Author Topic: Riff Raff Theater: Batman & Robin (The Rifftrax Riff)  (Read 39803 times)

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
Re: Riff Raff Theater: Batman & Robin (The Rifftrax Riff)
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 07:43:29 PM »
Yeah, but they were from Vistaprint, so you're out... what? 5, 6 bucks?

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 08:59:15 PM »
Any thoughts on a more open discussion for this script given that none of us will actually be recording it?  Maybe a vote among contributers on spots that have a lot of good riffs for the same spot?  Just a thought. 

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 09:10:43 PM »
Due to my nagging pet peeve of releasing material early (outside of the stray teaser joke), this is pretty much a no-go.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2007, 05:20:26 AM »
Whoa whoa whoa... question: you mean someone has to actually WATCH Batman & Robin? Is this even legal?

How exactly does "the owner of the joke naturally evolve"? Is this like the owner of the title "king of pop" evolves?

Well, a day before my birthday. I guess if I find a copy after Xmas I'll give it a shot. I imagine it will be a tad less fun knowing some of the jokes already.

Do I get a discount if they use my riffs? I mean really, some if not all of the cost must be going towards the tedium of the watching and writing process. If I'm not getting the ginormous profits that Rifftrax makes from each sale, I should at least get free ice cream. No, a hat. I want a Rifftrax hat. And a T-shirt that says "Bill says what I tell him to say." With one of those pictures of Bill where he's looking all... Bill and stuff.

Is this movie in the "less than a dollar" bin? Don't tell me it's not.

Does this mean no pendant type thingy for B&R?

Finally,
Can I has wizard?

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2007, 05:30:27 AM »
If you plan to write for Batman and Robin, you should definitely read the writer's agreement posted on both RiffTrax and Riff Raff Theater. There will be no monetary compensation or discounts given for having your jokes included in the final RiffTrax... the real reward is hearing Mike, Bill, and Kevin perform your material. But contributing writers who end up in the final version will also receive a RiffTrax official Batman and Robin poster, and Riff Raff Theater will definitely be making up a Batman and Robin flag for signatures.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2007, 05:47:57 AM »
Meanwhile, however, we at RRT feel your pain, bratpop. Batman and Robin is an enduring stinker.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2007, 05:49:37 AM »
I just can't believe how hard it is to find this thing.  Went out looking for it today and could only find Batman Returns, Batman Begins, and the four movie box set, three of which I already own.  Guess it's Amazon for me.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2007, 07:01:37 AM »
I'm still struggling with the fact that you evil people are going to FORCE me to see this "movie" again.    :angry:

I thought we were all pals here.   :'(

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2007, 07:29:02 AM »
Well, when we were approached with this opportunity, we really wanted to pay tribute to all the fans here on the forum, without whom this opportunity would never have happened in the first place... so when RiffTrax asked us to give them a short list of possible choices, we of course went straight for some of the top requested movies from the forums: Red Dawn, Batman & Robin, Starship Troopers, and a couple of others. I'm curious to know whether or not anyone at RiffTrax laughed at that list when they saw it.

DUNE was originally on our list as well, but Chris and I decided that it was too long of a movie for us to do justice to with such a short writing and editing cycle. Maybe someday, though... :)
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2007, 10:52:43 AM »
DUNE was originally on our list as well, but Chris and I decided that it was too long of a movie for us to do justice to with such a short writing and editing cycle.

I will reply to this showing of weakness in RVR II's voice "Pussies!"  Cuz you know he left for vacation in Mexico just recently.  (I'm not sure if everyone was aware of that fact or not.)
On timeout

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2007, 10:53:15 AM »
This sounds pretty intriguing.  Just out of curiosity, are you guys at RRT planning to start charging for your commentaries as well?

We're selling tickets for the Speed show, so technically, we already have. For online sales, we plan to sell riffs in the near future. When sales start, we'll also start giving out prizes to writers and offering other perks, including discounted (or free) copies of the riffs.

I will say up front though, RRT is not being paid for work on Batman & Robin. We're doing this for the chance to work with Mike and the crew, and to get the word out about Riff Raff Theater.

Also, a poster would be nice. :D

-Chris
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 11:23:15 AM by ChrisHanel »

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2007, 11:46:42 AM »
I will reply to this showing of weakness in RVR II's voice "Pussies!"  Cuz you know he left for vacation in Mexico just recently.  (I'm not sure if everyone was aware of that fact or not.)

Wait, he is on vacation?!?   :P

Offline jetjaguar15

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2007, 11:49:03 AM »
I'm waiting for this to show on Encore again - they showed it several times in the past few months. Once they show it, I'll write a riff or two.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2007, 01:04:57 PM »
I'm waiting for this to show on Encore again - they showed it several times in the past few months. Once they show it, I'll write a riff or two.

I really don't think you'll be able to write any material without the DVD, because you need to record the timestamp when the riffs are supposed to be spoken. If you can't give us a specific timestamp for the jokes, we really won't be able to include your material in the script.

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2007, 01:18:43 PM »
That is and will continue to be RRT's point of difficulty- our careful specifications. Can't be helped.