login

Author Topic: The Science Thread  (Read 100373 times)

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
Re: The Science Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2007, 11:57:59 AM »
BURN THE WITCH!!!!!!

Exactly.  Only it always seems those who seek to end one fantacism, become exactly what they seek to end. 

Well, I was just trying to inject some levity into this thread. You seem to be handy with a dictionary, so I won't post the definition.

Offline valeyard

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2007, 11:59:22 AM »
I hate to pile on but yes Valeyard I have noticed numerous threads that you seem to take over with endless debates and pointless well points really.

It's not like the board is a hippie commune but we have all gotten a long pretty swell until all of these political debates..

With that said let me get back on topic.

If i read that right the only basis for the whole believed scientific existence of a line of human ancestors is some teeth? So if some big foot teeth were found would it be scientific fact that big foot was real?

Does that mean I'm bad, or you guys are that intolerant to an differing view?  I'm sorry, but what have I said that is so unreasonable?  (and who is really being unreasonable?)

And do the teeth of God need to be found for creation to be valid, while darwinsim still can't even produce a lab result for that primordial pool?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 12:06:32 PM by valeyard »
Are you my virgins?  I hope not!

Offline valeyard

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2007, 12:00:26 PM »
BURN THE WITCH!!!!!!

Exactly.  Only it always seems those who seek to end one fantacism, become exactly what they seek to end. 

Well, I was just trying to inject some levity into this thread. You seem to be handy with a dictionary, so I won't post the definition.

But levity can often be a cover for facts some people feel uncomfortable in admitting.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2007, 12:02:08 PM »
BURN THE WITCH!!!!!!

But levity can often be a cover for facts some people feel uncomfortable in admitting.

Well I feel uncofortable admitting that I have a raging case of herpes... but I don't shit all over the internet insisting that people face their own venerial issues.

Offline valeyard

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2007, 12:04:45 PM »
BURN THE WITCH!!!!!!

Well I feel uncofortable admitting that I have a raging case of herpes... but I don't shit all over the internet insisting that people face their own venerial issues.

So a challenging a theory in a science thread is the same as discussing venerial disease?   Sorry, I don't see the relation.  (and I hope I never do  ::) )

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2007, 12:06:11 PM »
BURN THE WITCH!!!!!!

So a challenging a theory in a science thread is the same as discussing venerial disease?   Sorry, I don't see the relation.  (and I hope I never do  ::) )

The password is "metaphor"

Offline valeyard

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2007, 12:08:37 PM »
BURN THE WITCH!!!!!!

The password is "metaphor"

OH, so bringing up the vulnerability of a strongly held belief (aka zelotry) is the same as asking people drop their drawers?   

OH!  Then you better check your metaphor with Adam and Eve and the question of the apple. 

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2007, 12:14:55 PM »
Well.. having been unsuccessful in contacting Adam or Eve... I went to adamandeve.com... but all they had were rubber dicks... which might come in handy for the wife... considering my previously mentioned herpes issue. Valeyard, you are the gift that keeps on giving.

Offline valeyard

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2007, 12:16:16 PM »
Well.. having been unsuccessful in contacting Adam or Eve... I went to adamandeve.com... but all they had were rubber dicks... which might come in handy for the wife... considering my previously mentioned herpes issue. Valeyard, you are the gift that keeps on giving.

Now who isn't discussing science?  (How come people keep wanting to change the subject away from science, if I am the one not talking science?)

(Metaphor, or FACT?)   ;D

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2007, 12:19:07 PM »
(Metaphor, or FACT?) 

or big floppy latex penises.

Either way... this thread is now a lost cause... As your insistence on SCREAMING YOUR POINT OVER AND OVER AGAIN DESPITE NOBODY GIVING A SHIT has driven everyone away but retards like me.....

Offline SaucyRossy

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2007, 12:20:06 PM »
I hate to pile on but yes Valeyard I have noticed numerous threads that you seem to take over with endless debates and pointless well points really.

It's not like the board is a hippie commune but we have all gotten a long pretty swell until all of these political debates..

If i read that right the only basis for the whole believed scientific existence of a line of human ancestors is some teeth? So if some big foot teeth were found would it be scientific fact that big foot was real?

Does that mean I'm bad, or you guys are that intolerant to an differing view?  I'm sorry, but what have I said that is so unreasonable?  (and who is really being unreasonable?)

And do the teeth of God need to be found for creation to be valid, while darwinsim still can't even produce a lab result for that primordial pool?

NO.

Read this very carefully. I tried to be nice and reasonable with what I said above so excuse me if I let loose on you a bit. K? Thx.

People are not intolerant if they don't want to have a pointless political/theological debate with you on the fucking internet.
We know the gig. You come into a thread and start a debate. You like to let people know what you think about issues and you know what? That's great I am so fucking happy for you and that you can do that!
I mean we are all happy we can give our opinions but after awhile it gets to a point where people just want to have a CONVERSATION about the TOPIC being discussed and not with a liberal, conservative, or religous twist to the conversation and NOT turn it into a fucking debate.

It's plain annoying. I am sure you are a funny and good person irl but you are just getting on peoples nerves with this. I mean there is a time and a place for these debates. Like the countless other topics you and that liberal dood post in and argue over wether Bill O'Reilly is a turd or a saint.

So will you kindly refrain from hijacking EVERY SINGlE THREAD ON THIS FUCKING BOARD FOR STUPID PARTISAN DEBATES??

Thanks.  :)

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!

Offline valeyard

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2007, 12:31:03 PM »

NO.

Read this very carefully. I tried to be nice and reasonable with what I said above so excuse me if I let loose on you a bit. K? Thx.

People are not intolerant if they don't want to have a pointless political/theological debate with you on the fucking internet.
We know the gig. You come into a thread and start a debate. You like to let people know what you think about issues and you know what? That's great I am so fucking happy for you and that you can do that!
I mean we are all happy we can give our opinions but after awhile it gets to a point where people just want to have a CONVERSATION about the TOPIC being discussed and not with a liberal, conservative, or religous twist to the conversation and NOT turn it into a fucking debate.

It's plain annoying. I am sure you are a funny and good person irl but you are just getting on peoples nerves with this. I mean there is a time and a place for these debates. Like the countless other topics you and that liberal dood post in and argue over wether Bill O'Reilly is a turd or a saint.

So will you kindly refrain from hijacking EVERY SINGlE THREAD ON THIS FUCKING BOARD FOR STUPID PARTISAN DEBATES??

Thanks.  :)

Okay, you are not being reasonable.  It still biols down to "stop challengeing our preconceptions."  I have simply pointed out things flaws in a theory in a discussion of SCIENCE.  Do you know what SCIENCE is?  It is NOT consensus.  When it is consensus is it NOT SCIENCE. 

You are still saying it's wrong to question a preconception, because it pisses you all off.  That says more about YOU than me.

I am SIMPLY asking a few questions and pointing out a few things.  You guys discussed bones, and I pointed out the vulnerability of Darwinism.  You guys discussed Behe and I did so too.  Now you guys are just bitching and whining that I won't agree with you all, because you say so.

Psst!  THAT'S NOT SCIENCE.

(geesh it is like talking to several brick walls.)

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2007, 12:34:50 PM »
You've talked to several brick walls?!?!

I guess that explains a lot when you think about it....

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2007, 12:37:24 PM »
My theory is that Valeyard is a bot written by googogeiger to destroy our little community.
On timeout

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2007, 12:39:38 PM »
Several brick walls, you say? Imagine trying to discuss anything with someone who's arguments turn out to be this "LOL! I'M RIGHT! YOU GUYS HAVE TO PROVE ME WRONG!". Do you even read what you write or does your hard-headed-never-gonna-change-my-mind-about-anything point of view just flow out of you like you're speaking in tongues with your fingers? Start your own website where you can blather on all you want to about shit no one else on this forum wants to hear about, if you're lucky maybe you can get www.itshurtsbeingsorightabouteverything.com