login

Author Topic: Heckling  (Read 11872 times)

Offline Shinigami

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
Re: Heckling
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 07:26:38 AM »
I did a similar thing at Pirates of the Caribean.  I pretty much kept making Monkey Island references.

Orlando Bloom comes on:
"It's Guybrush Threepwood!!"

Johnny Depp makes the eunich joke:
"How appropreate, you fight like a cow"

Orlando Bloom goes into the water:
"It's okay, he can hold his breath for 10 minutes"

And so on and so forth.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3114
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 07:59:26 AM »
Look! A three-headed monkey!

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 02:59:49 PM »
Our worst experience with a movie was the Devil's Rejects.  God, that was attrocious.  We tried making fun of it, but it was like heckling a homicide scene.  (And by that, I mean a scene from an actual murder, not a scene from the show Homicide: Life On The Street.)  I saw it months ago and I still have to take a shower any time I think of it.  I want to find Rob Zombie, shake him, and say "Why?  Why did you think you needed to tell this story?  Who would want to watch this other than sociopaths?" 
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 05:11:10 PM »
I like Devil's Rejects.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline daltysmilth

• My Space
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 06:38:22 PM »
I like Devil's Rejects.

How?  I had an ear infection, not like where my ear just kinda hurt, but an actual ear infection that was so bad that you didn't need one of those little ear flashlight things to see my ear canal, because my ear canal was on the outside of my ear, and I found the whole experience less uncomfortable than watching the Devil's Rejects, because at least I got drugs to make the pain of the ear infection go away.  I suppose I could have gotten drugs to make the pain of the Devil's Rejects go away, but not through any legal channels.  Plus I would probably owe a favor to a guy with a name like "Blades" or "The Brick" or "El Pantera", and frankly, I like to keep the amount of favors I owe to people with nicknames to an absolute minimum.  But seriously, how can you enjoy the Devil's Rejects unless you've given up on humanity and routinely perform rituals from long-forgotten pagan societies designed to bring about the end of the world?  I'm not saying you *do* perform pagan apocolypse rituals, but it would explain a lot.  Oh, and please note, I'm only half-serious.   

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2006, 07:12:42 PM »
I found it funny, exciting and thought it was a good movie.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2006, 07:20:09 PM »
The Devil's Rejects and House of 1,000 Corpses are two of my favorite movies of the past six years. Really great stuff. 8)
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2006, 07:26:37 PM »
I think I've mentioned this in another thread, but one night A Summer Place came on TV and my mom and I heckled it half to death. It was great fun.  ;D A true mother-daughter bonding experience.
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006, 07:33:19 PM »
I got this 'Ultimate Horror Collection' for $2 and it's all Z-Grade Hammer ripoffs that I just made jokes all the way though.
Scottotd on Instagram

Offline daltysmilth

• My Space
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2006, 12:45:45 AM »
The only laughs I could ever conceive of giving to the Devil's Rejects are the bitter, bitter laughs of insanity.  Like how Ash laughs in that one scene in Evil Dead II where the entire house is laughing at him. 

Anyway, if you are ever looking for something good to heckle, I recommend Creepers starring Jennifer Connelly.  It has the worst soundtrack ever recorded, and it comes from the 80's, an era when many composers, particularly those who made extensive use of synthesizer that weren't Harold Faltermeyer, dedicated their lives to developing the worst movie soundtracks imaginable.  So saying the soundtrack to Creepers is the worst movie soundtrack ever is saying quite a lot.  Though the theme song is quite memorable.  It consists of a female singing wordlessly and operatically to a synthesizer pretending to be a harpsichord and a way-too-uptempo drum machine beat.  And not to give too much away about the ending, but a monkey does figure in prominently.  And it leaves the door wide open for a sequel. 

Another good one is Monster Dog starring Alice Cooper, and the guy that played Brian in the MST movie "Pod People".  And it too has a ridiculous theme song, but it doesn't beat out the theme from Creepers.  Check it out if you can find it.

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2006, 09:33:54 AM »
I like Devil's Rejects.

How?  I had an ear infection, not like where my ear just kinda hurt, but an actual ear infection that was so bad that you didn't need one of those little ear flashlight things to see my ear canal, because my ear canal was on the outside of my ear, and I found the whole experience less uncomfortable than watching the Devil's Rejects, because at least I got drugs to make the pain of the ear infection go away.  I suppose I could have gotten drugs to make the pain of the Devil's Rejects go away, but not through any legal channels.  Plus I would probably owe a favor to a guy with a name like "Blades" or "The Brick" or "El Pantera", and frankly, I like to keep the amount of favors I owe to people with nicknames to an absolute minimum.  But seriously, how can you enjoy the Devil's Rejects unless you've given up on humanity and routinely perform rituals from long-forgotten pagan societies designed to bring about the end of the world?  I'm not saying you *do* perform pagan apocolypse rituals, but it would explain a lot.  Oh, and please note, I'm only half-serious.   

Well, you could always kill the nickname-having people afterwards.  Then you wouldn't owe them anything.  Except maybe a long jail sentence and funeral expenses.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline daltysmilth

• My Space
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2006, 08:12:35 PM »
Here's something interesting.  My friend and I rented the Legend Films version of Plan 9 From Outer Space, and we watched it without commentary first so we could heckle it.  (I had seen the movie before, just not the Legend Films version.)  Anyway, after we heckled it, we watched it again with the commentary to listen to Mike's go at it.  And it turned out that one of the comments I made was pretty much identical to one that Mike made.  And it occurred at about the same point in the movie.  It was one of the times when the narrator is talking about the "old man".  And, pretending to be the old man, I said something like "Hey, I have a name, you know.  It's Phil."  And then in Mike's commentary, he said pretty much the same thing.  Except with a different name, of course.  But I guess it goes to show you.  I don't know what it goes to show you, but damned if it doesn't go to show you something.

Offline mrbakasan

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2006, 09:01:04 PM »
I don't know what it goes to show you, but damned if it doesn't go to show you something.

It goes to show that you've probably watched a lot of MST.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2006, 01:14:07 AM »
Here's something interesting.  My friend and I rented the Legend Films version of Plan 9 From Outer Space, and we watched it without commentary first so we could heckle it.  (I had seen the movie before, just not the Legend Films version.)  Anyway, after we heckled it, we watched it again with the commentary to listen to Mike's go at it.  And it turned out that one of the comments I made was pretty much identical to one that Mike made.  And it occurred at about the same point in the movie.  It was one of the times when the narrator is talking about the "old man".  And, pretending to be the old man, I said something like "Hey, I have a name, you know.  It's Phil."  And then in Mike's commentary, he said pretty much the same thing.  Except with a different name, of course.  But I guess it goes to show you.  I don't know what it goes to show you, but damned if it doesn't go to show you something.

When they sent Kelton down into Tor's grave with a box of matches, I made the comment "and, he immediately sets himself on fire." Mike's comment was "I would be surprised if he didn't immolate himself right about here." Similar, but I didn't get as close as you did. I had never seen Plan 9 before, ever. I was constantly laughing at several of Ed Wood's goofy lines. "You know, this spot sure looks familiar, though" was the line that had me rolling on the floor.
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline daltysmilth

• My Space
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2006, 05:31:39 PM »
Okay, has anyone ever sworn themselves an oath that they would never watch a certain movie, because you know no matter how bad it is, it will never be as bad you hope it will be?  I have.  For me, that movie is Dude, Where's My Car?  If I ever watch that movie, I just know I will be disappointed, so I can never watch it.  But that did not prevent me and my friends from making constant reference to it back when it was still funny to make a "Dude, Where's My Car?" reference.  Man.  When all is said and done, what answer will mankind have when God asks, "Why did you allow a movie to be released with a title like Dude, Where's My Car?"