Author Topic: Riff Raff Theater: Batman & Robin (The Rifftrax Riff)  (Read 40560 times)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2385
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: Riff Raff Theater: Batman & Robin (The Rifftrax Riff)
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2007, 03:21:41 PM »
Well, when we were approached with this opportunity, we really wanted to pay tribute to all the fans here on the forum, without whom this opportunity would never have happened in the first place... so when RiffTrax asked us to give them a short list of possible choices, we of course went straight for some of the top requested movies from the forums: Red Dawn, Batman & Robin, Starship Troopers, and a couple of others. I'm curious to know whether or not anyone at RiffTrax laughed at that list when they saw it.

DUNE was originally on our list as well, but Chris and I decided that it was too long of a movie for us to do justice to with such a short writing and editing cycle. Maybe someday, though... :)

Good choices there, but I think you went with the right one. Once my copy arrives (hurry your ass Amazon) I can't wait to get started, I already have riffs in mind just from my unfortunate memory of this movie.  Just the fact that this movie will finally be done at all is awesome.

When all is said and done and it's time to reauthor a copy of this, I'm thinking of editing down this video of Mike to just include his Batman and Robin review so it'll play before the introduction.  (the review starts around 26:24)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-557650908967841658&q=google+video+nelson+mst3k&total=17&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2007, 04:08:51 PM »
On Amazon i see one that is a single disk and then there is a 2 disk set. there isn't any difference is there?

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2007, 04:17:46 PM »
The extra features on the 2nd disk better be 90 minutes of Joel Schumacher begging for forgiveness.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2007, 04:20:02 PM »
On Amazon i see one that is a single disk and then there is a 2 disk set. there isn't any difference is there?

Generally speaking, unless a disc is called "extended", "special", or "director's cut" edition, it will be the same. If it says "widescreen" or "theatrical" edition, you should be good to go.

There are occasionally multiple editions of a theatrical release of a movie, but fortunately not TOO often.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2007, 04:48:39 PM »
good to know, thanks! and im glad too because im only willing to spend like 6 bucks on this thing! lol

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2007, 04:59:56 PM »
I'm pointing this out more because I'm bummed nobody caught it after the fact, but go back and read the Monkey's Paw thread pretty closely. :D

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2007, 10:13:26 AM »
By the way, made this up for no particular reason:

I'd call it advertising, but my double chin is not exactly marketable.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2007, 12:36:34 PM »
I'd call it advertising, but my double chin is not exactly marketable.

Oh, I don't know, to women of a certain age, or for a certain style of anti-food commercial... ;)

Seriously though, there's a reason that nobody on the internet has ever seen a picture of me, so don't let my off the cuff and COMPLETELY not serious comments upset you. Let's just say that a mug like mine is usually found shaking its fist at billy goats from underneath bridges. ;)
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

MontyServo

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2007, 02:45:56 PM »
Just got my copy from Netflix today!  I'll try to crank something out over the next few days!
It might not that good, but I'm willing to give it a try.

;D

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2007, 04:55:59 PM »
Let's just say that a mug like mine is usually found shaking its fist at billy goats from underneath bridges. ;)

Didn't Mike and Lowtax riff a movie about you?   ;-)

MontyServo

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2007, 06:21:08 PM »
Just worked on the first 40 minutes or so of the film, but I have to stop as this movie is giving me a headache.  My God, I forgot how horrible this movie actually is.

The template that you guys provide makes it so easy to do this.

I'll work on it some more over the next few days.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2007, 08:34:21 PM »
Let's just say that a mug like mine is usually found shaking its fist at billy goats from underneath bridges. ;)

Didn't Mike and Lowtax riff a movie about you?   ;-)

Yes, but unfortunately I never actually appeared in the movie, so I was told there would be no royalties. Bastards!

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2007, 04:07:25 AM »
Is there a pan and scan version? I really don't want to see the whole movie as originally intended.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2007, 06:12:03 AM »
I don't see how you could possibly write timestamp-specific material for the movie without actually watching the movie. Sorry. :)

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2007, 06:28:25 PM »
So, I started the script.
Damn, what the hell is with this film? I'm fairly sure this movie was just a threat that went too far.
"Look, Mr. Burton. Either you come on as director and writer for Batman and Robin, or THIS is the film that people will see in theaters!"
2 HOURS LATER:
"First off, I don't respond to threats. Second, you're bluffing."
"This is no bluff. Either come on board, or we'll trash the Batman franchise so badly it'll take a decade and a relaunch to fix it!"
"Good day, gentemen."
"....

Well, shit. We're screwed. Bring me Schumacher, I'm gonna kick him in the gut a few times, see if that doesn't make me feel better."