Author Topic: Which Was Your First?  (Read 13441 times)

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
Re: Which Was Your First?
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2008, 01:50:29 PM »
I wish I could remember the title..I'm pretty sure it was a black and white movie where women were either being burned at the stake or threatened to being burned at the stake.   I remember bits and pieces but I don't think I'll ever figure out which one it was...but I was hooked shortly after that.  :)
Sounds like "The Touch of Satan".
That wasn't black and white....

Maybe it was The Undead....
Maybe mishypic had a faulty coaxial cable.

Offline Maverick Joe Six-Pack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2008, 01:55:51 PM »
I wish I could remember the title..I'm pretty sure it was a black and white movie where women were either being burned at the stake or threatened to being burned at the stake.   I remember bits and pieces but I don't think I'll ever figure out which one it was...but I was hooked shortly after that.  :)
Sounds like "The Touch of Satan".
That wasn't black and white....

Maybe it was The Undead....

STAAAAAAAAY!!!!
"Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Offline Maverick Joe Six-Pack

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2008, 01:56:15 PM »
"Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2008, 05:07:31 PM »
I was in a hotel in Ithaca, New York.  While flipping channels desperately looking for something watchable, I came across these odd looking silhouettes at the bottom of the screen making fun of the Jaws guy from the Bond movies while he was talking to an attractive blind girl.  My channel surfing ceased. My first thought was 'Oh my god, they're making fun of the movie and it's hilarious.' My curiousity was instantly piqued.  Who are these guys?  Why do two of them look so damn peculiar? What the hell is this film? What is this hilarious show?

I remember trying to piece information together about this show for weeks before I got the whole story. This was before the internet (or at least before I had internet anyway) and it wasn't always so easy to get info back then. It wasn't till about two years later that I discovered that the name of this episode was The Human Duplicators.

Offline MyStars!

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
  • I sing whenever I sing whenever I sing
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2008, 11:58:37 AM »
Ooo, I just watched The Human Duplicators a few days ago.  What a great episode for your introduction to MST3K!

Movie: "You must never program a mechanical device with more wisdom than you yourself process."
Joel: "You know, there's a lesson to be learned here, guys." 
Movie: "Never create a robot that can out-smart you."
Tom: "Too late, Joel."

Classic!

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2008, 12:16:58 PM »
Ooo, I just watched The Human Duplicators a few days ago.  What a great episode for your introduction to MST3K!

Classic!

Yeah, after Human Duplicators I actually didn't see too much of the show until a  couple of years later when a friend gave me a few tapes with various episodes. These tapes are what really made me a fan. It was Human Duplicators, however, that got me on the scent and kept me curious to discover more. And yes, it is a great episode. I've watched it several times now and it's always a good time.

Offline Captain Joe

• Schnappi Supporter
  • He's seen us.
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2008, 08:14:12 PM »
  Caught the second half of the premiere of Time Of The Apes. I had seen clips of the show on Short Attention Span Theater (which kinda spawned Jon Stewart) and thought I saw clips on that late-night show from the day Night Flight (or else a blatant rip-off of MST3K). I liked it. When I made it a point to catch the next one Daddy-O, my family and I were hooked.  8)
"You were deceived."-Star Wars:The Old Republic Deceived Trailer

Hell-loving Reptoid asshats.

Offline orionpaxxx

• Big Montana
  • ...in a secret Halliburton bunker I wait
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2008, 08:17:44 PM »
I sure miss SAST, thats a blast from the past.
If there was a transformer that was a hybrid, do you think the other Autobots would make fun of him or be envious?

Offline gojikranz

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
  • im baaaack
    • my facebook?
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2008, 08:21:39 PM »
the first episode i glimpsed was revenge of the creature and i remember i really liked the creature from the black lagoon and i was annoyed with the people talking over it.  i was only about 9 so i was confused.  the first episode i consciously enjoyed and understood was mole people the first joke i remember seeing and laughing outloud was the comparison of the mole peoples lair to the in and out burger.  i was nine that made sense.  i was pretty much hooked since then.
MICROPHONE MANIAC COMING SOON!!
Promo Featurette: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vzYR6_-UqE

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2008, 09:14:48 AM »
I miss all of Comedy Central from that time....SAST, Night After Night with Allan Havey, London Underground, Comics Only....and of course MST3K.

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2008, 09:52:52 AM »
My first episode was The Magic Sword, I believe.  Then I saw Monster-A-Go-Go, and then I didn't have access to Comedy Central again until college, so I didn't see another episode until Night Of The Blood Beast.  I ended up only seeing Once Upon A Honeymoon, though.  I didn't start watching in earnest, however, until one day at band practice we convened in the living room and watched Pumaman.  That one hooked me instantly.

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2008, 09:53:11 AM »
I don't remember the first one I saw, but I know it was during the Sci-Fi era
flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT

Offline DarthChimay

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • How can a Pope be such a hottie?
« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2008, 11:44:46 AM »
I miss all of Comedy Central from that time....SAST, Night After Night with Allan Havey, London Underground, Comics Only....and of course MST3K.

Lest we forget Higgins Boys and Gruber.

The Love Song of J. Alfred Flintstone is one of my favorite things of all time.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5081
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2008, 12:03:57 PM »
My first was the Atomic Brain.  I had heard a lot about the show but living in Canada (and the fact that you couldn't get these things off the internet yet) I had not seen it and had spent $17 to get it on VHS.  The first sketch really didn't work for me and I was disappointed, but as it went on I found mytself laughing harder and harder (I still love the juvenile delinquency sketch.)

Offline king4wd

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #119 on: July 02, 2008, 07:01:03 AM »
I was at a Friends house when they were channel surfing. They were fans, but I had never even heard of it. We watched the beginning of Hercules Unchained and I said "They're saying exactly what I would say!" Once Joel & the bots started jamming Deep Purple's Smoke on the Water when Herc's wife broke out her lyre I became a fan for life.
I can say rat droppings, it does not mean I want to eat them - Chun