Author Topic: Anyone found a Wii (at a store) in the past month?  (Read 3443 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3204
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: Anyone found a Wii (at a store) in the past month?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2007, 10:39:05 PM »
It's not a Video GAME, mom. It's a Video Game SYSTEM!

I got it right in my first post.  Lay off.   :P
I know. I just saw a chance to quote the Star Wars Holiday Rifftrax and couldn't resist. :^)

Offline Peeeches

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2007, 10:58:26 PM »
Gamestop is also having a raincheck program in conjunction with Nintendo.  You pay up front and get a Wii in January.  It was just announced.

So they get to make interest off of your money for what could be a whole month before you have anything to show for it.

Yeah, that sounds fair.

Walk into a GameStop, pick up a rain check, pick up a Wii a month later.
vs.
Scour Sunday's ads, get up early on a Sunday, find a store that just stocked Wiis, stand in line hoping to get one, drive to another store when I don't, etc.

Rain check please!
Big McLarge Huge!

Offline erika_lk

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 04:19:06 PM »
A local 'toys r us' got a shipment of about 30 in today, not sure exactly how they do the shipping, but if you live in the north east, maybe check there over the next day or so.  My boss was doing some shopping when they announced it, and snagged one for me.  All I can say is: 
 ;D ;D ;D
I'll be hooking it up in about ten minutes.

This has made my year.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 07:29:13 PM »
A local 'toys r us' got a shipment of about 30 in today, not sure exactly how they do the shipping, but if you live in the north east, maybe check there over the next day or so.  My boss was doing some shopping when they announced it, and snagged one for me.  All I can say is: 
 ;D ;D ;D
I'll be hooking it up in about ten minutes.

This has made my year.

Your boss buys you a Wii. Mine makes me work for 2 days during my CHRISTMAS FUCKING VACATION.

I call no fairsies. :(
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2007, 11:56:11 AM »
I just popped into Best Buy to return something, and lo and behold, there's a stack of 30 Wiis behind the customer service desk. They just got in a shipment this morning, unannounced.  Some parents looking for them are going to be very happy, I think.

(And I resisted buying one myself as I figured that there's a 10-year old kid out there who'd appreciate it more.)