login

Author Topic: Transformers 2007 might have huge riffing opportunities  (Read 6091 times)

Offline Blitzwing

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Transformers 2007 might have huge riffing opportunities
« on: November 02, 2006, 12:08:51 PM »
The Upcoming Transformers movie is making lots of fans very upset at all the changes they're making to the Transformers.   To many of them the only good thing to come out of this movie is Peter Cullen (Original voice of Optimus) voicing him in the 2007 movie.  Now they're trying to get Frank Welker (original Megatron) to be the voice for him in the 2007 movie.   But the looks of all the Transformers has totally changed (except for Optimus).   All kinds of names have been given to the new Megatron and Starscream.   Everything from Tony the Tiger to The Predator and Pumpkin Head with a beard have been used to describe those 2.   

There was also a contest where fans could have their lines chosen for Optimus to say in the movie.   If you've seen some of the lines the producers have picked to draw from, you'd instantly think MST3K opportunity!!!! 

I just lost my train of thought and started thinking about pudding so I'll stop here.  ???

Offline SaucyRossy

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
Re: Transformers 2007 might have huge riffing opportunities
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 12:10:36 PM »
Let's not get started on what is going to be TINO (Transformers In Name Only) because I don't want to burst a blood vessell.....if Mike does ever decide to riff a movie that is still in theatres so we can go and listen/watch it then this would be a good choice but until then we will have to wait for the dvd.

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!

Offline Blitzwing

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 12:12:54 PM »
Sorry to add a reply to my own post.   One thing I forgot to mention is how the Transformers will be arriving.  Don Murphy, Steven Spielberg, and Michael Bay will be choosing to have them arrive as comets.  In the original story they arrived in 2 space ships called The Ark and the Nemesis.  They were batteling each other and crash landed on earth to be knocked off line for thousands of years.   That is the cool story.   The crew of the 2007 movie seem to want them to arrive as solar babies in comet form.   ::)

Of course things change over time.  But I hope that changed for sure.  Don Murphy announced that they were finished fliming the movie last month and the rest is all up to post.   

Offline Blitzwing

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 12:14:33 PM »
Let's not get started on what is going to be TINO (Transformers In Name Only) because I don't want to burst a blood vessell.....if Mike does ever decide to riff a movie that is still in theatres so we can go and listen/watch it then this would be a good choice but until then we will have to wait for the dvd.

So is it safe for me to assume that you too are not at all happy with all the changes that are being made?  Many fans have said that the changes completely take them away from all Transformer universes (G1 , Cybetron, Armada, Energon, R.I.D.).  What do you think? 

Offline Cap'n UKRiffer

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Leader Of The Justice Riff League Europe
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 12:17:42 PM »
Oh man...i'm a HUGE Transformers fan (i got over 100 of the things and various dvds, t-shirts, soundtracks etc etc) and i'm really, really not looking forward to this movie... Michael Bay is going to ruin this, he's going to crap all over it like all over big dumb stupid loud movies he does like The Island and other crap

Damn you Michael Bay, damn you to hell...
In brightest day, in darkest night
No DVD shall escape their sight
Let those who tremble in bad movies light,
Beware the power, Rifftrax's might!

MontyServo

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 12:18:36 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing Mike riff on the Transformers animated movie.  Or would that be a bit obscure for Rifftrax.

I do like the idea of trying to have Rifftrax available for movies shortly after they arrive on DVD.   Especially if they were to announce it in advance to allow us all to take advantage of opening week sale prices on the titles.

As for the new Transformers movie, I'm sure it will either be a blast or sink like a rock.  I'm not a fan of heavy CGI in movies and this one looks to contain a ton of it.

Offline Blitzwing

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 12:19:00 PM »
http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=messageboard.viewThread&entryID=1534693&adTopicID=12&categoryID=57&IsSticky=0&Mytoken=D693AC7E-9696-4595-9FAE39817F40C56B70839036

Check out that thread on myspace with pictures of the movie TFs and information and share your knowledge in there too (or disgust)  ;D

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3206
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 12:19:06 PM »
TF is a while away. In the meantime, might I suggest the animated movie, available now on DVD and due to be rereleased next week. :^) Very riffable. Even if Mike has no clue what's going on, he proved with Matrix it can still be funny. :^)

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 12:20:09 PM »
Personally, I'm very excited from what I've seen so far.

I don't expect them to honor the original cartoon by much. This is a franchise they're interested in building, and the kids nowadays are who's gonna pick up on this. The fans of the original show are taken into consideration, I'm sure, but the Hollywood types know that the biggest potential lies in the younger crowd.

I'm sure the same arguments were made by fans of Spiderman/Superman/Daredevil/X-Men/Hellboy and every other movie that has a strong built-in fanbase.

I choose not to nitpick everything and just have fun with it. At least it's being done in the first place.

Besides, I can indulge my nostalgic feelings with the Transformers: The Movie DVD that's coming out on Tuesday!   :)

Offline Blitzwing

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 12:20:54 PM »
Don't put all the blame on the director.   Don Murphy was the one who got a lot of this ball rolling along with Robert Orci who also is writing it.   They're just as much to blame as Bay and Spielberg.   

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 12:22:47 PM »
One of the key things Mike has mentioned in interviews, is he likes to pick movies that people might have a copy of already.

Not saying I wouldnt want to see this riffed, but I'm not sure if it fits the rifftrax genre?

Offline Blitzwing

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 12:24:16 PM »
http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=messageboard.viewThread&entryID=1534693&adTopicID=12&categoryID=57&IsSticky=0&Mytoken=D693AC7E-9696-4595-9FAE39817F40C56B70839036

There is a difference between nitpicking every change and not wanting EVERYTHING to be changed.   Everything in this movie will be changed pretty much, but they slap the G1 names on all the robots.   Most of the robots don't even have faces or heads similar to Transformers.  They all look like aliens or Gundam mechas.   But, I'll most definetely see it in the theaters when it comes out to give it a chance . . . so . . ... yeah :)

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3206
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 12:37:12 PM »
The leaked photos are preliminary models and will likely look very different when the film is released. (and given the quick and massive response, I'd say a lot of us have the dvd of the animated movie...)

Offline Road_Element

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 51
  • The Names Servo, Tom Servo
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 12:45:47 PM »
While where talking about a Transformers movie. Why not the Dolph Lundgren He-man movie. Also theres going to be a new He-man movie coming in 2008. Plus a new Ninja Turtles movie. But that one looks like it might be cool. But anyways.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/f8dpXBaM6D8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/f8dpXBaM6D8</a>

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 12:48:05 PM »
They look like Bionicles. Those are not my beloved Transformers.

But Stan Bush may be contributing a song to the soundtrack:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1s7z9AgjEuA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1s7z9AgjEuA</a>

Edit: Holy crap! I'd heard about that new TMNT movie, but I hadn't seen the trailer. That is awesome!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 12:53:18 PM by The Sharktopus »