login

Author Topic: Favorite skit on MST3K  (Read 14237 times)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: Favorite skit on MST3K
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2008, 12:52:45 AM »
At the end of I Accuse My Parents Crow turns up in a tank that aims it's gun point-blank at Joel's face. Crow then demands to have Joel's burger and fries.  :clap: ;D

Just the way they keep referring to it not as a burger and fries but "the hamburger sandwich" and the "french fried potatoes garnish" is what cracks me up.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

nummy muffin

« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2008, 04:39:29 AM »
"When you run out of planks, you run out of peir."

A little slow, well a lot slow, but haunting, no?

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2008, 11:00:16 PM »
At the end of I Accuse My Parents Crow turns up in a tank that aims it's gun point-blank at Joel's face. Crow then demands to have Joel's burger and fries.  :clap: ;D

Just the way they keep referring to it not as a burger and fries but "the hamburger sandwich" and the "french fried potatoes garnish" is what cracks me up.

That bit  was made funnier for me by the fact that I have an uncle who says that.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2008, 02:20:04 PM »
Are you ready for me to admit some blasphemy that could have me flamed?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Since we're telling the truth....

Can I just say that any time Pearl starts rubbing noses with the camera, I hit fast forward?

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2008, 09:21:42 PM »
Oh, man...there are so many...

I can narrow it down to a few, I suppose.  Crow's neverending guitar solo from The Dead Talk Back.  "The Funkadelic Seventies" from Riding With Death.  The cardboard cutouts from Hobgoblins

But if I had to pick one, it would probably be "Idiot Control Now."  Sure, it was just them aping the crappy performance of a song in the movie, but put all the elements together (the interpretation of the muddled lyrics are what I think puts it over the top), and you have utter comedic gold.  I don't think I've ever laughed harder at anything.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5708
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2008, 09:44:15 AM »
I think this was mentioned before, but I crack up at the skit where Tom is a farmer, Crow is a Llama, and Mike is just sitting there staring creepily. "Did you bring matches for Mikey?" Then he starts petting Crow really hard, and Crow is panicking, screaching really loud.

What episode was that from? I want to watch it again.

Offline Insert Coin(s) to Continue

• Big Montana
    • Insert Coin(s) to Continue
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2008, 01:18:13 PM »
But if I had to pick one, it would probably be "Idiot Control Now."  Sure, it was just them aping the crappy performance of a song in the movie, but put all the elements together (the interpretation of the muddled lyrics are what I think puts it over the top), and you have utter comedic gold.  I don't think I've ever laughed harder at anything.
Don't forget Frank's shirt :D

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2008, 01:30:19 PM »
I like the bit from the movie with giant shag rug as the monster and Mike was playing the same crappy dronning dance music on his new stereo system.    It went aon FOREVER and it was hilarious.

Janitor

« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2008, 09:18:45 PM »
Fav Host Segment,
[yt=425,350]zE3UIYnF9w0[/yt]

Fav Song,
[yt=425,350]tzCP2XXeoWY[/yt]

Fav Stinger
[yt=425,350]WIUPT5QVGJA&NR=1[/yt]
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 09:25:14 PM by Action Batch »

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2008, 05:08:41 AM »
Out of nowhere today I started to think of the segment from the Screaming Skull, where Crow decided to imitate a screaming skull to scare Mike.  He waited for Mike to walk by and just quietly said "ra" and Mike screamed his head off and kept hitting Crow with whatever he could grab.  Best part was when he pulled out golf clubs and, screaming the whole time, held one up after another trying to decide which one would be best to hit an evil screaming skull with, even pausing for a moment to give Tom a closer look at the driver before attacking.

A few people were probably wondering what I was laughing about at work.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5708
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2008, 09:17:29 AM »
RoninFox, that sketch has me in stitches every time, too.

Offline Maverick Joe Six-Pack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2008, 08:49:56 AM »
The Noh Theater/Who's on First skit in Invasion of the Neptune Men had me laughing for hours.  I actually showed it during a presentation once for a Japanese Theater class in college.  Prof was laughing so hard he was crying.  PRICELESS!

[yt=425,350]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sa-Kx5M-8Ak&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sa-Kx5M-8Ak&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/yt]
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 08:51:55 AM by thedougg »
"Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Offline beavobeave

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2008, 05:51:00 PM »
Definetly when mike was torgo for torgos pizza

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2008, 11:01:45 AM »
I'm just curious -- how long does it generally take you guys to get Servo's "Secret Agent Super Dragon" song out of your head after a viewing?

'Cause it's going on seven hours for me . . .  :speechless:
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #104 on: July 07, 2008, 10:43:08 AM »
Out of nowhere today I started to think of the segment from the Screaming Skull, where Crow decided to imitate a screaming skull to scare Mike.  He waited for Mike to walk by and just quietly said "ra" and Mike screamed his head off and kept hitting Crow with whatever he could grab.  Best part was when he pulled out golf clubs and, screaming the whole time, held one up after another trying to decide which one would be best to hit an evil screaming skull with, even pausing for a moment to give Tom a closer look at the driver before attacking.

A few people were probably wondering what I was laughing about at work.