in lining up the QuipTrack with the movie if no text can be provided?
Also, there was No evidence of track drift what-so-ever from start to finish, so That was a Big Plus there.

Yeah, Beeper is a completely different syncing system, the advantage of which is that it's  1) Less intrusive (we can even have a sync point on top of a riff) and  2) It uses two different senses--sight and hearing--so it's easier to tell if it's off and for how long. The disadvantage is that it gives you no unique landmark in the movie to look for--just a scene change. This is really only a problem if you are *way* off course, however, and if you are that far off and you aren't familiar with the movie, Disembaudio isn't much help either...

So, to answer you questions, we weren't planning on using anything similar to Disembaudio (we kind of want to do our own thing anyway, and we're starting to develop Beeper as a character).... Do you think we *really* need to?

As for having more space between "Pause" and "We're back," am I understanding you correctly that you would like the initial sync point to be slightly after we say "pause" as opposed to immediately after? The way we think of it is that you're pausing on the implied period after the word.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2008, 05:07:26 PM »
Yeah, My line-up seemed to be right with beeper and the scene change, so that's how I determined I was real close all the way through..

I don't think you need to develop 'Beeper' into a character; Dis is bad enough (maybe it's just me)..

As for the pause, I guess I'm used to how Mike does his: "1... 2... 3... Pause... And were back.."
Instead of your 1... 2... 3... Pause-And were back.." I mean it's Instantaneous right after the pause. Again, not a big deal, I just had to reset 3 - 4 times before I got it right where it should begin.

Just my constructive critisizm, but it all worked and I enjoyed it none-the-less ;D

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2008, 07:13:56 PM »
As for the pause, I guess I'm used to how Mike does his: "1... 2... 3... Pause... And were back.."
Instead of your 1... 2... 3... Pause-And were back.." I mean it's Instantaneous right after the pause. Again, not a big deal, I just had to reset 3 - 4 times before I got it right where it should begin.

I see. Really, you either pause at the right time or you don't, regardless of how soon we "come back." Having the space in between only gives you the illusion that you did it right  ;) But thanks for your suggestions and thanks for listening and I will give you a more comfortable pause on the next track.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2008, 07:48:55 PM »

I see. Really, you either pause at the right time or you don't, regardless of how soon we "come back." Having the space in between only gives you the illusion that you did it right  ;) But thanks for your suggestions and thanks for listening and I will give you a more comfortable pause on the next track.
JOYYYyyy... ;D

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 67
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2009, 09:29:18 AM »
In case anyone is interested...

Length of intro - 00:01:07.65050

Length of Universal Logo - 00:00:23.18519

Difference of - 00:00:44:46531

Beeper Times

00:02:28.14869
00:15:03.35821
00:21:52.41835
00:33:29.68404
00:39:40.84825
00:45:33.31279
00:46:40.24327
00:53:29.21733
00:56:35.73262
01:06:55.31935
01:09:58.14273
01:18:26.62246
01:26:17.99054
01:28:58.83725
01:38:55.45410
01:48:41.10779
01:58:09.63058

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2009, 12:16:42 PM »
Here's a preview for you guys!

[yt=425,350]bfNNQAB_Gxg[/yt]

I suspect that's some kind of embedded reference to a youtube video, but it shows up as cryptic plain-text in my browser...

Invader_quirk

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2009, 12:17:52 PM »
This thread is from a different time... when there used to be a plain old Youtube tag... It was simpler back then.

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 67
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2009, 12:21:05 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bfNNQAB_Gxg&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bfNNQAB_Gxg&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>