login

Author Topic: Which Was Your First?  (Read 13556 times)

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
Re: Which Was Your First?
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2007, 05:50:58 PM »
I know -- weird, huh? It's like that one split second, and only that one split second, is burned in my brain! I THINK it was CC but I couldn't swear to it.
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2007, 07:52:46 PM »
Well, Trumpy coming out of the closet is forever burned into my brain. I never would have known where it was from had i not found it at the video store.

Crazy_88s

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2007, 08:24:01 PM »
My first MST3K episode was Pumaman. It was in the Summer of 1998 that I first got a taste of that show. I never laughed so hard in my life.  :D

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2007, 08:30:04 PM »
As we say on Dave Barry's blog, SNORK at Junkyard. :)

I've researched everywhere I thought would help me: I still don't know what that means. Is Snorking GOOD?

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2007, 08:39:37 PM »
SNORKing is very good.  ;) (It's a rough approximation of the sound one makes while spewing one's drink out one's nose in a laughing fit.)
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2007, 08:46:23 PM »
Oh. Then thanks!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2007, 08:53:21 PM »
My first MST3K ever was Master Ninja I and II.   I was the "beard" of an ex-girlfriend of mine (as her parents liked me) as she visited her new "bad boy" boyfriend that her parents hated.    While they were out, I sat around with his roomate and watched this wonderous new show.    It was like showing the blind how to see.   I was hooked at once.

The first time I saw them at home was during the A&E Cable Ace award weekend and they showed "Deathstalker".    I was out very late the night before and had a monster hangeover.    I called a friend of mine who was out with me and he had a hangover too.   I made him turn on A&E and we watched it together over the phone.    It cured both our hangovers.

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • *Platypus Sound*
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2007, 09:41:09 PM »
Mine was Rocketship X-M, but since I didn't know just what the heck I was watching, I turned it off about halfway, because the movie was so unwatchable.  I just thought that it was another local low-budget cable show, like Elvira's Movie Macabre or The Big Chuck Little John Show.  In fact it was because of the host segments that I stayed tuned in.  So needless to say, for a long time, I had no inkling as to Josh Weinstein's contributions early on in the shows history.

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2007, 12:40:04 AM »
Let's see, first episode that I remember -- you guys are gonna have to help me out here. It's one where someone was pounding on a lattice and one of the guys quipped, "Lattice in!" It seems to me I'd caught bits of it on TV before that, but that was the first MST3K joke that made me laugh, so it's the first episode I remember. And that's the one and only time I've ever seen that episode, so I have no idea which one it was.

I was just watching some old episodes, and i stumbled across the episode you mentioned.  It was Episode 620- Danger! Death Ray!(bab-bad-bad-duh-duh!...Bad-dah-dah-dah-dow!).  A couple of goons were banging on a door, and a lattice was in the way.
...BART FARGO!!!

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2007, 07:56:13 AM »
THANK YOU! At last I can die happy look for that episode.

Bring back Bridget!

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2007, 09:22:41 AM »
I have trouble completely remembering the episode I first saw, because I used to watch this with my dad when I was fairly young (comparably). I'm REASONABLY sure that the first episode I actually saw was the Castle of Fu-Manchu when it was originally aired, from which point onward my father and I were rabidly dedicated to recording every single broadcast on VHS to gather up the older episodes. He still has the entire series sitting on pristine VHSes (copies of the originals), including all of the turkey day marathons and other specials, sitting in his garage. I still have a very large soft spot for that episode, even though some of the other episodes from that season are lower down on my list.

When I moved away from home, I didn't take any copies with me and lost touch with the show for a few years, until the good ol' P2P networks first started to blossom and I got almost all of them again from the DAP. I think I have roughly 90% of the episodes sitting on my old computer's hard drive.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline OTC316

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 1
  • The world loves a bastard...
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2007, 10:08:46 AM »
My first MST3K experience came from a video tape my brother showed me one night. I saw "Crash of the Moons", and "Attack of the the Eye Creatures". It's been all downhill since then. :)

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2007, 05:17:23 PM »
I think the first one I saw was Jungle Goddess, I didn't get to start watching regularily until later on in season 3.  I taped the Candid Gamera marathon that they aired and started to watch all the turkey day stuff.  I caught the original broadcasts of a lot of the Season 4 episodes. 

Crazy_88s

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2007, 09:06:13 PM »

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2007, 11:10:26 PM »
That's how we Smurf, baby!
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing